Concealed Carry and Fights - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Concealed Carry and Fights

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry and Fights within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I know there are folks here who pride themselves with sharp knives. I do carry a knife, a little two blade Swiss army job good ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry and Fights

I know there are folks here who pride themselves with sharp knives. I do carry a knife, a little two blade Swiss army job good for opening boxes and cleaning fingernails. No freaking way in hell I will let opec slip to allow those who chose to do me harm within knife fighting distance. Maybe its just me but from life experiences I tend to know when someone is about to do me harm. Last thing I grab for is a knife! If I'm not carrying different story, but that's few and far between.

I don't care what you say, if a knife cut doesn't hurt and you don't realize you're cut, it has little to no affect. Maybe the hard core knife guys are way more macho than me, but I doubt more committed to preserving life of themselves and loved ones. Better to be judged by twelve then carried by six.. shoot first and questions later.

OK.......flame me.....

Knife fights are a dirty business.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 03-19-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

I’ll chime in from a younger guys perspective.

If I had a gun and some hood rat attacked me...if I had time I would draw and command. If the command was ignored I would take out the threat.

You should measure everything. If a drunk guy attacks me I’m going to use fists. Done it before it’s an easy job.

So if you are capable of protecting yourself I would say measure the threat and use your best judgement.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

One shot to the family jewels defuses most situations in a hurry and if I did still carry, it's better for their health then 3 in the chest.

And I as well am getting to old to be wrassling with youngins anymore, so I may just default to the aforementioned.
    StratMaster likes this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    One shot to the family jewels............
    What happens when she doesn't have any?
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

The Good Cop

I am closing in on my 71st birthday.
    I would not engage anyone in a physical altercation, I would not engage anyone in a verbal altercation.

Florida law states that you must be in fear of your life, or serious bodily injury, before you may use deadly force.
    Florida law also gives extra protection to those people over 65 when it comes to being a victim of violence.
    So, if someone 20, or 30, or 40 comes at me in a threatening manner - say with his fists ready saying "I'm going to kick your ass" I'm just going to draw and shoot. Multiple times, because I was in fear of my life.

If any jerk goes road rage and gets out of his car and approaches mine at a red light, I will consider that a threat against my life as well.

Bottom line - I don't hang out in bars, I don't go places I should not.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

One shot to the family jewels defuses most situations in a hurry and if I did still carry, it's better for their health then 3 in the chest.

And I as well am getting to old to be wrassling with youngins anymore, so I may just default to the aforementioned.
    Better for the gene pool as well...
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

I don't see a situation where I am in an altercation that isn't one where the weapon isn't an option.

Early into my time as an MP, I realized the brain is the most effective weapon. A situation can be diffused if you separate your ego from it. On the other hand, I've found that it is easy to buy time by befuddling the enemy/opponent until a barrel is in his stupid face.

Remember, your mind is your best weapon. If you have a crazy-ass mind as I do, crazy-ass things will pour out of your mouth to either diffuse the situation or buy you valuable time. Even so, running scenarios through your head is important. It's best when a situation is the second time you've been there.
    StratMaster likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    What happens when she doesn't have any?
    I make it a point to not get in fist fights with women, but I will defend myself.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Super Moderator

I make it a point to not get in fist fights with women, but I will defend myself.
    I haven't looked for a fight in decades, and haven't been in one in a long time. One of the last times was when a woman, a crippled woman, told the judge, "Aw, Hell no, I ain't going to jail!" My uniform was torn up, but she found herself in a cell. The arresting officer's uniform was tattered afterward, too. I earned the ensuing cigarette!
    StratMaster likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by C.L.Ripley View Post
    At that moment your weapon becomes an impairment to the task at hand.
    I think a similar discussion was debated over at KimberTalk. I proffered what Massad Ayoob had written in the 1980s on the ruse of "fending." Here I would use a knife, but perhaps you might use a blunt weapon like a smaller size ASP to widen the distance between you and the attacker. The better conclusion here is that you now have ample room to draw your own pistol to a "speed rock" position to fire.

The "speed rock" is simply having your firearm clear leather, and the just rotating your wrist while tight to your body with the barrel turned slightly "up." Any shot from there would automatically go to the attacker's chest.
    Denton likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links