Hard Question The Law
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hard Question The Law

This is a discussion on Hard Question The Law within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Probably written a variation of this question a dozen times and I normally hit delete before posting. I want to be as hypocritical as I ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Hard Question The Law

Hard Question The Law

Probably written a variation of this question a dozen times and I normally hit delete before posting. I want to be as hypocritical as I can be and still get an honest answer if I can.

When it comes to guns and having them do you adhere to the law as you know it’s enforced, as you believe it should be or under your God given rights as a human? I don’t speak only of in your jurisdiction but others as well?

To be fair I need to provide an example and I shall. I get asked this by family, friends and so why not you: do you Stowe away a firearm on the boat knowing it will cost you freedom and more in some locations and I’ll answer: sometimes yes. Not always for example I won’t go thru the canal because Columbia and Nicaragua are jails I probably wouldn’t survive in, but Europe no problem.
    RedLion likes this.

The Good Cop

I obey the law.
    At age 70 and on Social Security I’m too old to go to jail and too poor to post bail.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

I obey constitutional law. I have to admit that I have violated maritime law because I believe the law of nature and nature's God trumps maritime law.
    RedLion, Michael_Js and stowlin like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My official public statement is to obey the law. Having said that, What one does under the radar is up to them. Know the consequences and benefits prior to acting. There is an old saying that the best place to be armed is where it is forbidden.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I obey the law to the best of my ability. Some times those that enforce laws don't even know the law. Example the ATF. There may come a time when I am faced with doing what is right or follow an unjust and constitutional law. In that case I will do what is right.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I'm more of a knife guy, I always carry one, a switchblade to be specific. Of course, all the fun has been blunted now. The State of Wisconsin made switchblades legal about two years ago.

I'm just a year younger that Rice Paddy Daddy. And I'm far too pretty to go to jail...
    RedLion and stowlin like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

So far to the best of my ability and knowledge, . . . I will make a valiant attempt to follow the law.

In fact, . . . because of their laws: I avoid Chicago and NY state like the plague. New Jersey and all of New England are off my "list".

I double check the laws of different states before I go on any kind of road trip, . . . avoiding potential problems if I can.

I spent serious money to have an AR I can lay on my passenger seat fully loaded and ready, . . . in Ohio that is a pistol, . . . and Rock River sold my AR as a pistol so I am legal.

Most of that is the same as RPD and others: too old to spend time incarcerated, . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    RedLion, Michael_Js and stowlin like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Do the criminals obey the letter of the law?? Guess I'd take my chances and protect myself and that doesn't mean bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    So far to the best of my ability and knowledge, . . . I will make a valiant attempt to follow the law.

In fact, . . . because of their laws: I avoid Chicago and NY state like the plague. New Jersey and all of New England are off my "list".

I double check the laws of different states before I go on any kind of road trip, . . . avoiding potential problems if I can.

I spent serious money to have an AR I can lay on my passenger seat fully loaded and ready, . . . in Ohio that is a pistol, . . . and Rock River sold my AR as a pistol so I am legal.

Most of that is the same as RPD and others: too old to spend time incarcerated, . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Dwight sounds like you've got that Northern efficiency, Southern charm going on. Maybe the Midwest is a mix of both worlds, I don't know.

You can carry in Vermont if you're a resident. Maine too. Non-resident permits are available in Maine.
    RedLion, dwight55 and stowlin like this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Dwight sounds like you've got that Northern efficiency, Southern charm going on. Maybe the Midwest is a mix of both worlds, I don't know.

You can carry in Vermont if you're a resident. Maine too. Non-resident permits are available in Maine.
    Vermont is slowly swirling down into the liberal toilet. Theirs biggest cesspool is in Burlington Vt.

They still have no restrictions/permits/licenses needed. They have started to jump on the "ban" wagon.......

Lots of liberals have moved there in last 30 years. There was a movement, "Take back Vermont" in the 1990s, well it didn't succeed, Sanders is a Senator.........
    Michael_Js and dwight55 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links