Systema Spetsnaz
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Systema Spetsnaz

This is a discussion on Systema Spetsnaz within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I think systema spetsnaz is the best self defense system around. Any thoughts?...

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Systema Spetsnaz

Game Over

Systema Spetsnaz

I think systema spetsnaz is the best self defense system around. Any thoughts?

Aikido first then I like Krav Maga (The Israeli stuff). Spetznaz is fun to watch, but it is kind of self destructive. Looking at some of the techniques you could trash some joints just practicing.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Game Over

All western special operations takes from eastern martial arts a little. I completely agree Krav Maga is amazing! Aikido is obviously great I don't know a special operations group not using it in some form or law enforcement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I lean more to 45 acp for close hand to hand combat.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

If you let someone get that close you done screwed up. No the best self defense is a good gun and the ability to use it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wild One View Post
    All western special operations takes from eastern martial arts a little. I completely agree Krav Maga is amazing! Aikido is obviously great I don't know a special operations group not using it in some form or law enforcement.
    What? The Army uses BJJ exclusively, the Rangers even fly out the Gracies every so often to beat up on them...no unit I have ever been in SOF or CF has ever used anything other than that.

If you get down to your pistol you're screwed anyway, much more so with a knife/hands.

sent from a paper cup and string via quantum wierdness
    A Watchman and Prepared One like this.

Game Over

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherSOFSurvivor View Post
    What? The Army uses BJJ exclusively, the Rangers even fly out the Gracies every so often to beat up on them...no unit I have ever been in SOF or CF has ever used anything other than that.

If you get down to your pistol you're screwed anyway, much more so with a knife/hands.

I've been around Russian special operations in Columbia. Bjj is from eastern martial arts and understood by all elite fighting forces. Yet I'm sure army rangers don't have the ability that spetsnaz has in hand to hand fighting except maybe on a US "reality" tv show. I'd trust a spetsnaz guy over an army ranger in a fight. Sorry bro they're better

Game Over

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    If you let someone get that close you done screwed up. No the best self defense is a good gun and the ability to use it.
    It's very common to get close when fighting even today. Except in a desert in many cases you'll have to kill with your knife or hands. A knife is good for stealth at night.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherSOFSurvivor View Post

Well I spent a few years in the Army. 11B. We taught to use the weapon with the longest stand off range when ever possible . Second use a weapon that did not give away your location when possible. Then crew serve then rifle then grenade( hand gun was not really consider much) . If you had to go man to man three of you jump on his ass and kick the shit out of him, with out delay. We really did not buy into that ninja stuff. Take them to the ground wire ties in place. 11b we really tried to keep things simple. I retired as 11Z5M got my own ass kicked a few times, few of them wished they had finished it when I came back.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Game Over

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Well I spent a few years in the Army. 11B. We taught to use the weapon with the longest stand off range when ever possible . Second use a weapon that did not give away your location when possible. Then crew serve then rifle then grenade( hand gun was not really consider much) . If you had to go man to man three of you jump on his ass and kick the shit out of him, with out delay. We really did not buy into that ninja stuff. Take them to the ground wire ties in place. 11b we really tried to keep things simple. I retired as 11Z5M got my own ass kicked a few times, few of them wished they had finished it when I came back.
    Everyone who fights gets beat as long as you're not dead hopefully you learned something. If you fight a more equally matched opponent you WILL kill people close up in combat especially in a jungle environment.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links