What if there was a 10 Gun Limit - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What if there was a 10 Gun Limit

This is a discussion on What if there was a 10 Gun Limit within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy 10? Heck I've got almost twice that in shotguns alone. @ Slippy on your list I see a serious ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: What if there was a 10 Gun Limit

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    10? Heck I've got almost twice that in shotguns alone.

@Slippy on your list I see a serious shortcoming.
    You have no Mauser, the best bolt action ever designed. Designed by Peter Paul von Mauser, it has been copied by almost every major rifle manufacturer.
    In fact, the famous US Springfield Model 1903 was determined to be a patent infringement on Mauser's design and the US was fined a significant amount. Our entry into World War One negated that.

The ultimate culmination of the Mauser rifle was the K98k, the WWII service rifle for Germany.
    Firing an 8X57 MM cartridge (actually 7.92X57), when loaded with a 196 grain bullet will put down almost everything that walks.

Every serious rifleman should have a 30-30 lever action, an 8MM Mauser, and a Springfield 1903 or 1903A3.
    Yes Sir RPD, I had to chuckle at the premise of limiting to 10 firearms. Heck, I've got 6 within 2 strides reach of me as I lounge in my chair by the fireplace!

On the Mausers, heard of them, never handled or shot one. Their new production stuff looks very nice though.

Any suggestions?

https://www.mauser.com/en/

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Yes Sir RPD, I had to chuckle at the premise of limiting to 10 firearms. Heck, I've got 6 within 2 strides reach of me as I lounge in my chair by the fireplace!

On the Mausers, heard of them, never handled or shot one. Their new production stuff looks very nice though.

Any suggestions?

https://www.mauser.com/en/
    With me, two things come into play with firearms. #1 I'm a history nut, so I like old guns, and #2 I'm a Po' Boy.
    So, that means military surplus for me.
    The military surplus Mauser market is not what it was even 15 years ago, Europe has been pretty much combed over and not many are coming in any more.

Here is one good example. www.gunbroker.com/item/852447674 This is a post-war Yugo. They are solidly built, and worth the money.

A German K98k will be more costly. I have one of the many thousands left behind at the end of the war, and is a Yugo rework that was done before 1948, I paid less than $600, here is a post-48 and what they cost now www.gunbroker.com/item/844265736
    Untouched German K98k's are now collectors items because they are scarce, and priced accordingly www.gunbroker.com/item/848765444

I also have a GEW98 that was made at the Danzig Arsenal in 1917. During the 30's when Hitler was rapidly expanding the military and rifles could not be built fast enough, WWI rifles were rebarreled and turned into K98k's. Mine was a GI capture, and the guy "sporterized" it by cutting the stock down and adding a rubber recoil pad. I traded a shotgun for it, and it is the best shooter of all my old guns.

My latest (4 years ago) is a Turkish M38, made in 1944 and has all matching numbers. I paid $240, but even these have risen. They are good shooters www.gunbroker.com/item/853394419

The 8MM is a 32 caliber at around 2600 FPS and even a standard 170 grain has a bit of recoil. The 196 grain hunting loads will let you know when it goes off. The young pups at the range with their AR's who ask if they can shoot one of mine usually quickly hand it back after firing one round.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 01-19-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

10 is just the average number of guns one takes to the range here. There is no way I could reduce to that number.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Because I don't care what they know. And they likely already know it. I have never sold a gun in my life. But you can bet buying 10 in one year was not uncommon. There were some lean years on military pay , and a family that left nothing for such purchases. Making up for lost time was fun latter in life. One Christmas I purchased 5 in one day from the same Fleet farm. I did get a visit from LE . He mentioned only the number and not what firearms were purchased. He ask if everything was alright. I replied yes Christmas shopping.
    At that time we still had a 3 day wait on handguns. The third day I picked them up with no issues. Every one of them still with my children except 1. My daughter return hers when I purchased her a new one this year.
    SOCOM42, Slippy and MountainGirl like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

10 guns per person? Heck, I'm below that level. But I don't believe in keeping any safe queens. You can only shoot one gun at a time.
    Last edited by Elvis; 01-20-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    modfan likes this.

The Good Cop

None of mine are safe queens. Every one gets fired, sooner or later.
    Even those that are a hundred years old.

How many here have a nickle plated 1921 Colt Police Positive Special in 32-20?
    Definitely not a safe queen, she often rides on my hip here at the farm. A gen-u-ine Barnyard Defender.
    My life would be complete if I had a Winchester or Marlin lever action in the same caliber.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

OK, I will play...

1- 12 gauge pump -
    1- Ruger 10/22 any model
    1- Beretta Neos 22
    2- AR's any model
    1- 357 revolver
    1- 45 Colt
    1- 9 MM Rifle
    1- 9 MM Pistol
    1- 30-30 marlin or winchester
    stowlin likes this.
    Be a Berean

If they implement a 10 gun limit, I would not worry one bit. Most government workers are incapable of counting to 10. This is a group of people that are incapable of figuring out which public restroom to use. Yet somehow, they are going to figure out how to get into my house and count my guns?!?
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

!0 gun limit, that's fine, I will put them in rotation so only 10 are on hand at a single point.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

First thanks to those who played. I get a government imposed ten gun limit would be one to ignore. Sometimes such a limit is for other reasons like what you can carry, load up or take with you. Perhaps it’s a financial limit to which it was a lesson well learned the 6.5 over 7.62x51 is silly and maybe a big mistake. There are a myriad of reasons. Also it might be useful to prioritize. For example when I was regulated in CA I fell in love with SAA hand Guns but none are on my list. Its just an intriguing exercise. Thanks again.
    Slippy, Inor and 1skrewsloose like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links