Getting back into reloading
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Getting back into reloading within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Got out of reloading a few years back . . . kinda lost interest is the big reason. Got a deal on a "barn find" ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By dwight55
  • 2 Post By Sasquatch
  • 2 Post By jeffh
  • 1 Post By dwight55

Thread: Getting back into reloading

Got out of reloading a few years back . . . kinda lost interest is the big reason.

Got a deal on a "barn find" Hornady Lock N Load, . . . did a little fixin up.

Added a home grown case feeder . . . I like it now. Video is of the case feeder operation.

Ran a small test batch thru it tonight, . . . hit the range with them tomorrow or Sat at the latest.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Inor, RedLion, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

My Dad gave me the books and the tools. All I have to do now is learn how to use them.

Great video @dwight55
    dwight55 and Slippy like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Got out of reloading a few years back . . . kinda lost interest is the big reason.

Got a deal on a "barn find" Hornady Lock N Load, . . . did a little fixin up.

Added a home grown case feeder . . . I like it now. Video is of the case feeder operation.

Ran a small test batch thru it tonight, . . . hit the range with them tomorrow or Sat at the latest.

May God bless,
    Dwight

Very cool. Reminds me that I need to be loading up some more ammo but all of my stuff is in storage right now since I'm building a new house. I'll be back up and running before long.

My set up is similar to yours with a L-n-L and a home made case feeder, but I'm using a 3D printed case feeder that I bought off of a guy on Thingiverse. It works well enough for pistol. I haven't tried it for rifle yet but that is on my list to do.
    Slippy and dwight55 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
    Very cool. Reminds me that I need to be loading up some more ammo but all of my stuff is in storage right now since I'm building a new house. I'll be back up and running before long.

My set up is similar to yours with a L-n-L and a home made case feeder, but I'm using a 3D printed case feeder that I bought off of a guy on Thingiverse. It works well enough for pistol. I haven't tried it for rifle yet but that is on my list to do.
    If that is the red one, . . . I saw that . . . and kinda sorta liked the idea.

But after watching a dozen or so other videos on case feeders (to say nothing of the original Hornady) . . . they all used the "wire" as a guide . . . took me a while to get it right . . . but I think it will do what I need for a long time.

I'm hoping to pass it all down to my son some day . . . let him play with the toys ol' Dad made.

We did the same thing here . . . built ours from scratch . . . wife and I nailed 2 x 10's together . . . called in the concrete truck . . . poured the footings . . . built it up from there. It took us 18 months to get it "liveable" and another 6 to 8 to finish it . . . but it was well worth the effort. Glad to see you are building your house. It will be an adventure you will never forget.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    jeffh likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Sponsored Links