WHy didn't someone warn me?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on WHy didn't someone warn me? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I went to Academy to hold the Ruger American 1 last time before I bought it. They had maybe 20 pistols and no ammo. I ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: WHy didn't someone warn me?

I went to Academy to hold the Ruger American 1 last time before I bought it. They had maybe 20 pistols and no ammo. I was like wow. I told the wife let's go to Cabela's, same thing. I did pick up a few boxes of 308 just cause.

You do know what this means don't you?????

After the election all of these weapons will be on the used market cheap!!!!!!
    bigwheel, Kauboy, rswink and 1 others like this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Unless Biden wins.
    65mustang and Smitty901 like this.

The Good Cop

April of this year, more guns were sold in one month than any other since records began to be kept. I can't remember the number, but it was more than a million.
    May was a little behind.

Edited to add: I just googled it, there were 1,797,910 sold in April 2020
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 05-23-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by modfan View Post
    I went to Academy to hold the Ruger American 1 last time before I bought it. They had maybe 20 pistols and no ammo. I was like wow. I told the wife let's go to Cabela's, same thing. I did pick up a few boxes of 308 just cause.

You do know what this means don't you?????

After the election all of these weapons will be on the used market cheap!!!!!!
    Like all the cheap generators after Y2K didnt pan out?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Like all the cheap generators after Y2K didnt pan out?
    That was my plan... pick up an unused genny March or April of 2000 for dirt cheap. Never happened.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Unless Biden wins.
    WHy didn't someone warn me?-93o5abp.jpg
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Unless Biden wins.
    That was good. And true.
    As for weapons being for sale cheap. Don't bet on it. Good firearms hold value over the long term. if you jumping into firearms to flip them and make a buck, I hope your lose your tail. If your buying to insure you have what you need. Hang on to it and you lost nothing. Buy when you. Remember how fast some states shut down all FFL for awhile? Nothing stopping them for doing it again. Bubba why aint you got a gun? Ah man I was waiting on a deal you know. Then there was nothing left for me. Some thing you don't play the market with sell high buy low. You keep what you have and add to it as needed over time. Cost averaging.
    The only firearms I would buy used would be ones no longer manufactured new that I truly wanted.
    inceptor, SOCOM42, Hemi45 and 1 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The only firearms I would buy used would be ones no longer manufactured new that I truly wanted.
    More than half of my firearms were bought used.
    But, then, they were wood and steel made by respected American manufacturers. Colt, S&W, Remington, Marlin, Ruger.

As far as used guns being available cheap, those panic buyers probably didn't know a lot about weapons, and even less about selling them.
    They will go to either the local gun store, or pawn shop, and THEY will buy them cheap. And then mark them up to full price and pocket the difference.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Unless Biden wins.
    Biden has no chance of winning. He will not get Bernie voters and he alienated a good chunk of blacks. Even with fraud, he has no chance.
    inceptor and 65mustang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Biden has no chance of winning. He will not get Bernie voters and he alienated a good chunk of blacks. Even with fraud, he has no chance.
    This will be a brokered convention. I suspect the reason they pushed the convention back is to bring in a surprise so the GOP has less time to debate and show them for what they are.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links