How long do you keep your magazines loaded? - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How long do you keep your magazines loaded?

This is a discussion on How long do you keep your magazines loaded? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I am the armorer for my police department. We are not big, only about 29 officers, but unlike most PD's we shoot a lot. In ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: How long do you keep your magazines loaded?

I am the armorer for my police department. We are not big, only about 29 officers, but unlike most PD's we shoot a lot. In the old days every time we had a training, or a qualification, or just shooting practice we would unload our duty ammo and load up our range ammo. Eventually we had to replace some springs and even followers. Then we decided to just buy everyone 4 more magazines and leave the duty mags full of duty ammo and just leave them loaded until it's time to replace the duty ammo. There was an immediate and marked reduction in wear and tear on the mags. Now duty mags get loaded and stay loaded for about 2 years. The duty ammo is shot and then they are checked over and reloaded. No one has reported any issues and I am replacing a lot less mag springs.
    Smitty901 and Back Pack Hack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    I am the armorer for my police department. We are not big, only about 29 officers, but unlike most PD's we shoot a lot. In the old days every time we had a training, or a qualification, or just shooting practice we would unload our duty ammo and load up our range ammo. Eventually we had to replace some springs and even followers. Then we decided to just buy everyone 4 more magazines and leave the duty mags full of duty ammo and just leave them loaded until it's time to replace the duty ammo. There was an immediate and marked reduction in wear and tear on the mags. Now duty mags get loaded and stay loaded for about 2 years. The duty ammo is shot and then they are checked over and reloaded. No one has reported any issues and I am replacing a lot less mag springs.
    Nothing like the real world to screw up a myth.
    patrioteer likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links