Cmp 1911 - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cmp 1911

This is a discussion on Cmp 1911 within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy True. But these pistols are for those who want a piece of history, who like authentic military weapons. For ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Cmp 1911

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    True.
    But these pistols are for those who want a piece of history, who like authentic military weapons.

For the price I paid to get a 1943 Remington made Springfield Model 1903A3 I could have gotten a Savage or Remington bolt action 30-06 with a scope plus several boxes of ammo.
    But they just wouldn't be the same in my eyes.

For the price I paid for my 1945 Springfield M1 Garand I could have gotten an AR and a bunch of ammo.
    But, there is absolutely NO comparison between the two.
    I love Garands and 14's, have a bunch, my favorite two are from H&R, they are in brand new condition with 0 TE.

I worked there for a long time, from M-14 builds to M1 rebuilds in 7.62 MM NATO, then the M-16.

I also have a half dozen M1 carbines.
    StratMaster, Camel923 and RedLion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Keep the gun in the glove box and the ammo in the Trunk. Only safe way to carry those guns as was taught in rookie school. lol. Kindly dont tell any lovers of those goofy guns what i said. Thanks. I hate getting nagged at all over again another time.
    Here is some more ass raggin, I have carried one since 1964, never had a problem with them.

It is my opinion that those afraid of them are incompetent or just plain yellow assed wimps, or as you say, ROOKIES.

Or they are mechanically inept twits.

The amount of AD's with glocks are 5 times higher than with a 1911 and the 1911 had about a 70 year head start.

IF YOU ARE AFRAID of them, keep the hell away from them!!!!
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-20-2020 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Just put your foot down and tell her you are buying it.

Of course, I've never been married so.....
    I’m on my third marriage. Take what I say and do the opposite.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Your cash and a man can do what he wishes with it. No way those 45's are worth much. There maybe a few worth a couple bucks but 99% are not
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I inherited my dad’s 1911. He was in a water cooled 30 cal machine gun crew during the war and fought in the Philippines. I get it out and shoot it once every few years. It has seen heavy and hard use. I had it inspected and we replaced all the springs to make it reliable. I kept all of the original parts just in case, so as not to lose any historical value. So as an antique, these 45s are neat to own. But they have all been beat to death so I would never trust my life to one.

My Daddy was a Vet of the Big War too. Army Air Corps MP mostly in England. He say they stuck him in some kinda remote guard shack in a forest. He got highly bored and sit a beer bottle on a post about 50 yards away and spent hours and cases of ammo of which he had plenty trying hit with his issue 1911 with no success. He said one day a limey rode up a bicyle and wanted to bs. The limey asked him if he could hit anything with his gun? My daddy say hell yes pulled out the gun and busted the bottle without aiming. The Limey was astounded and went away muttering about crazy yanks. lol. According to the story anyway.
    Chiefster23 and Slippy like this.

Just like the ole car market. Many times there is no way those things are worth what they sell for. If that's what the buyer wants and is willing to pay the price who are we to judge.

Buy it and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    One K???? Hell I got mine from them for $25.00, in 1964.

I still have it.
    I'll give $200 That's a 800% Appreciation, Not too bad
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri.14 View Post
    I'll give $200 That's a 800% Appreciation, Not too bad
    Nah, I don't think so, will go to my kid when I go.

Besides, I have a Bridgeport Thompson that I paid $150.00 for, that I would sell first @ about $18,000.00.

All the others have gone up at least a hundred times each.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-20-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    True.
    But these pistols are for those who want a piece of history, who like authentic military weapons.

For the price I paid to get a 1943 Remington made Springfield Model 1903A3 I could have gotten a Savage or Remington bolt action 30-06 with a scope plus several boxes of ammo.
    But they just wouldn't be the same in my eyes.

For the price I paid for my 1945 Springfield M1 Garand I could have gotten an AR and a bunch of ammo.
    But, there is absolutely NO comparison between the two.
    True but those CMP Garands are completely rebuilt and in very very nice shape if you pay for a Service grade or better. I've yet to see a CMP 1911 up close but from the CMP boards, most of the military 1911s are worn out pieces of junk. $1000 is a lot of money for a worn out piece of junk just to say you have an authentic 1911.

I love my Garand. I still haven't decided on a 1911.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links