SCOTUS Case We have been waiting for? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SCOTUS Case We have been waiting for?

This is a discussion on SCOTUS Case We have been waiting for? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Old SF Guy Work in Government a few years....It'll make perfect sense because the idea is not to change the COnstitution right ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: SCOTUS Case We have been waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Work in Government a few years....It'll make perfect sense because the idea is not to change the COnstitution right away, but rather to dilute the legalities of being able to practice that freedom that they seek to achieve............
    The ink wasn't dry on that document before it started to get changed. And it's been happening for the past 229 years.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

A possible good sign that the SCOTUS make take it on for formal review.

We May Be About to See Justice Kavanaugh's Confirmation Take Effect

A challenge to New York's very restrictive gun control law, which has been denied cert (effectively, the Court is not hearing the appeal) has been "relisted." What does that mean?

A relist occurs when the Justices consider a petition at private conference but decline to act on it, redistributing it for the following conference. The practice is now an accepted feature of the certiorari process. “[A]t least one relist is generally viewed as a necessary step on the way to a grant of further review …. A relist remains an effective prerequisite to a grant of certiorari.”
    It may not result in cert, but we have at least some basis for hope.
    Clayton Cramer.: We May Be About to See Justice Kavanaugh's Confirmation Take Effect

https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/01/r...2/#more-278524

Roberts has become political and decided cases based on politics as we saw with his defense of Obamacare and can’t be trusted any longer and Kavanaugh is made of the same cloth I fear. When I read a post like this I’m reminded of when Ireland created a system for people to own handguns only to remove it a short time later. So few were registered they allowed them to be retained, but that’s another long convoluted case it just makes me think we believe there is now way the NY law stands only to find SCOTUS let’s it.
    Steve40th and RedLion like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    Roberts has become political and decided cases based on politics as we saw with his defense of Obamacare and can’t be trusted any longer and Kavanaugh is made of the same cloth I fear. When I read a post like this I’m reminded of when Ireland created a system for people to own handguns only to remove it a short time later. So few were registered they allowed them to be retained, but that’s another long convoluted case it just makes me think we believe there is now way the NY law stands only to find SCOTUS let’s it.
    Roberts voted in favor of Heller in 2008 and again in favor of McDonald in 2010 so his history would indicate that he does support the 2nd amendment. I am a bit more optimistic about Kavanaugh. And at least 4 Justices voted in favor of relisting the case mentioned, so at least Roberts and/or Kavanaugh voted positively.
    The 2nd amendment needs a win prior to 2020 and Trump needs it as well.

SCOTUS is going to hear the case with the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association as petitioner. This should be a slam dunk win for NYSRPA.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/...19zor_8759.pdf
    Last edited by RedLion; 01-22-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    Elvis likes this.

It appears that NY City is looking to change the law to concede to the plaintiffs. Quite clearly NY City is hoping that the SCOTUS no longer hears the case as it would likely lead to another landmark pro-2nd finding and expansion of gun rights not only in NY, but likely nationwide.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...%2012%2019.pdf

Im supposed to think about these folks who give away their rights...they say ok...and then submit... well I say...ok...do what you will...and when your will gets in my way...I will slay you......lets just agree to disagree and I will kill you when we cant find recourse..... wow ...its like that is it?

Good news folks. This has the makings of a win for the 2nd amendment this year. NY City tried to get the case throw out with their gesture to change and it got shot down. Good to see.

BREAKING: SCOTUS to City of New York – NYSR&PA v NYC Goes Forward
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-goes-forward/

Amicus brief submitted to the SCOTUS for this case.....Movement is good....

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...us%20Young.pdf

New York State hates guns, and the people that use them; and this will not stop until fines are levied against the rule makers. And then they will stop, or be fined into the poor house.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links