1911 question,,, - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

1911 question,,,

This is a discussion on 1911 question,,, within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by RedLion Another pissing contest..... I do not yet own a 1911, but did carry one during Desert Storm. My so called security ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 1911 question,,,

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Another pissing contest..... I do not yet own a 1911, but did carry one during Desert Storm. My so called security blanket on an M1A1 tank was a Remington Rand 1911 that had seen many better days. I will likely own one some day and have tinkered with buying one, but do not have one yet. Last handgun I bought was a CZ-75B. Another excellent combat hand gun.
    Yeah, the better days of a Remington Rand 1911, would be 1942 or so, so they would have been pretty beaten up by Desert Storm.
    And the CZ-75 is right there in Pantheon of Holy Guns; it is a great design.
    [If it weren't for these whizzing contests, the days would just drag on and on; the contests add piss and vinegar, to an otherwise mundane existence.]
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 04-25-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    RedLion, bigwheel and Deebo like this.
    A DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE INHABITANTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH, OR STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA:: [Pennsylvaia was a very different place then, just look at Philly today, compared to 1776 AD.]
    [And it is regrettable that their original confrontational ways, about how government should work, has been lost.]

VI. That those who are employed in the legislative and executive business of the State, may be restrained from oppression, the people have a right, at such periods as they may think proper, to reduce their public officers to a private station, and supply the vacancies by certain and regular elections.
    [Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    Yeah, the better days of a Remington Rand 1911, would be 1942 or so, so they would have been pretty beaten up by Desert Storm.
    And if it weren't for these whizzing contests, the days would just drag on and on; the contests add spice to an otherwise mundane existence.
    I am not criticizing, just too lazy to participate in the pissing.
    MisterMills357 and Kauboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I am not criticizing, just too lazy to participate in the pissing.
    I know it, and I am not being a fault finder, even if I sound like it. These threads always help people, even when it seems old and stale, to all of the old timers.
    Me personally, I have a .45 1911, and I wish that I had a Beretta M92, and a Taurus M66 to boot. I am pretty flexible, when it comes to what constitutes a good gun.
    RedLion and bigwheel like this.
    A DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE INHABITANTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH, OR STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA:: [Pennsylvaia was a very different place then, just look at Philly today, compared to 1776 AD.]
    [And it is regrettable that their original confrontational ways, about how government should work, has been lost.]

VI. That those who are employed in the legislative and executive business of the State, may be restrained from oppression, the people have a right, at such periods as they may think proper, to reduce their public officers to a private station, and supply the vacancies by certain and regular elections.
    [Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I LOVE my 1911's

BUT I am very intrigued by the 2011...

SAY WHAT Slippy? A 2011??? You done smokin' something today?

No Sir BobCatTail, I have been keeping my eye on the STI International Guns 2011 Platform Pistol. Sweet! A tad bit pricey but everyone needs a goal, right?

https://stiguns.com/
    https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...emons-pistols/

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    [If it weren't for these whizzing contests, the days would just drag on and on; the contests add piss and vinegar, to an otherwise mundane existence.]
    Actually, there were no 1911A1’s made for the government after 1945. By any maker.
    After Korea and Vietnam all were pretty worn out
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 04-25-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    RedLion and MisterMills357 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

My first handgun, . . . and first 1911 came off the black market, . . . streets of Saigon, . . . spring of '66, . . .

When I rotated back, . . . left it with another swabbie, . . . I never used it, . . . but slept better knowing I had it.

Also left my M3, . . . really hated to part with that one, . . . but didn't want to do Leavenworth.

I've had many handguns that I've parted with, including a couple Pythons, an Anaconda, Super Redhawk, XD 45, . . . now I have a little ATI 1911 commander, . . . and today it is my "comfort" gun. Sleep better knowing I've got it and my full size Rock Island.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Last edited by dwight55; 04-25-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    jimb1972, Slippy and bigwheel like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by budgetprepp-n View Post
    I have a question about the 1911, Does the mil spec full size 1911 9mm and a 45ACP have the same frame?
    If so can a 9mm be converted to 45ACP by switching a few parts?
    Talking Colts, you can. Requires switching barrel, link, ejector, extractor and magazine. All Colt barrels are the same diameter just the bore is different. Extractor and ejector need to match the caliber and 9mm mags have same dimensions with pressed rail to guide the smaller ammo.

All you guys who prefer other pistols than Colt 1911's are right! Do not get a Colt. You will be disappointed and you will help me in my dream of owning every Colt 1911 ever made.
    This is earthquake country and I'm prepping for the big one

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Actually, there were no 1911A1’s made for the government after 1945. By any maker.
    After Korea and Vietnam all were pretty worn out
    Ain't that what I said? I said the heyday of Remington Rand was 1942 or so. The Army .45 was a very tired, and worn out piece of junk, by the time that the Army went to Beretta. [I read somewhere, that the Army tested brand new Beretta's against those ancient .45's. Well that ain't fair!]

Anyway, with the slew of 1911 makers that are making them now, the old Army guns are little more than history. There are more 1911's produced now, than I ever dreamed would happen. I would love to have an Auto Ordnance for some strange, incomprehensible reason; I guess that I am an inveterate old school fart.

[Hidden Content

^Moonie^
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I LOVE my 1911's

BUT I am very intrigued by the 2011...

SAY WHAT Slippy? A 2011??? You done smokin' something today?

No Sir BobCatTail, I have been keeping my eye on the STI International Guns 2011 Platform Pistol. Sweet! A tad bit pricey but everyone needs a goal, right?

https://stiguns.com/
    https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...emons-pistols/
    Mighty cute. Thanks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links