Cmp 1911
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cmp 1911

This is a discussion on Cmp 1911 within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Well I just got an email stating that my number came up for a CMP 1911, Now I just have to figure out how to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Cmp 1911

Cmp 1911

Well I just got an email stating that my number came up for a CMP 1911, Now I just have to figure out how to convince my lovely bride to drop $1K.

Just put your foot down and tell her you are buying it.

Of course, I've never been married so.....
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri.14 View Post
    Well I just got an email stating that my number came up for a CMP 1911, Now I just have to figure out how to convince my lovely bride to drop $1K.
    $1K will get you a very nice brand NEW 1911.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

One K???? Hell I got mine from them for $25.00, in 1964.

I still have it.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    $1K will get you a very nice brand NEW 1911.
    True.
    But these pistols are for those who want a piece of history, who like authentic military weapons.

For the price I paid to get a 1943 Remington made Springfield Model 1903A3 I could have gotten a Savage or Remington bolt action 30-06 with a scope plus several boxes of ammo.
    But they just wouldn't be the same in my eyes.

For the price I paid for my 1945 Springfield M1 Garand I could have gotten an AR and a bunch of ammo.
    But, there is absolutely NO comparison between the two.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    One K???? Hell I got mine from them for $25.00, in 1964.

I still have it.
    i got my Colt Government Model MkIV Series 70 for $35 from a guy I worked with. This was in the late 70's.
    I still have it.
    StratMaster, inceptor and Slippy like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The CMP 1911s are definitely collector pieces. They have mostly seen hard use and likely need a overhaul to be reliable as I understand it. For a custom build or daily carry there are better 1911 options. If I had the funds available and was picked, I would buy it and not worry. The value will only go up with time.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

The Good Cop

An aquaintance who is a military firearms collector, and I mean good stuff such as a WW2 BAR, an M16A1, an M79 grenade launcher and a Thompson, offered me a unique piece.
    It was a USGI 1911/1911A1.
    It had been rebuilt by some unknown military armorer at some time in the past, and was a 1911 frame with a 1911A1 slide.
    All properly marked, including the wonderful US Government Property.
    I do not remember the contract builder.
    He was asking $1500, and for the shape it was in was an excellent deal. And definately a one-of-a-kind.

I didn't have the money, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    i got my Colt Government Model MkIV Series 70 for $35 from a guy I worked with. This was in the late 70's.
    I still have it.
    I have a Colt Commander series 80 that I inherited 16 years ago from a friends estate,

along with 25 other guns including some FNFAL'S.

I carry it quite a bit in cooler weather, but right now I am carrying an S&W 4566TSW,

4 spare mags, and a S&W #3 hammerless in 32 S&W as backup.

I do list to one side.

I do not want to get caught in some left wing demo and be a victim.

The two handguns I can shoot the best are a 1911 and a S&W mod 66, 4 inch.

I beat everyone on our PD everytime we shot for qualification for as long as I was on the department.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-19-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Keep the gun in the glove box and the ammo in the Trunk. Only safe way to carry those guns as was taught in rookie school. lol. Kindly dont tell any lovers of those goofy guns what i said. Thanks. I hate getting nagged at all over again another time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links