Cmp 1911 - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cmp 1911

This is a discussion on Cmp 1911 within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; 1911s, only had one and was was a squirrel to shoot. Groups all over. I'd only be happy < 25 yds My M29 S +W ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Cmp 1911

1911s, only had one and was was a squirrel to shoot. Groups all over. I'd only be happy < 25 yds

My M29 S +W I can flip woodchucks at 75 yds . So it's not me

Pistol hunting woodchucks, great practice in stalking and marksmanship............
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 07-20-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    1911s, only had one and was was a squirrel to shoot. Groups all over. I'd only be happy < 25 yds

My M29 S +W I can flip woodchucks at 75 yds . So it's not me

Pistol hunting woodchucks, great practice in stalking and marksmanship............
    The guys I ran with in the 70s who were madly in love with those things swore by Gold Cups I think. Tighter bushing and bettre triggers or something. One of my close chums had one that shot .38 special wadcutters. He said was real accurate and they gave us free ammo. What was not to love. He carried a padded briefcase around to buy and sell guns. In those days at Corpus there were cops everywhere and they was always either getting divorced fired or got a job an needed a gun. My pal was the go to guy. He was a 32nd degree Mason named Trooper Roger Barnes. Very colorful guy. When the Captain retired who was also a Mason..he gave old Roger a real Thompon and a Grease Gun. Those Masons stick together.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
    True but those CMP Garands are completely rebuilt and in very very nice shape if you pay for a Service grade or better. I've yet to see a CMP 1911 up close but from the CMP boards, most of the military 1911s are worn out pieces of junk. $1000 is a lot of money for a worn out piece of junk just to say you have an authentic 1911.

I love my Garand. I still haven't decided on a 1911.
    And yet, I'd wager they will all be sold out and people will still want one.

If I didn't already have four 1911A1's, I'd buy one for my military weapons collection.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

How's the condition of those 1K guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    How's the condition of those 1K guns?
    I betting not very good. They are old. Been in inventory a long time. they were used. There maybe a few gems mixed in rarer manufactures . You can bet they been picked through. Made up my mind to pass on this not long after they announced it would happen.

" The Civilian Marksmanship Program last year announced it would sell 10,000 of the legendary pistols that have been in Army stocks for decades to collectors. But that number has dropped to 8,000 for this year as of a recent posting by CMP.

Thing is, not all of the 8,000 to be made available will be up for purchase by those select few who’re given the go ahead. Instead, some have been deemed “unusual and worthy of being auctioned,” according to the CMP website."

" The CMP will randomly pick “winners” for the surplus 1911s on Oct. 5, where customers will be contacted and be allowed to select the grade of pistol they wish to purchase.

The pricing is as follows and includes shipping:

Service Grade $1,050: Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Field Grade $950: Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Rack Grade $850: Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition.

Auction Grade: The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 07-21-2020 at 05:45 PM.
    Hemi45 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

@Smitty901

That's discouraging but not unexpected. When this news initially broke I was interested since the 1911 is my favorite pistol but the condition I'd want would likely be more than I'd feel comfortable paying. I'm about 40-50 years too late for the deals/firearms I really want - lol!
    Smitty901 likes this.

@bigwheel ,

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Here is some more ass raggin, I have carried one since 1964, never had a problem with them.

It is my opinion that those afraid of them are incompetent or just plain yellow assed wimps, or as you say, ROOKIES.

Or they are mechanically inept twits.

The amount of AD's with glocks are 5 times higher than with a 1911 and the 1911 had about a 70 year head start.

IF YOU ARE AFRAID of them, keep the hell away from them!!!!
    Here is a picture of mine.
    Cmp 1911-spam-45-s-021.jpg

You will notice everyone has a Wilson SS mag in it.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-31-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    And yet, I'd wager they will all be sold out and people will still want one.

If I didn't already have four 1911A1's, I'd buy one for my military weapons collection.
    Here is a picture of my 5, and a picture of my bayonets and 2 of my K-BAR'S.

Cmp 1911-spam-45-s-021.jpg

Cmp 1911-spam-45-s-018.jpg

Cmp 1911-spam-45-s-019.jpg

Well Here she is !

Not too bad of shape, Tight action crisp trigger @ 5.5 Lbs. Remington Rand, 1944 build. It has been re-parkerized. The barrel is pristine, so It must be a newer barrel.

Maybe get it to the range this weekend.

Its not a Kimber, but it s genuine U.S Govt Army Issue !!Cmp 1911-img_0474.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links