SCOTUS Case We have been waiting for? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SCOTUS Case We have been waiting for?

This is a discussion on SCOTUS Case We have been waiting for? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by MisterMills357 New York State hates guns, and the people that use them; and this will not stop until fines are levied against ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: SCOTUS Case We have been waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    New York State hates guns, and the people that use them; and this will not stop until fines are levied against the rule makers. And then they will stop, or be fined into the poor house.
    I think its more NY City, and outer lying high rent districts, that hate guns...

If the SCOTUS says a second amendment right is being violated in Hawaii/New York, will Hawaii ans New York, abide by it and allow, in this case of Hawaii Mr Young ie, someone to carry outside his house?

The SCOTUS has already agreed to hear this case, but the lefties (5 Senators) are trying to convince them not to hear the case. A good sign.

A handful of Democratic Senators signed onto an amicus curiae brief in New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. City of New York, defending New York City's blatant attack on the Second Amendment. For years, those who live in NYC could transport handguns, as long as it was to a few select gun ranges in the area. If you were a gun owner in NYC and wanted to take your firearm outside of city limits to a different gun range, that wasn't allowed.
    According to the group, the Supreme Court should not take up this case because the plaintiffs – gun rights advocates – are looking to "thwart gun safety legislation" and have the desire to "expand the Second Amendment." The other argument they make: the Second Amendment and gun control is a political issue and the Supreme Court is supposed to be impartial, not a legislative body.

Translation: gun control proponents have realized this is a lost cause and, if the Supreme Court decided in the case, this could expand gun rights, not restrict them. This case could and would, more than likely, build upon both Heller and McDonald, which protects a person's right to own a firearm in their home for self-protection.
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...asons-n2551633

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    The SCOTUS has already agreed to hear this case, but the lefties (5 Senators) are trying to convince them not to hear the case. A good sign.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...asons-n2551633
    Some serious threat if you ask me. The SCOTUS being told not to hear the case or be changed via the Senate. Wont happen, but, dag, how would the media react if the Pubs sent the SCOTUS a letter like this..
    RedLion likes this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Some serious threat if you ask me. The SCOTUS being told not to hear the case or be changed via the Senate. Wont happen, but, dag, how would the media react if the Pubs sent the SCOTUS a letter like this..
    The lefties are doing their usual. When all else fails, resort to threats and violence.
    Sasquatch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The SCOTUS is back in session. They are scheduled to hear oral arguments for New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn. v. City of New York starting on December 2nd.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/06/s...ses-2019-term/
    Prepared One likes this.

The OP says it’s the case we’ve been waiting for and I guess I don’t see it. If the court rules against gun owners you are as screwed as I am here in Ireland. If the court overturns the law, as it should, who will write the decision and what will it say? God forbid it’s 6-3 and Roberts the progressive lets sotomoyer write the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    The SCOTUS is back in session. They are scheduled to hear oral arguments for New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn. v. City of New York starting on December 2nd.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/06/s...ses-2019-term/
    Has anyone told RBG she died yet?
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    The OP says it’s the case we’ve been waiting for and I guess I don’t see it. If the court rules against gun owners you are as screwed as I am here in Ireland. If the court overturns the law, as it should, who will write the decision and what will it say? God forbid it’s 6-3 and Roberts the progressive lets sotomoyer write the decision.
    The court can not rule against gun owners. Why do you think that NYC already back-tracked? NYC will lose and the ruling in favor of gun owners could very well challenged "may issue" ccw law, hence the case we have been waiting for.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links