New toy
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New toy

This is a discussion on New toy within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I stopped by the gun store today to scope out the used long guns and look over the handgun cases. Hot damn! A new toy ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: New toy

New toy

I stopped by the gun store today to scope out the used long guns and look over the handgun cases. Hot damn! A new toy followed me home. Colt king cobra target model. 357. 4 inch barrel. Stainless steel. I will give a range report this weekend after a visit to the indoor range.

Super Moderator

Congrats! But surely it didnt follow you home. I'm sure it must be quarantined for 10 days while you undergo a rigorous background check which includes a mental health evaluation. Then there are the miles of paperwork, in triplicate, which all concludes with your state deciding if they "feel like it today" whether they ALLOW you to have the firearm. Then after a 5 day "cooling off" period we start the process all over again for the ammo.

Right? I'm pretty sure that's how its written in the Constitution.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    watcher and Denton like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Only in commiefornia Squash, sigh...
    watcher and Denton like this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Maybe a grand total of 15 minutes to complete the whole transaction. And 5 to 8 minutes of that was the salesman “on hold” waiting for the instant backround check to clear. PA is pretty good on gun purchases so far.
    Denton, bigwheel and watcher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I stopped by the gun store today to scope out the used long guns and look over the handgun cases. Hot damn! A new toy followed me home. Colt king cobra target model. 357. 4 inch barrel. Stainless steel. I will give a range report this weekend after a visit to the indoor range.
    Name:  458054.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  11.3 KB

Now that is a Bee-U-Tee-Full Toy Chiefster!
    Denton and watcher like this.

Sorry guys. No range report yet. I had a “senior moment” yesterday. I packed up my new toy, range bag, hearing protectors, etc. and headed out to the range. After I arrived I realized I left the ammo at home. This getting old shit is really a drag! I notice my memory isn’t what it used to be........ along with a whole lot of other things, too.
    Denton, inceptor and Joe like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Sorry guys. No range report yet. I had a “senior moment” yesterday. I packed up my new toy, range bag, hearing protectors, etc. and headed out to the range. After I arrived I realized I left the ammo at home. This getting old shit is really a drag! I notice my memory isn’t what it used to be........ along with a whole lot of other things, too.
    Hey, it could have been worse. You could have forgotten the way home!
    Chiefster23 and Joe like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Congrats! But surely it didnt follow you home. I'm sure it must be quarantined for 10 days while you undergo a rigorous background check which includes a mental health evaluation. Then there are the miles of paperwork, in triplicate, which all concludes with your state deciding if they "feel like it today" whether they ALLOW you to have the firearm. Then after a 5 day "cooling off" period we start the process all over again for the ammo.

Right? I'm pretty sure that's how its written in the Constitution.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    In Wisconsin you walk in pick your firearm instant back round check and in a very short time walk out with you new firearm rifle or hand gun. Current governor elected by teachers union ,government works and undocumented voters want to stop that. Then they want to stop CC and private ownership of firearms.
    Denton and Sasquatch like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Cuter than a speckled pup. Hearty congrats. Carried a Trooper Mark III for a while. Looks sorta similar. Mine was amzingly accurate...nice barrell and super crisp sights. Added a bunch to my shooting scores over what I had been doing with a Model 28 SW. Had a crappy trigger pull was the one draw back and it took a gun smith to know how to lighten it up. Used leaf springs instead of coil springs or somethng odd. The side plate on the SW could be popped off right readily and wire cutters used to shorten the hammer rebound spring..and make the trigger get real tender. Too much off the spring could result in doing a modified single action for a while. lol. Guess this moral of the store is..how dat trigger? Thanks.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 11-11-2019 at 02:11 PM.

From dry fire, the trigger is real sweet for being factory spec. Years ago I had a couple of S&W revolvers that I had a local gunsmith rework. He did an amazing trigger job. But he is long gone now. And most gunsmiths around here will not touch a trigger job with a 10 foot pole. Worried about liability, I guess. Anyhow, this trigger ( and the whole gun) will stay factory. It’s too pretty to mess with.
    Deebo, bigwheel, inceptor and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links