First purchase of a handgun in Calif delayed..... - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

First purchase of a handgun in Calif delayed.....

This is a discussion on First purchase of a handgun in Calif delayed..... within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by bigwheel Will dittos the theory of the expired marriedjomama card is the problem. A pal and I were discussing this issue today. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: First purchase of a handgun in Calif delayed.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Will dittos the theory of the expired marriedjomama card is the problem. A pal and I were discussing this issue today. He say thankfully its recreational these days. Too sad of a situation..but similar to how the VA works. Anybody who gets any good pschho meds from them can rest assured their second ammendment rights are gone.
    Yea, There's good incentive for a vet to get help if he needs it. Get help loose your gun.
    How many won't get help for fear of loosing there right to keep a gun? That's bull chit
    Taking your guns is like eating a whale,,,,,,One bite at a time

Having bought two handguns in CA including one from San Fransickos last gun store I don’t believe the MJ card is an issue. For a CCW impossibility in SF unless your name is Feinstein it would but for buying a gun it wouldn’t. I predict the OP has a common name and it will delay his ability to get a gun but if he was approved to carry for security he shouldn’t have a trouble with the background check for purchasing.

Appreciate all the feedback, thank you...10-11 will be the tenth day of waiting. Purchased it on 10/1...Called the shop today and the owner told me there was no update. I also called a few other shops around my area and they all said the same thing. AS LONG AS THE CARD IS NOT VALID/EXPIRED, YOU WILL BE FINE...Of course, they said when purchasing dont tell them directly of any usage etc which I didnt do initially. One of you stated there might be some Hillary supporter delaying for the hell of it and weirdly enough I wouldnt put it past them.
    Will update this as it goes along. Perhaps this might help another member going thru this and every bit of info can help us all.....
    bigwheel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rellgar View Post
    Why live in CA? You can always buy from a person and not a commercial buisiness or leave your protection in hands of the local LE. Good luck.
    The wife has a great union job and it would be hard to find another like that in a different state. Believe me, first chance I get we're out. Cost of living, rude people, traffic......And of course the politics......
    Rellgar, bigwheel and Sasquatch like this.

And when was the list time some stoned person committed a violent crime other than devouring an entire bag a Doritos in a malicious manor.
    Sasquatch and Marchosias like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Marchosias View Post
    The wife has a great union job and it would be hard to find another like that in a different state. Believe me, first chance I get we're out. Cost of living, rude people, traffic......And of course the politics......
    Don’t fret it took me twelve years to get out and that was after eight thinking I wouldn’t even try. Make a long term plan and stick to it, for one thing you can make good money while there somuse that to your advantage. Join a local sailing club there are dozens in the area and learn how to bug out of there quietly.
    Marchosias likes this.

Just a quick update...On day 22 and NOTHING....isnt California great? Initial buy date was Oct 1.......Three weeks and counting. Oh I did get a letter dated Oct 5 saying it was being delayed because THE DEPARTMENT HAS IDENTIFIED STATE/FEDERAL RECORDS MATCHING YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OR A STOLEN FIREARM RECORD THAT IF CONFIRMED WOULD PROHIBIT THE PURCHASE. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE PROHIBITION RECORD IS NOT YOURS AND MAY BELONG TO SOMEONE ELSE. IN THE EVENT WE CANT MAKE A DETERMINATION AFTER 30 DAYS THE DEALER CAN DELIVER THE FIREARM TO YOU AT THEIR DISCRETION..

3 weeks.....unfckng real.....Will update shortly.....

Update.......Still havent heard anything from Justice Dept regarding my handgun purchase. Purchase occured on Oct 1. According to the letter that was sent it has 30 days to make a determination..... If unable, then THE DEALER WILL BE NOTIFIED.
    This leaves alot of questions. What if they dont notify the dealer in a 'timely' manner? And it goes beyond the 30 day period...

Either way, I should know in two days time.....Can you imagine going thru this every time you wanted to purchase an item?

Their just running some test to make sure there's nothing in it that might cause cancer.
    Sasquatch and Marchosias like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    Their just running some test to make sure there's nothing in it that might cause cancer.
    That's funny to a Californian! Well done!
    Marchosias likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links