My wife's .44 SPL Charter Arms Bulldog.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on My wife's .44 SPL Charter Arms Bulldog. within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; While my wife was once a liberal school teacher, I have educated her into my redneck ways. She never liked my automatics, but once she ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: My wife's .44 SPL Charter Arms Bulldog.

While my wife was once a liberal school teacher, I have educated her into my redneck ways. She never liked my automatics, but once she fired this Bulldog--and tore out the 10 ring--this revolver became her Guardian Angel.

If you want to both punch big holes and still have manageable recoil, this might be your next handgun.

...and her drawer works now...

My wife's .44 SPL Charter Arms Bulldog.-dsc02888.jpg
    Slippy, redhawk, Grinch2 and 3 others like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I personally like my Target Pathfinder, good shooting little gun. I remember vividly when I got my 445 SuperMag, I went into a gun store I frequent and a woman had a 44 Special, not sure whether it was a Bulldog or not. But she was rather persistent that she get 44 Magnum ammunition because that was what her husband told her to shoot. The owner informed her there was a major difference, but the problem was despite the gun being marked 44 Special a Magnum could actually fit with the correct bullet.
    RedLion and bigwheel like this.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

“Everything's fine today… that is our illusion.” – Voltaire

One cannot appreciate the light until you have seen the darkness

I bought my wife a 9mm Khar CW9 semi auto. Quick recovery and comfortable to shoot. She loves it. I just outfitted an AR carbine for her too.
    RedLion and bigwheel like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    While my wife was once a liberal school teacher, I have educated her into my redneck ways. She never liked my automatics, but once she fired this Bulldog--and tore out the 10 ring--this revolver became her Guardian Angel.

If you want to both punch big holes and still have manageable recoil, this might be your next handgun.

...and her drawer works now...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02888.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	100653
    That's an older one, maybe 1990's. they haven't been nickle plated in a while. Classic is always good!!
    But they are still a quality product today. I'm a firm believer in Charter Arms products.
    I have a Bulldog 44, bought the wife a 38 Special snubby. I liked them both so much I bought a 22LR Pathfinder snubby to carry in my back pocket during daylight hours here at the farm. After dark that changes to an older Rossi 38 Special snubby.

Here is a stock photo of my Bulldog, the only difference is mine has a bobbed hammer to avoid snagging the pocket on the draw. This is from their catalog.
    www.charterarms.com/collections/bulldog
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 10-13-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    RedLion likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

@RPD, my wife prefers the Bulldog, but then prefers a more compact revolver for her purse. So technically I lost two of my handguns. This is the one for 'purse carry'...

My wife's .44 SPL Charter Arms Bulldog.-001.jpg
    RedLion likes this.

Uh darn, now you have shop for replacements. I hate when that happens.
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Uh darn, now you have shop for replacements. I hate when that happens.
    Well, I don't have that much money.

When I bought that little revolver, it was "for me only" and I cashed in the farm! I think I paid 1,100 dollars for that revolver. But it has/had everything I wanted, alloy frame, sturdy cylinder, comfortable rubber grip and a light gathering front sight. It must go for around 1,400 now.

I think I shot it once at Gander Mountain's indoor range. Of course, then my wife found out about it, picked it up, mentioned it fit her hand like a glove--and then I foolishly mentioned it took .38 SPL rounds, too.

My wife just doesn't like recoil, so I always keep commercial .38 SPL hollowpoints on hand. It really didn't matter, she just got one of her myriad purses with a secret pocket and my little beauty went to The Dark Side...
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Well, I think I paid 1,100 dollars for that revolver.

Cough, cough, what? No way....

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Cough, cough, what? No way....
    Yeah, I hate to say that. It's made from really good stuff, and for a snubbie it really chews out the 10-ring.

Super Moderator

Brother, I feel your pain.

My current wife shot my Judge shortly after we got hitched. After launching a few cylinders of .45 Colt with tack-driving accuracy, she informed me that the revolver belonged to her. What was I to say? The reloaded piece was in her hand and not mine.

No problem. I now have a Schofield.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links