C-9 Hi Point - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

C-9 Hi Point

This is a discussion on C-9 Hi Point within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Been hearing rumors Taurus was no longer throw down guns thanks to many lectures from the jack Booted thug. Dwights issue with the High point ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: C-9 Hi Point

Been hearing rumors Taurus was no longer throw down guns thanks to many lectures from the jack Booted thug. Dwights issue with the High point was the first problem I heard about those guns other than being gonky and klunky like Rugers..heavy..ugly etc. If I could find my slide rule I would do so math on whether it was the gun or ammo which caused the delayed fire problem. As it stands its a puzzler.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Hell, I bought a Taurus G2C a month or so ago as an impulse buy. It was on sale at 200 bucks. I was a bit nervous because Taurus's reputation is less then stellar, but I figured it was cheap enough I could use it as a truck gun or something. I have put 400 rounds of 9MM down range without so much as a hiccup. It gives me 12+1 capacity in a very compact package. I trust it enough that I am not afraid to conceal carry it. I have never held a Hi-Point in my hand much less shot one but I have heard they are workable and reliable, if a little heavy and ugly. Back up gun, shop gun, truck gun, or give it to the unprepared schmuck when shit hits the fan blades.

My G2C follows me to the garage and shop when I am working out there.
    I have owned 5 different Taurus and not a one was bad from my experience.

Thanks for the report. Would not be reluctant to own one if the price was right and the gun was needed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I've owned a couple of Taurus guns. A Millennium and a model 85 with a bobbed hammer. I really liked them both but they weren't without their problems. The trigger on the Millennium was really long and it just wasn't reliable enough for carry. The revolver ended up with a broken firing pin and a cylinder timing issue. As far as the High Points go I have a ton of experience with them. I've never owned one but most murders and suicides I worked involved one. Hot enough ammo and they are very reliable. Hard to break down, the pot metal may crack and they weigh alot, but they will go bang. If my wife needed a nightstand gun and I was broke, I'd get her one.

I sent my Taurus 85CHULT back to Taurus for a replacement trigger spring and I missed the FedEx guy when he brought it back. The next day I got a call for a burglar alarm at the FedEx facility. When the alarm was reset I asked the keyholder if it would be possible to get my gun while he was there. He said "sure, follow me". On the way I passed a bunch of boxes and ermahgerd, WEED! I found the box from Brownsville, TX. He marked it suspicious, gave it to me, Vice delivered it and made the arrest. My biggest haul ever. 14 pounds. Low hanging fruit too. Easy kill. So see, Tauruses may be unreliable but it's worth sending them back.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I have a C9 that jams usually more than once per magazine. I only have 1 magazine for it and I got the pistol used from my brother.

I think the mag might be junk and am considering buying a new one. I also recently polished the feed ramp but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    I've owned a couple of Taurus guns. A Millennium and a model 85 with a bobbed hammer. I really liked them both but they weren't without their problems. The trigger on the Millennium was really long and it just wasn't reliable enough for carry. The revolver ended up with a broken firing pin and a cylinder timing issue. As far as the High Points go I have a ton of experience with them. I've never owned one but most murders and suicides I worked involved one. Hot enough ammo and they are very reliable. Hard to break down, the pot metal may crack and they weigh alot, but they will go bang. If my wife needed a nightstand gun and I was broke, I'd get her one.

I sent my Taurus 85CHULT back to Taurus for a replacement trigger spring and I missed the FedEx guy when he brought it back. The next day I got a call for a burglar alarm at the FedEx facility. When the alarm was reset I asked the keyholder if it would be possible to get my gun while he was there. He said "sure, follow me". On the way I passed a bunch of boxes and ermahgerd, WEED! I found the box from Brownsville, TX. He marked it suspicious, gave it to me, Vice delivered it and made the arrest. My biggest haul ever. 14 pounds. Low hanging fruit too. Easy kill. So see, Tauruses may be unreliable but it's worth sending them back.
    Wow. Intereting story. So they were selling wacky weed at the Fed EX store? Why did the gun box get marked suspcious. How did vice get involved? Is eermahgered a type of weed or a misprint? Thanks.
    Deebo likes this.

I have a Taurus Millennium as my main carry. I have shot thousands of rounds through it has always fired. I love the gun, it fits my hand, it hits what I aim at, and it always fires no matter the ammo.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

They marked the marijuana package as suspicious so I could take it and put it in my patrol car. By FedEx policy we could not use their vehicles, uniforms or logos to fake a delivery so I called narcotics and vice. They sent a guy in civilian clothes to act like a neighbor. He told the recipient FedEx left it with him. She said "yes it's mine, I'll take it." So she got busted. The package originated from Brownsville, TX.

Ermahgerd is millennial speak for oh my God! I know, I should act my age.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Deebo and bigwheel like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

hmm. Brownsville Texas? They smuggle backpacks for 40$, across the river and deliver to drop points, both sides, both ways.
    Wonder whats in them backpacks?
    Hi Point offers a lifetime warranty.
    I have shot a few, and no issue, but probably less that 100 rounds total.
    How is their customer service? Anyone can offer a warranty, but if customer service sucks, is it worth it?
    Who has sent one back? Why? Response?
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    They marked the marijuana package as suspicious so I could take it and put it in my patrol car. By FedEx policy we could not use their vehicles, uniforms or logos to fake a delivery so I called narcotics and vice. They sent a guy in civilian clothes to act like a neighbor. He told the recipient FedEx left it with him. She said "yes it's mine, I'll take it." So she got busted. The package originated from Brownsville, TX.

Ermahgerd is millennial speak for oh my God! I know, I should act my age.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Ok..now I see as the blind man often said. Pretty sure all the old hippies around here have figured out USPS is the safeist way to get a bit of contraband delivered. lol. Cant see how anybody could make any money shipping dirt weed from the border. That stuff can fry a set of lungs before it gives the munchies...or so Ive heard.
    csi-tech likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links