What if there was a 10 Gun Limit - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What if there was a 10 Gun Limit

This is a discussion on What if there was a 10 Gun Limit within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Slippy I would have; At least 4 Precision 1911's; 2 in 45 acp, 2 in 9mm At least 4 AR15 Platform Rifles ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: What if there was a 10 Gun Limit

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I would have;

At least 4 Precision 1911's; 2 in 45 acp, 2 in 9mm
    At least 4 AR15 Platform Rifles in 5.56
    A couple of Pump Shotguns in 12 G
    A handful of Single Shot Shotguns in .410 Bore
    A gaggle of Plastic 9 mm Semi-Auto Handguns
    A few Plastic Semi-Autos in 45 acp
    A couple of them in .40 sw
    At least 3 AR10 Platform Rifles in .308
    A herd of Lever Guns in .30-30, .357 and 45-70
    More .22 LR Long Guns and Hand Guns than you can shake a stick at
    More Revolvers than you have fingers in various calibers
    At least 1 precision rifle in .17 HMR, .22 Mag, 22-250
    1 .380 Get the Eff Off Me Gun per person
    An M1A or 6
    3 or 5 Mosin Nagants
    A handful of Garands

I'm sure I missed one or two but am I up to 10 yet?
    Alright Slippy.....when did you peek into my gunsafes......
    Slippy and stowlin like this.

The reality of what is happening now is a result of liberals taking over education. Years of planning and work has given them a platform to push the agenda. We are just now seeing the beginning of what is coming. The promise of free stuff and we will make someone else pay for it is to good to pass up.
    They will take the firearms bit by bit, one law one state at a time. Without a major wake up in this country many of us will live to see it. Agendas often move slow for a long time , then they reach a point enough have joined in and then it comes fast. We are in high gear now.

I need to finish the goal of having at least one of every Ruger RPR.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 01-19-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

OK, just to start off here,this guy really has no clue, relatively young and lacks in depth knowledge.

Most apparent error that shows his shortcomings is, his reference to the M1A.

Before I pick him apart, I want to make a statement here on the M1A.

A commercial M1A, with a reasonably accurately made receiver and all USGI parts is one of the finest battlefield rifles in the world.

Now to picking him apart,

HE states it has been around for 78 years, wrong!

The M1 Garand has been around that long, and is still a viable battle rifle under certain conditions(get off my lawn!).

We are talking two different animals here, father and son in the process of evolution.

Both rifles will take the 6.5 with a new barrel installed.

Then he wants it in 6.5 Creedmoore, yeah that will work, but at $1.50 a round???

The 7.62X51 NATO round will work just fine and there is a lot of surplus around for $.50 or less.

The cost adds up quickly if you are buying 1 or 2 or even 3 thousand rounds.

Who cares if it shoots a 1/4 MOA larger group???

Are we going to do battle at 600 yards, hardly a self defense range under most conditions.

A Winne lever gun in .357 Mag. for what, so you can have a hand gun in the same round?

I have and prefer a Marlin 1894 in .357, a better gun IMHO, after working on both for 50+ years.

Yeah I have handguns in .357Mag. also and 10K of ammo to go with them, they are third tier level survival guns.

I would take a second or third M1A in place of it.

Shotguns, he prefers a 930 Mushberg, better choice with a 500 series,

better still an Rem. 1100, 1187 or an 870, he had them and chose a lower quality, shows his lack of in depth experience.

Better to stick with an AR that is simple and well made, no need for all the junk hung on them, and in 5.56 NATO only.

His choice of handguns is also questionable.

First there is caliber, a must for survival, the most common around, which are 9MM Para., 45ACP, 38 special and .357 Mag.

All are proven man stoppers and have been around for 100+ to 65+ years as a testament to that,

and can be found in any store that carries ammo in one flavor or another.

My choices are a 1911 of which have six, and a Sig 226-8 in 9MM or any Smith&Wesson 6 series auto in either 45 or 9.

Revolvers, the same any of the 6 series there also, they are without doubt the best made revolvers in the world.

That even includes the current cheapening of them, the best were made from the 50's through the late 80's.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 01-19-2020 at 08:28 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I've got your limit of ten
    A Watchman and MountainGirl like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I lost all of mine in a boating accident on Lake Erie. If I did have to have 10: Two Versamaxs one for hunting and one for home defense 12 gauge, two glock 21s, Marlin 39A 22, two ak folders, two m-1 garands, custom 50 cal bolt.
    Last edited by Camel923; 01-19-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

My 10 gun list;

M-60 machine gun

Two M-14 rifles

Two M-4 FA carbines

Barrett 50 cal.

Two 1911's in 45 ACP.

Browning HB-M2

Carl Gustav M3

This assumes that there is sufficient ammunition and spares for all of the above.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 01-19-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    Smitty901, stowlin and Camel923 like this.

The Good Cop

10? Heck I've got almost twice that in shotguns alone.

@Slippy on your list I see a serious shortcoming.
    You have no Mauser, the best bolt action ever designed. Designed by Peter Paul von Mauser, it has been copied by almost every major rifle manufacturer.
    In fact, the famous US Springfield Model 1903 was determined to be a patent infringement on Mauser's design and the US was fined a significant amount. Our entry into World War One negated that.

The ultimate culmination of the Mauser rifle was the K98k, the WWII service rifle for Germany.
    Firing an 8X57 MM cartridge (actually 7.92X57), when loaded with a 196 grain bullet will put down almost everything that walks.

Every serious rifleman should have a 30-30 lever action, an 8MM Mauser, and a Springfield 1903 or 1903A3.
    Slippy, SOCOM42, stowlin and 3 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    My 10 gun list;

M-60 machine gun

Two M-14 rifles

Two M-4 FA carbines

Barrett 50 cal.

Two 1911's in 45 ACP.

Browning HB-M2

Carl Gustav M3

This assumes that there is sufficient ammunition and spares for all of the above.
    I do like the M60 cussed it a few times do to weight but it served me well.

Year ago I moved most of the firearms to another world. They will not find them . Those will need to find them when when the times comes. Knew this was coming I was just off by 1/2 a generation.
    stowlin and Inor like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    10? Heck I've got almost twice that in shotguns alone.

@Slippy on your list I see a serious shortcoming.
    You have no Mauser, the best bolt action ever designed. Designed by Peter Paul von Mauser, it has been copied by almost every major rifle manufacturer.
    In fact, the famous US Springfield Model 1903 was determined to be a patent infringement on Mauser's design and the US was fined a significant amount. Our entry into World War One negated that.

The ultimate culmination of the Mauser rifle was the K98k, the WWII service rifle for Germany.
    Firing an 8X57 MM cartridge (actually 7.92X57), when loaded with a 196 grain bullet will put down almost everything that walks.

Every serious rifleman should have a 30-30 lever action, an 8MM Mauser, and a Springfield 1903 or 1903A3.
    RPD, I have everyone you listed here, my list was confined to the 10 guns I would want/have.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    Alright Slippy.....when did you peek into my gunsafes......
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links