Home Defense Rig
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Home Defense Rig

This is a discussion on Home Defense Rig within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I hope and pray its never used for its intended purpose but now that I see the completed project I feel pretty darn proud of ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Home Defense Rig

Home Defense Rig

I hope and pray its never used for its intended purpose but now that I see the completed project I feel pretty darn proud of it and I wanted to share. Benelli Supernova Tactical that I got a pretty good deal on used, Mesa Tactical Rail/Side Saddle, Bushnell TRS-25, iProtec LG Universal Mount, Surefire G2X flashlight, loaded with 00 Buck. Home Defense Rig-20200717_070230.jpg
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

I have an 870 Police for home defense. However I keep mine stock with no external attachments. For home defense, I want my gun light as possible and clean with nothing to snag or get in the way. Maybe I'm stupid, but I figure if I need to reload in a home defense situation... I picked the wrong weapon. Also never understood having a flashlight on a weapon used for home defense. Seems to me, using one would highlight your position & you would give up the advantage of knowing your own home.

I'm certainly not putting you down, just discussing home defense decisions. Beautiful gun!
    Last edited by Redneck; 07-17-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Nice gun.

For me.

Same M37 Ithaca my dad got me for Christmas. I've hunted with than gun so much it feels like a part of me. Practice makes perfect....

With old school foster slugs it will drop a deer to 100yds, done that, actually longest one shot was 97 paces, double lunger. Also have used all kinds of shot. The slug barrel throws buck great up close. For birdies and longer shot I have a 28" modified barrel

Home Defense Rig-1-ithaca.png

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

870 Tac-14 with brace in house and 870 Marine mag in shop. NO semi auto jammer for self defense for me.
    Mad Trapper and Slippy like this.

Since I don't have to worry about neighbors . . . or others in my AO . . . my AR or M14 is far more than adequate to handle such "problems" if they should arise.

I personally don't like the idea of having to reload in a firefight . . . so I can drop something in the neighborhood of 89 empties on the floor by exchanging guns 3 times . . . before I have to consider the possibility of reloading.

Can't do that with a shotgun . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    SOCOM42, modfan, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Since I don't have to worry about neighbors . . . or others in my AO . . . my AR or M14 is far more than adequate to handle such "problems" if they should arise.

I personally don't like the idea of having to reload in a firefight . . . so I can drop something in the neighborhood of 89 empties on the floor by exchanging guns 3 times . . . before I have to consider the possibility of reloading.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you're still fighting after 89 rds, you probably ain't gonna make it.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    If you're still fighting after 89 rds, you probably ain't gonna make it.
    I disagree, My money's on Pastor Dwight and when he is still fighting after 89 rounds any thugs left better haul ass because I have a standing order for 100 Gen-U-Wine Slippy Made Pikes from Dwight!

That's a good looking rig. I am running a short barrel shotgun with 00 myself. Light, compact, easy to run and manipulate in a house as well as devastating. Always one in the tube. The only thing the bad guy may hear, if he listens closely, is the sound of the safety being disengaged before his head explodes.
    SOCOM42, inceptor, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Where I live the neighbors are a factor in decisions that are made in a home defense scenario making large caliber rifles and slugs a no no. I'm hoping for a one shot stop or a 5 shot stop if scenario becomes reality however I am prepared with other options which can quickly be deployed should the situation warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    I have an 870 Police for home defense. However I keep mine stock with no external attachments. For home defense, I want my gun light as possible and clean with nothing to snag or get in the way. Maybe I'm stupid, but I figure if I need to reload in a home defense situation... I picked the wrong weapon. Also never understood having a flashlight on a weapon used for home defense. Seems to me, using one would highlight your position & you would give up the advantage of knowing your own home.

I'm certainly not putting you down, just discussing home defense decisions. Beautiful gun!
    Thanks! I don't take it as being put down. In my judgement and experiences the benefits of having a light outweigh the detriments so that is why its there and that's why a small streamlight is part of my EDC. Not to mention there wouldn't be much sneaking if anyone got in my house because the dog would make sure everyone in the house knows something is wrong. The Remington 870 Police is a darn fine weapon, I've shot them myself several times.

With everything that's been going on I've also been looking at some less than lethal options to have laying around and came across 12 gauge pepperball rounds. I'm curious if anyone here has experimented with them and how those experiments turned out.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

The Good Cop

I have a variety of shotguns, because bought used they are inexpensive, and they are cheap to feed.

The wife's defense long gun is a Winchester 1300 Youth Model 20 ga.
    My anti human shotgun is an Ithaca Model 37 DS Featherweight Police Special 12 ga that set me back $300 used. This is a rifle sighted, open choke, 18" barrel gun, mine serial numbers to 1972. She stays loaded with OO buck.

Close at hand in the house is a Mossberg Silver Reserve 12 ga O/U, and a Stoger Uplander SXS 20 ga. These are for barn yard defense of our animals from predators. They are also the only ones of my 14 shotguns that I bought brand new.
    In my truck is a Stevens 67E 12 ga pump. Stevens 67's were used in Vietnam, so I feel comfortable with this particular piece. For $175 it was a solid deal.

For fun, I have a number of single shots, 12, 20 & .410.
    One of my "project guns" is a 1940 H&R Model 120 Game Gun. This is a tube magazine fed bolt action 16 ga. I got this one for free since it needed work.
    Slippy, stevekozak and inceptor like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links