Hard Question The Law - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hard Question The Law

This is a discussion on Hard Question The Law within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Mad Trapper Vermont is slowly swirling down into the liberal toilet. Theirs biggest cesspool is in Burlington Vt. They still have no ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Hard Question The Law

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Vermont is slowly swirling down into the liberal toilet. Theirs biggest cesspool is in Burlington Vt.

They still have no restrictions/permits/licenses needed. They have started to jump on the "ban" wagon.......

Lots of liberals have moved there in last 30 years. There was a movement, "Take back Vermont" in the 1990s, well it didn't succeed, Sanders is a Senator.........
    "Take back Vermont" Yes!

We've spent a lot of time there. The place is heaven on earth geographically speaking. It's all local hillbillies and weekender ski type or retired rich dudes. Some middle-class but not much in-between 'cause the economy's really bad.
    stowlin and Denton like this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Not legal. I carry all day everyday, everywhere I go. Havent been in a post office or police station. yet, probably would take her out and lock up in the car at the PD.
    I have my LCP on my left calf right now, and it breaks work rules. HA.
    I can always find another job, I can always drag a court battle out for years, what I can NOT DO, is allow someone to "force their will upon me", be it whatever, and I will not be a fish in a barrel. We all gotta die, I just wanna have a little say so if I can.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I obey constitutional law.
    I will agree with this.
    Denton and stowlin like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    So far to the best of my ability and knowledge, . . . I will make a valiant attempt to follow the law.
    Here's an interesting adjunct to that idea.

I was talking to a cop once (no, I wasn't arrested that time) and he told me that if you leave your home to go to the grocery store, and after shopping you drive straight home, most "upstanding citizens" will have--by the law of averages--broken five laws.

If there's a cop here who has some statistics, I'd like to know if that idea is actually true.
    stowlin likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I carry where legal.

I expect others to follow the law. I act as I wish others to act.
    "Ok for me, but not for thee" does not sit well with this fellow.

This will likely put me at a disadvantage someday.... if I ever actually decide to go to places that restrict.
    stowlin likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Thankfully living in Texas obeying the guns laws is relatively easy. I usually respect the law about where to carry and where not to carry but at least there are very few limitations. Now in my “older age” I prefer not to travel to states where gun law as are restrictive.

On the boat, I do, or did, when traveling, have a firearm stashed. I also had a “flare gun” that uses shotgun shells. Never raised an eyebrow by anyone. But then again I didn’t go to Venezuela or similar places.

Interesting side bar about boats... a friend took a 2 year circumnavigation of the Caribbean. Strapped to the front of his mast, down below (which was actually in the forward cabin) was a stainless steel 20 gauge shotgun. I know he sailed by, as quickly and quietly as he could some countries but I also know he entered Columbia and others. No questions concerns or issues the entire trip. I believe he also had a 357 buried on the boat somewhere.
    stowlin and stevekozak like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Here's an interesting adjunct to that idea.

I was talking to a cop once (no, I wasn't arrested that time) and he told me that if you leave your home to go to the grocery store, and after shopping you drive straight home, most "upstanding citizens" will have--by the law of averages--broken five laws.

If there's a cop here who has some statistics, I'd like to know if that idea is actually true.
    Well because of the society we have created most through the education system we have to have laws on laws on laws. Most laws are not enforced . They are there as a way to get a foot in the door as they say. A way to stop you to investigate you .
    Most people speed a lot, most run stop signs and don't even notice they do it. More than half the people that park in handicap parking are not.
    I cc and open carry with in the law. I do avoid going places that post. I will not hire a contractor for any kind of work if there office is posted , and yes I check. Every weapon I own is with in the law. However there are many in LEO that do not know the law.
    I have had to prove that point a couple times. Now if you were to ask me at what point I would ignore laws. I would agree there are things that could force me to.
    stowlin likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Smitty, I had a similar conversation today with the Acting Senior Manager who replaced Jen at Barnes and Noble.

It's the worst kept secret that my wife and I CCW knives and pistols, so I asked "Woodie" if he was going to make changes in their so-called "weapons policy." That got a chuckle, because he knows my wife and I would cover his employees from the mall trash that washes into his cafe' area.

Woodie told me not to worry about the laws and policies because no one had ever confronted Jen, and he had job now for almost a month and hadn't even met his supposed supervisor.

Yes, Madison Police Officers buy coffee there, and most of them know the CC Riders even without our colors. Yes, one of them openly asked if I "had any new toys." We walked to his squad car and I emptied my pockets. We discussed knives, and then the officer handed all my knives back...
    stowlin likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I carry anywhere I want to with a few caveats. I have to remember I can't carry in places where it is disallowed, I may have magazine restrictions or ammo restrictions in places like NYC, Mass etc.. But generally LEOSA covers me. I obey the law to the letter because I have to abide by the canons of Judicial ethics now that I am a judicial commissioner. Even dumb ass SBR laws.

I always told my trainees that judges and legislators have the luxury of "interpreting" the law or "divining" what the writer of the law "meant". So many of my trainees asked "does this serve justice?" "is this the spirit of the law?" I just told them to enforce the letter of the law, as written verbatim in the Tennessee code annotated. I also told them that in some cases they have a measure of discretion. You can give breaks and you can be human.

Having said that, I confess that I have not always worn Blaze orange when I'm hunting. I also speed a little here and there and as long as the laws in my state are in keeping with the bill of rights and the constitution I'm good.
    stowlin and Denton like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I do what is necessary to protect me and mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links