Remington sells ammo biz off to JJE Capital
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Remington sells ammo biz off to JJE Capital within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; darn wsj paywall Firearms maker Remington Outdoor Co. has agreed to sell its ammunition business out of bankruptcy to South Carolina-based investment firm JJE Capital ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By AquaHull
  • 2 Post By Smitty901
  • 2 Post By StratMaster
  • 4 Post By SOCOM42
  • 2 Post By ND_ponyexpress_
  • 1 Post By KUSA

Thread: Remington sells ammo biz off to JJE Capital

darn wsj paywall

Firearms maker Remington Outdoor Co. has agreed to sell its ammunition business out of bankruptcy to South Carolina-based investment firm JJE Capital Holdings LLC for $65 million plus the assumption of liabilities, subject to better offers.

The JJE offer came in the form of a stalking-horse bid, setting a floor on the sale price for Remington’s ammunition business, which the company has been marketing while in chapter 11. Remington filed for bankruptcy protection in July and has been open to selling its ammunition and firearms...

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/ban...ss-11599680366

Reviving the American Dream

Headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina, JJE Capital has subsidiary companies in Florida, North Carolina and various cities in South Carolina. Our focus is on pursuing customers ranging from new or established businesses with

Jamin McCallum is owner / CEO

https://jjech.com/about-us/

As a small arms expert in the military, Jamin’s love for the M16/AR15 platform began. In the early days of PSA, a "mis-shipment" of what was supposed to be PMAG’s came as buffer tubes. This began his quest to find out how to PSA could develop our very own AR-15. In 13 short years a lot has happened. Jamin has lead PSA to a full-scale AR
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/about-psa.html
    Beechnut, 65mustang and Joe like this.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Dodged the paywall with Rueters. Don't have enough posts yet to be allowed to link.

Ammo is big money right now. average 308 in 200 round bulk offered as a deal at $2 a round yesterday. Average 5.56 $1 a round. I have what we need . I do want some 338 but at $2.50 for cheap stuff to $5 I will pass.
    StratMaster and SOCOM42 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I should have bought more, but being off work I chose to buy stuff for 12 and 20 gauge.

Maybe PSA will have ammo to test fire their firearms now.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Ammo is big money right now. average 308 in 200 round bulk offered as a deal at $2 a round yesterday. Average 5.56 $1 a round. I have what we need . I do want some 338 but at $2.50 for cheap stuff to $5 I will pass.
    Prices and availability of ammo is now critical. Most of us here have (like YOU) been buying and storing ammo for 20 years... when it was often on sale, and stacked deep on the retail shelves. Those who didn't were not paying attention. Must be a crazy "prepper" thing.
    rice paddy daddy and Joe like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    And I complained when I paid $150.00 a case (1K) for 7.62 NATO ball?

I have a gold mine in ammo right now, IF I wanted to sell it, all the calibers that are in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    And I complained when I paid $150.00 a case (1K) for 7.62 NATO ball?

I have a gold mine in ammo right now, IF I wanted to sell it, all the calibers that are in demand.
    between ammo and canning lids, I should almost have enough money for my luxury bunker!!
    Joe and StratMaster like this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

I need to shoot some of the blazer 525 packs that were 2 for $35 , I must have bought them around when FBHO got into the Oral Office.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    I need to shoot some of the blazer 525 packs that were 2 for $35 , I must have bought them around when FBHO got into the Oral Office.
    I have a bunch of federal 525 22 bricks from when GWB was in office for $8.88.... and they checked ID to see if I was 18.. they used to ask if they were for a pistol or rifle (had to be 21 for pistol ammo) I usually replied that they wouldn't fit in a pistol...
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

I wish PSA would buy the firearms division.
    AquaHull likes this.

Sponsored Links