22tcm
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

22tcm

This is a discussion on 22tcm within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...tcm-cartridge/ Just ordered the rock island rifle chambered in this round. Nice thing about the rifle is it takes the Para Ordnance double stack magazines. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 22tcm

22tcm

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...tcm-cartridge/

Just ordered the rock island rifle chambered in this round. Nice thing about the rifle is it takes the Para Ordnance double stack magazines. I am going to tear it apart and get a good look at the bolt. May order a couple more to open the bolt face up and rebarrel into different calibers.

Also ordering a 22TCM conversion kit for the 1911 so I can build a companion pistol for it.

Neat little round based upon the 223 case. Should be less painful to reload than the 5.7x28.
    RedLion likes this.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

Looks very interesting. Keep us posted how you like it. Thanks.
    dsdmmat likes this.

I first learned about this round from an episode of "Gun Stories" a couple years ago. An Armcor employee developed it on the side and ARMCOR liked what the guy had as a way to sell their 1911's. Would be a fun round to shoot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I first learned about this round from an episode of "Gun Stories" a couple years ago. An Armcor employee developed it on the side and ARMCOR liked what the guy had as a way to sell their 1911's. Would be a fun round to shoot.
    That is what I thought too. If nothing else it will be useful to get rid of all them 35 and 40 grain .224 bullets I have.
    Smitty901, RedLion and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    That is what I thought too. If nothing else it will be useful to get rid of all them 35 and 40 grain .224 bullets I have.
    It looked like a lot of fun shooting out of a 1911. It kind of reminds me of my M57 in 7.62x25 and my PMR30 from a speed of the round stand point.

Sounds like something interesting to play with. I don't see spending and cash on it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    Smart thinking on that. You could cure the rounds achilles heel of having to be too short to work right and put some spitzers on it. But then how would it cycle through your gun? This is a mystery. Poking them deep might work..by cracky.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Smart thinking on that. You could cure the rounds achilles heel of having to be too short to work right and put some spitzers on it. But then how would it cycle through your gun? This is a mystery. Poking them deep might work..by cracky.
    Single load some 62 grainers for kicks.
    bigwheel likes this.

There ya go. I love single shots. Always used one bird hunting. I killed as many birds as anybody else with half the shells. lol.

Rifle got here today. Unfortunately the ammo did not. First thing I did was get a look at the bolt face, it will work for any 9mm based cartridge but it is not big enough to open up for the 10/40 or 45. So I can use 9mm rounds (up to 9x23 win) or rimless (JDJ) 38 super cartridges.

Going to mount a Nikon buck master on this one and order another to rebarrel in a 9mm cartridge later on.
    bigwheel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links