Second amendment sneak attack - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Second amendment sneak attack

This is a discussion on Second amendment sneak attack within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by ekim Has any agency done a long term study on pot use and if it leads to harder drugs in time? just ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Second amendment sneak attack

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    Has any agency done a long term study on pot use and if it leads to harder drugs in time? just asking.....
    While not every pot smoker will go on to harder drugs, I don't think you'll find one heroin addict that just decided one day to stick a needle in his arm for the heck of it.
    Just the same as not every alcohol drinker will go on to become a real alcoholic.

Studies HAVE shown, however, that regular pot use by teenagers retards mental development. Which would explain a lot about the current generation of young 'uns.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 12-20-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    ekim, Denton and Slippy like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

I've dealt with stoners and drunks. I'd much rather deal with a stoner. I'd really prefer neither drive. or handle firearms while under the influence, and that is the thing. My CCL is void if I am under the influence of alcohol. Pot should be handled in the same way.
    ekim, StratMaster and Smitty901 like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

We are finding that people who smoke pot are just as libel to have problems with COPD and cancer. They looked down on cigarettes for this, how long until pot is looked down on?
    Denton and ekim like this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gunn View Post
    We are finding that people who smoke pot are just as libel to have problems with COPD and cancer. They looked down on cigarettes for this, how long until pot is looked down on?
    They might be just as liable to have COPD and cancer as cigarette smokers but that has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.
    ekim likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    While not every pot smoker will go on to harder drugs, I don't think you'll find one heroin addict that just decided one day to stick a needle in his arm for the heck of it.
    Just the same as not every alcohol drinker will go on to become a real alcoholic.

Studies HAVE shown, however, that regular pot use by teenagers retards mental development. Which would explain a lot about the current generation of young 'uns.
    I worked with The HRC for a few years, and knew lots of heroin addicts who couldn't stand pot. There's certainly crossover, but they're really two different crowds with different drug agendas. Ditto meth. Fact is, the biggest gateway drug on the planet is alcohol, not pot, yet no one likes it pointed out. If you get high on alcohol, you are WAY more likely to smoke or use other drugs. And BEER is THE gateway drug to hard liquor... a dangerous, highly addictive, mind altering and impairing drug responsible for WAY WAY WAY more violence and driving homicides. I tried it a few times myself in the 70's and didn't like it... but I do like bourbon. Having used both, I can say with certainty that alcohol is as strong, addictive, and dangerous as most schedule II drugs... whereas pot is not. We have weed stores on every corner here in Oregon, and the sky didn't fall... business as usual. Ditto liquor stores. A lot of to-do and fuss for decades about nothing after all.

Super Moderator

This country is OVER medicated and people are addicted to legal prescription drugs, yet the government is worried about pot? Legalizing weed is just another form of control and the pot smokers don't even realize it.
    Denton and Slippy like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunn View Post
    Do you have any idea what this thread is about or are you smoking pot?
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    Do you have any idea what this thread is about or are you smoking pot?
    Good thing skimming is not indicative of smoking pot. If so, @Cricket would demand that I went in for a company urinalysis test.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    They don't seem to know that stoned people tend to be very mellow, unlike drunks, methheads, crackheads, cokeheads, etc. potheads are far less inclined to commit a crime with a gun.
    Stoned people do stupid stuff. They do not show good judgement . If you want to live a stoner life then leave the car and the guns to others. Yes I been around users most of my life so the it's good shit won't work on me.
    rice paddy daddy and ekim like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    During the first year of the Obama administration, Senator Feinstein wanted to bar any veteran with PTSD from owning firearms. I paid close attention.
    It going to be added to a defense bill.
    Senator John McCain shot it down.

Now they are getting sneakier. Starting a year or so ago, all of a sudden there's a big push for the VA to prescribe marijuana for PTSD.
    Coincidence? Or another attempt to disarm veterans?

Because of our lovely government, I never filed a claim with the VA for PTSD. I just didn't trust them. Still don't. And I damn sure wouldn't try to get a pot card.
    I have known some veterans that were put on the prohibited list for having a payee. I do not know about the VA in your area, but the VA in Minneasota is very clear in not supporting and not providing medical cannabis for any condition. It is fairly common for veterans to come to the VA Medical Center in Minneapolis looking for VA prescribed cannabis since MN allows medical cannabis, and are always disappointed.
    I do not have a problem with cannabis being legalized, but I do think that there should be some "body" overseeing the quality, safety and potency of the product. I also do not think that using cannabis should make a person a prohibited person in buying a gun, ever. Of course I am also a person that thinks anyone safe enough to be in the community and pay taxes should be able to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.
    ekim likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links