Social Credit Score in order to buy a Firearm? Is this S#!T for real or fake news?

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Social Credit Score in order to buy a Firearm? Is this S#!T for real or fake news?

This is a discussion on Social Credit Score in order to buy a Firearm? Is this S#!T for real or fake news? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/22/t...ol-background/ This is getting ridiculously bona-fide mentally freakin' FUBAR...is this crap for real or is this fake news? (Please Dear Lord, if this is for ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Social Credit Score in order to buy a Firearm? Is this S#!T for real or fake news?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/22/t...ol-background/

This is getting ridiculously bona-fide mentally freakin' FUBAR...is this crap for real or is this fake news?

(Please Dear Lord, if this is for real, take me now...)

Super Moderator

That is a rewrite of the WaPo article. I clicked through to the WaPo article but read only a couple of sentences before the article was blocked with a demand that I give them a dollar a month to read their articles. Not gonna; wouldn't be prudent.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

What is next, a good social credit rating to be allowed to access your 1st amendment rights?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Fake News. I believe this originated with Alex Jones which tells you all you need to know.

Besides, 2/3 of Americans use Amazon. How will they asses the 1/3 that doesn't?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

We have a Constitution, and SCTOUS.

It's time to spank these asshats. Jail them.
    Michael_Js, rooster85 and Slippy like this.

The Bill of Rights is not a permission slip!!

China uses this already, written for them by google, and they use to decide who lives where, who gets air travel, and who can leave / enter the country. Tell me what good comes of this?

Get them while you can!,or,go fish.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Saw this yesterday. It's from Info-Wars so that pretty much says it. Not that I wouldn't put it past this government to get around to it eventually.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Fake News. I believe this originated with Alex Jones which tells you all you need to know.

Besides, 2/3 of Americans use Amazon. How will they asses the 1/3 that doesn't?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just because Alex Jones said it - doesn't mean it's not true. Here's one of the FoxNews articles on it's current use...here in the US.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/silicon...-credit-system

A nascent social ranking system in the U.S.?

The Fast Company report cites, for example, PatronScan, whose technology makes bars and other drinking establishments safer for patrons by scanning customers' IDs when they enter. The system will flag individuals who are deemed “serious risk to guests or staff,” according to PatronScan's website, including people prone to violence after excessive drinking.

PatronScan pointed Fox News to its privacy page, which states that data are not stored unless a person is flagged. Typically, data are permanently deleted after 90 days.

The Fast Company report also cites the New York State Department of Financial Services, which said in January that life insurance companies can base premiums on social media posts.

"That Instagram pic showing you teasing a grizzly bear at Yellowstone with a martini in one hand, a bucket of cheese fries in the other, and a cigarette in your mouth, could cost you," Fast Company said, adding that good behavior, like taking yoga classes, could be seen as something positive.

Also cited by the report is Airbnb, one of the world’s largest online marketplaces for arranging home stays. When Airbnb bans a person, it can have a profoundly negative impact because of Airbnb’s dominance in the home-stay space, with more than 6 million listings around the world.

Other examples include social media sites that ban people if they’re blocked by too many users.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not even that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links