Best Arguement I can Find

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Best Arguement I can Find within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; “If you are for gun control, then you are not against guns, because the guns will be needed to disarm people. So it’s not that ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Best Arguement I can Find

“If you are for gun control, then you are not against guns, because the guns will be needed to disarm people. So it’s not that you are anti-gun. You’ll need the police’s guns to take away other people’s guns. So you’re very pro-gun; you just believe that only the Government (which is, of course, so reliable, honest, moral and virtuous…) should be allowed to have guns. There is no such thing as gun control. There is only centralizing gun ownership in the hands of a small political elite and their minions.”

― Stefan Molyneux

Posted this on my facebook.
    Pretty damn spot on.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

It just doesn’t make sense to put guns in the hands of a few, especially those few who wield the power. Have they not read history!
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Absolute power absolutely causes abuse. However it goes...
    Now that I'm a "strait up law abiding citizen" I feel compelled and saddened that so may are just "giving their rights away".
    Mine will have to forcefully extracted, from cold dead hands.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It all goes back to our education system......er......I mean............indoctrination system.
    A Watchman and inceptor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Absolute power absolutely causes abuse. However it goes...
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Mine will have to forcefully extracted, from cold dead hands.
    Don't grab it by the barrel..... it'll still be hot.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I watched a TED talk on "Why I chose the gun". It was a General in Luxembourg explaining why he chose the military over a civilian advocation. He had a female soldier bring an M4 or similar variant out on stage and the stress of the crowd was palpable. You could sense that the crowd was very uncomfortable. It was very well presented. Then he said that the government has a "monopoly on violence". Only they can use deadly force, not citizens in defense of their families or in opposition to tyranny or invasion by hostile forces. Pretty scary.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    I watched a TED talk on "Why I chose the gun". It was a General in Luxembourg explaining why he chose the military over a civilian advocation. He had a female soldier bring an M4 or similar variant out on stage and the stress of the crowd was palpable. You could sense that the crowd was very uncomfortable. It was very well presented. Then he said that the government has a "monopoly on violence". Only they can use deadly force, not citizens in defense of their families or in opposition to tyranny or invasion by hostile forces. Pretty scary.
    Saw that same video. Interesting to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Very glad you saw it Sas.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Have you noticed that the major figures pushing for “gun control” either have armed bodyguards, live in gated communities guarded by armed guards, or both, and NONE of them are willing to give them up. I guess it’s alright for THEM to have those things because THEY are important. I saw an interview several years ago with ex-Congressman Charles Rangel who had earlier stated that he did’t believe that any citizen should own a firearm. When asked about disarming HIS bodyguards he answered no because members of Congress were “important”.
    I guess that says allot of what they think of most of us.
    Prepared One, Slippy and Steve40th like this.
    Suck it up buttercup.

Quote Originally Posted by Notold63 View Post
    Have you noticed that the major figures pushing for “gun control” either have armed bodyguards, live in gated communities guarded by armed guards, or both, and NONE of them are willing to give them up. I guess it’s alright for THEM to have those things because THEY are important. I saw an interview several years ago with ex-Congressman Charles Rangel who had earlier stated that he did’t believe that any citizen should own a firearm. When asked about disarming HIS bodyguards he answered no because members of Congress were “important”.
    I guess that says allot of what they think of most of us.
    Trump came to a city near me around the time he said he "didn't like" suppressors. While a reporter at the airport was announcing the impending arrival of AF1, why, right there in the background..... were two suppressors sticking out over the edge of a nearby building.
    Denton likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links