Oh, we just want to compromise on Gun Control
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Oh, we just want to compromise on Gun Control within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I can't take credit for this because I stole it off another thread over at the Orange site. But I thought it was important for ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Oh, we just want to compromise on Gun Control

Super Moderator

I can't take credit for this because I stole it off another thread over at the Orange site. But I thought it was important for everyone here to see as well.

Comedian Adam Carolla has made probably one of the best arguments why we should NEVER compromise with the Liberals on anything. If you don't know Adam he is a TV/radio host who also does stand up. You may remember him, many years ago, from The Man Show. He used to host that show with Jimmy Kimmel. Jimmy Kimmel has sold out and is now worth a fortune, Adam did not and is not worth a fortune. Don't worry he's doing pretty well with his career just not as well as Jimmy who sold his soul for the Liberal cause. Thankfully Adam went the route of Liberty.

To paraphrase Carolla, there was a time when you could smoke in restaurants. They are private property, and if the owner wanted to allow smoking, smoking was allowed. Then the government (liberals) decided smokers should be herded into their own area of a restaurant, the “smoking section.” So they went so smokers in the main dining room and said, “We’re going to need you to sit over here, in this side room You can smoke all you want, we just don’t want other people to smell it while they’re eating. You understand, right?”

Smokers, not wanting to cause a scene and knowing some non-smokers could be annoyed, happily complied.

Then the government comes back and says, “We’re going to need you to move to the bar area when you smoke. People are drinking there, and eating here, so it’d just be better if you moved over there.”

Smokers picked up their ashtrays, “Sure thing,” they said, and moved to the bar.

The government comes back and says they need smokers to step out front. “If you could just stand out front and smoke, that would be much better for everyone, OK? Don’t worry, there’s an awning and a heater, so you’ll be protected from the weather.”

Smokers picked up and moved outside.

“If you could move 50 feet from the door, that would be very helpful,” the government said next. “People smell smoke as they walk in the door and we don’t want that. Thanks.”

And now smokers are stuck down the block, wet and wondering how this happened. If someone had come up to them at first and said, “Hey, get down the street if you want to smoke,” it never would have happened, they wouldn’t have stood for it. But little by little, inch by inch, they moved because each move was small and seemed like a compromise.

Now smokers are never getting back inside, even if the owners of a bar or restaurant want them to. Their rights are gone, the private property rights of the owners are gone, and it was all done in the name of compromise.

There is no compromise with someone who doesn’t want you to exist, there is only incrementally losing ground until you no longer exist. A right diminished will never return, government does not cede back power once seized.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

There is no compromise with liberals, only surrender, one step at a time.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

That's the liberal play book. Keep nagging until they get what they want, baby steps.

Which is why we can't give an inch with guns.
    MountainGirl, 0rocky and Slippy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

At what point within a thousand cuts do we say no? Give not one more inch of ground.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Look all we are asking is you give up machine guns what is not reasonable about that. Oh and a 3 day waiting period come on what is the rush if it helps protect the children. No one rushes out to buy a new machine gun the day before a big hunting trip. We just asking for a few small concession to protect the children. It makes sense to any sane reasonable person, come on can't we all agree on this.
    Short answer NO.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The answer? voting is worthless, IMHO...revolution? They will systematically disarm people 1 block at a time, with no warnings, so there will be no way to defend ourselves or our neighbors. They out-gun us in all ways...what do we do? I wish I knew...If 3 MRAPS come down my block with 3 brigades of "police" soldiers, what will you realistically be able to do? Shoot your way out? Unless we ALL stand united, this will fail for us...even hiding firearms won't do any good because 1 or 2 won't mean anything against their army....it's sad to see, but I think we need a preemptive strike...We The People are more quickly being turned into sheep.

They are willing to kill innocents children for gun control, and lives of the non-elite don't mean anything...

Sorry for the defeatist attitude, and I'm not giving up, but...

Peace,
    Michael J.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
    The answer? voting is worthless, IMHO...revolution? They will systematically disarm people 1 block at a time, with no warnings, so there will be no way to defend ourselves or our neighbors. They out-gun us in all ways...what do we do? I wish I knew...If 3 MRAPS come down my block with 3 brigades of "police" soldiers, what will you realistically be able to do? Shoot your way out? Unless we ALL stand united, this will fail for us...even hiding firearms won't do any good because 1 or 2 won't mean anything against their army....it's sad to see, but I think we need a preemptive strike...We The People are more quickly being turned into sheep.

They are willing to kill innocents children for gun control, and lives of the non-elite don't mean anything...

Peace,
    Michael J.
    I agree with your sentiment, but.... Go jump on FakeBook and talk about your 'preemptive strike' and see how fast feds knock on your door. Hell, dont even need to go on FB. There's enough eyes right here right now. Stay safe.
    Michael_Js, 0rocky and Slippy like this.
    Ready. You?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    I agree with your sentiment, but.... Go jump on FakeBook and talk about your 'preemptive strike' and see how fast feds knock on your door. Hell, dont even need to go on FB. There's enough eyes right here right now. Stay safe.
    Yes, I agree...not sure how else to say it...and I don't belong to fakebook. it's enough to have google attachments let alone that horrible place...I like the Beatles: Revolution

Michael J.

Yes, I agree...not sure how else to say it...and I don't belong to fakebook. it's enough to have google attachments let alone that horrible place...I like the Beatles: Revolution

Michael J.
    Gun Confiscation Beta Tests Are Spreading Across the Country - Dave Hodges - The Common Sense Show

Peace,
    Michael J.

Super Moderator

Peace,
    Michael J.
    I understand where you're coming from but you must also figure into the equation the fact that there are a lot of LEO's that are 2A supporting patriots. That police army will shrink if it push ever comes to shove.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links