Ballistic face masks - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ballistic face masks

This is a discussion on Ballistic face masks within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Inconsistencies in reporting drive me up a tree. Armed with ak 47 one of the most powerful assault rifles. I don't think they were trained ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ballistic face masks

Inconsistencies in reporting drive me up a tree.
    Armed with ak 47 one of the most powerful assault rifles.

I don't think they were trained in firing because they were spraying and praying.

Next description is how many hits they scored.

This is a modular system the Army has been evaluating:

Revision Military | Head Systems

No helmet can protect the eyes and neck completely. A single bullet through the eyes or between them will kill a man wearing a helmet. They are for shrapnel protection.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin' View Post
    This is a modular system the Army has been evaluating:

Revision Military | Head Systems

Revision is a sponsor of mine. They sent us a bunch of stuff to review and it is great stuff so far..
    Check out my blog Hidden Content Also SurvivingTheBreaks on Facebook.. My radio show will be goin live next week on Hidden Content so be sure to listen out.

.44 mag at close range would still push that thing back with the force of a sledgehammer, and probably break most of the bones in your face and knock you out-meaning you’re dead anyway if they are that serious.

Don't get it because if you are shot with a .44 mag the force would still kill you? Am I the only one that sees the fallacy in this reasoning? What if you are shot in the face with a .22? A .380 or 9mm? How about shotgun pellets or buckshot? What if you a hit with a round fired from long distance and the bullet has loss most of it's velocity? Which are you more likely to be shot by, a .44 mag or one of the aforementioned firearms? How about the reasoning that they can shoot you through the eye holes so since it only covers 90% of your face it's not worth having?

These two complaints make little sense to me.
    Grim Reality likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsoyoung View Post
    Don't get it because if you are shot with a .44 mag the force would still kill you? Am I the only one that sees the fallacy in this reasoning? What if you are shot in the face with a .22? A .380 or 9mm? How about shotgun pellets or buckshot? What if you a hit with a round fired from long distance and the bullet has loss most of it's velocity? Which are you more likely to be shot by, a .44 mag or one of the aforementioned firearms? How about the reasoning that they can shoot you through the eye holes so since it only covers 90% of your face it's not worth having?

These two complaints make little sense to me.
    They mentioned the round, so I commented on it-and it wasn’t a complaint. If all I have is a .22 and see someone wearing one of those, Ill shoot at the throat or whatever exposed parts I see. Anyone making a long shot will most likely not be aiming at their head, at least I wouldn’t. Either way, by all means buy yourself one.

Looks like something made to be intimidating to scare peeps, But I'll take the Ballistic face shield, I'm sure there are some police department swat teams that will love it....
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

I don't know about these but the ones the US military are field testing are meant to prevent frag and shrapnel from hitting you in the face. They are also rated at a level III so they would stop handgun rounds but like most people have said, the blunt force alone would likely snap your neck or cause massive brain trama. Plus they are damn uncomfortable and prevent good sight alignment when trying to aim a rifle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PrepConsultant View Post
    Revision is a sponsor of mine. They sent us a bunch of stuff to review and it is great stuff so far..
    So I geuss it is only a matter of time until ejection sheilding comes in, good for one blast like russian anti tank protection.. a proctile is detected, on contact the shell will eject to counteract. The whole idea would be to launch a plate with enough energy to create equal and opposing force against the bullet. Reactive armour. That way it takes the concussion trauma away from the body and into the air.. now it is just a matter of inputing sensors and creating a projectile system that can launch plates a short distance .. TM. patent pending

the other option is to include the liquid body armour concept and tie in the force pathways into the full body rather than just the head area so force is projected throughout the body instead of just the head area. Since the effectiveness of a bullet is in part caused by the small area of attack, spreading the forces much like an armour weave through vibrations throughout a liquid system Allows the force to be rebounded, through creation of a rebound wall and liquid elasicity of the effected liquid composite meaning I'm the rubber and there is no glue whatever you shoot bounced off me back towards you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_advantage

This is applying the concept that energy = work .. so if you create the energy there will be work performed based upon the force, through chennling you can either focus that force or dissipate it. Ideal armour will generate force from stored energy to focus opposing force, while also taking the incoming directed force aka bullet and diffuse the energy, by focusing latent force or potential energy to the strongest point of force you can further minimize impact away from the body. This is reactive armour in that it not only absorbs incoming force but it creates outgoing force, and it can also rechannel the force that was the incoming force through refocusing the incoming diffused force.

example
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0039353

the key is to create angular movement of the force tangent so that it can be offset more than 90 degrees. ideal human body armour does not absorb force it redirects it away from the body in terms of projectile and shockwave, trauma channel.

Of course the reactive armour would be further enhanced by taking into account human body position to program the armour to create a channel that will effect a safe redirect to prevent secondary richochette contact.. and smart system will encorpotate battlefield awareness positioning to program reactive armour to direct to the least dangerous channel. The amount of force will also be able to be set to a specific number of likely outcomes based upon enemy arms and the characteristics of those arms.
    Last edited by Will2; 02-01-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links