Happiness is.......... a 3-position selector switch

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Happiness is.......... a 3-position selector switch within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Happiness is.......... a 3-position selector switch

It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Been invited to a few of those. Always a good time. Looks like you guys labored having a good time.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

The Good Cop

It was always fun when the ammo was free.
    Denton likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    It was always fun when the ammo was free.
    This was BYOB.......... bring your own bullets.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

The Good Cop

I can remember in the States, going to the range for a day of training. At the end of the training, if any of the ammo issued for us that day was left, we could not simply turn it back in.
    It had to be disposed of by shooting it.
    RedLion, Denton and Steve40th like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I always liked the M60 and the SAW full auto and nothing else. The M16 when it had the full auto option did waste a lot of ammo.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I can remember in the States, going to the range for a day of training. At the end of the training, if any of the ammo issued for us that day was left, we could not simply turn it back in.
    Still pretty much the same way. It cost more to inventory,inspect and return than it fire it. Ammo that has been issued for range use becomes questionable if returned to inventory.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Well, now that inspired me to take out my Thompson SMG this week, been intending to for a while.
    I just hate burning ammo though.
    Have 12, 30 round mags loaded in the safe, 360 rounds, could go through that in less time than to type this line.
    Had a an M3 grease gun once a long time ago, ex wife went through a thousand rounds in a very short time, and wanted more!
    I got a bunch of Wolf 45 recently and will burn some of that up.
    It is not like I have to go anywhere, just in the back yard.
    The guy shooting the Sten gun had no clue how to hold it.

While in the NG, in the guard tanks back when, I put 5,000 rounds through an M-37 coax mg in a night firing.
    Ammo dump screwed up and issued live HEAT round for the 105MM M68 main gun.
    We had two trailer flatbeds unloaded and the ammo out of the black containers before the dump could stop us.
    We got to shoot it, all of it, because it was open.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 09-03-2019 at 07:25 AM.
    RedLion likes this.

Super Moderator

We called it the Mad Minute. Before the end of the fiscal year, we'd go to the range, flip the switch to group therapy and launch all the ammo that hadn't been spent throughout the year. It was explained that any unspent ammo turned in would be counted against future ammo allocated. Wasteful.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The M16 when it had the full auto option did waste a lot of ammo.
    I did get to fire a full-auto H&K once. I preferred their selector switch, as you could fire three shots when learning how to operate a full-auto rifle.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links