Concealed Carry and Fights
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry and Fights within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Obviously you can't just fire on anyone during every situation. So what if you are involved in a physical altercation. A circumstance where you can't ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry and Fights

Obviously you can't just fire on anyone during every situation. So what if you are involved in a physical altercation. A circumstance where you can't defuse the situation and have no choice but to fight someone mono e mono.

At that moment your weapon becomes an impairment to the task at hand. Because your worrying about it, trying to guard it, or worrying you might lose it and the other person or someone with him might pick it up. At that moment you should be 100% invested in kicking azz, not distracted by your gun.

Just wondering what your approach is?
    RedLion and bigwheel like this.

If I don't go for a gun, then I will go for a knife; and if I don't go for a knife, I will go for my stick. I don't do mano a mano anymore, I am to old; and I would treat any attack as having deadly intent. I am 63, and if anyone attacks me, I will bloody them.

My gun is at home, and if anyone comes in on me, I will open fire, right into his chest. And whether he lives or dies, my fight is finished and my life is safe, that is what I care about.

Forgive my bluntness.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 03-19-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

What's that old proverb? If an old man decides he can't fight, he'll just kill you.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    What's that old proverb? If an old man decides he can't fight, he'll just kill you.
    This one will kill them, since I am fed up with punks.
    Here, I will go Chinese on ya-- wise man say-- stay outa my house, unless invited, or else--POW!
    StratMaster, Denton and Michael_Js like this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Yeah my fighting days are over. Sure love the smell of gun powder though.

In most situations I will swallow my pride and do what I can to defuse the situation, get away and otherwise avoid a fight. My knife and gun are for life and death situations.

Hit fast. Hit hard. Done and over with.
    C.L.Ripley, Camel923 and Denton like this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    In most situations I will swallow my pride and do what I can to defuse the situation, get away and otherwise avoid a fight. My knife and gun are for life and death situations.
    Me as well, and you're very wise to do so. I, however, must say I no longer have the buffer zone I had when young... I just don't have the physicality any more... or the wind. If someone seeks to put their hands on me, I am already deciding how many rounds they get. That's what makes an old guy dangerous... their choices and physical abilities have narrowed to the point that they may only have that one window to defend themselves.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

never go down with an unfired weapon - some famous mean SOB must have said something similar at one time ....
    RedLion, Denton and Michael_Js like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    never go down with an unfired weapon - some famous mean SOB must have said something similar at one time ....
    I should add something. If I did get into a physical altercation and my opponent found out about my firearm and went for it, I will take that as a threat to my life and seek to use said firearm in defense of my life. I usually carry two guns on me with my Taurus 738 .380 in my right from pocket.
    StratMaster, Denton and Michael_Js like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links