Storing guns to avoid "accidents" - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Storing guns to avoid "accidents"

This is a discussion on Storing guns to avoid "accidents" within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; [QUOTE=Prepared One;1872069] Originally Posted by hawgrider Nope I won't use one no thanks. - Enjoy the videos Agreed. Why add another step to an already ...

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree384Likes

Thread: Storing guns to avoid "accidents"

[QUOTE=Prepared One;1872069]
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Nope I won't use one no thanks. - Enjoy the videos

Agreed. Why add another step to an already stressful situation. Every weapon within my reach is loaded, chambered, with no safeties, including the shotguns.
    You live in Houston? I would recommend claymores deployed strategically around the property. The firearm I keep on my person is sufficient for now. If society begins to unravel, or I find myself living in Detroit, or Houston (not very damn likely) things will change accordingly.
    Prepared One and Michael_Js like this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

[QUOTE=hawgrider;1871943]Nope I won't use one no thanks. - Enjoy the videos

See, that's just wrong.

Y'all keep calling them bad guys but @RJAMES is correct. You should have to work hard at stopping them and shooting them is not right. Besides, gun are evil but it's one of the tools of their trade. They are just trying to make a living and have a right to take you out if you infringe on their right to have the job they choose.
    hawgrider and Michael_Js like this.

Let's see...

We keep a .357 revolver in plain sight on the dining room table at all times, loaded with .38 snakeshot. The last time we used it was about a month ago but it is not uncommon to need it (7 times in the last year).

I keep a .45 ACP in my nightstand table (loaded and chambered) and Mrs Inor keeps a 9mm in her nightstand table (loaded and chambered) ALWAYS.

We keep several other rifles and shotguns stored around the house (all loaded and chambered).

We live in the middle of nowhere and never know when the need for a firearm will come up. When it does, we NEED the firearm NOW, not 3 minutes from now. The latest was the day before yesterday when a bobcat was stalking our dogs. If we had kept all of our guns safely locked away (unloaded) in a safe, today I would be the proud owner of a dead dog instead of the owner of a bobcat pelt that is worth a few bucks.

IF YOUR KIDS ARE TOO DAMN STUPID TO BE TRUSTED AROUND LOADED FIREARMS, PUT THEM UP FOR ADOPTION!!! And then suck-start a shotgun for being a lousy parent.
    Last edited by Inor; 12-19-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Let's see...

We keep a .357 revolver in plain sight on the dining room table at all times, loaded with .38 snakeshot. The last time we used it was about a month ago but it is not uncommon to need it (7 times in the last year).

I keep a .45 ACP in my nightstand table (loaded and chambered) and Mrs Inor keeps a 9mm in her nightstand table (loaded and chambered) ALWAYS.

We keep several other rifles and shotguns stored around the house (all loaded and chambered).

We live in the middle of nowhere and never know when the need for a firearm will come up. When it does, we NEED the firearm NOW, not 3 minutes from now. The latest was the day before yesterday when a bobcat was stalking our dogs. If we had kept all of our guns safely locked away (unloaded) in a safe, today I would be the proud owner of a dead dog instead of the owner of a bobcat pelt that is worth a few bucks.

IF YOUR KIDS ARE TOO DAMN STUPID TO BE TRUSTED AROUND LOADED FIREARMS, PUT THEM UP FOR ADOPTION!!! And then suck-start a shotgun for being a lousy parent.
    Such a bee-u-tiful post! ^^^^^

Simply put...As it should be!...

(Tears in my eyes!)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Let's see...

Sorry, but that is just plain stupid.
    Kids are wild cards and it is pompous, arrogant and egotistical to say such crap.
    Yes. I got away with my tactic. My son didn't dare think about touching my 586. Wonderful, huh? What if he had one of those "kid" moments? There's a reason why kids aren't tried as adults.

Two things we are all for; we are all for no negligence and we are all for protecting kids.

Me? I'm not into those fingerprint box things. I'm into proper training of children, putting up firearms when other children are in the house, and height. Why height? Even the best trained kid is a wild card. You might want to talk black/white on the internet but in your heart you know I am right.
    jimb1972 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Yes. Lock up, register, remove guns for "the safety of the children".

Not the video I was looking for. But it'll work in a pinch.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    hawgrider and stevekozak like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by deserth3 View Post
    Yes. Lock up, register, remove guns for "the safety of the children".

Not the video I was looking for. But it'll work in a pinch.

Bet it doesn't.
    Screw videos. Tell me where I am wrong. If you can't explain responsibility, a stupid video won't cut it.
    jimb1972 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

So you won't take the word of someone who lived through it??
    Then there's no way anyone will convince you. The second amendment is written as it is for a reason.
    But when you're in your knees with your hands tied behind your back and a gun is out to your head. You're civil rights no longer mean anything.
    Nazis are not the only one who has said guns should be removed "for the children". Those words have been said by people in our own government. Be careful what you so easily dismiss.

Here is the long version of here speech.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post

Agreed. Why add another step to an already stressful situation. Every weapon within my reach is loaded, chambered, with no safeties, including the shotguns.
    Anything with a key, combination or fingerprint can become a huge obstacle when under extreme stress.
    Last edited by hawgrider; 12-20-2018 at 04:20 AM.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RJAMES View Post
    Here is anther case of improper storeage https://www.wxyz.com/father-charged-...n-in-roseville
    And countless people died this year from drugs. And what was done? nothing. We just passed a law that will let all the dealers go free. so what does it madder. Just a madder of you politics. Shot a cop go free . You do not care one bit it about the liberal anit gun agenda.
    Michael_Js, Slippy and stevekozak like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links