Can You Really Fight Another Man??
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Can You Really Fight Another Man?? within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Something to ask yourself now...not when you are faced with fight or flee...can you REALLY stand up and fight hand to hand, with another man? ...

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Can You Really Fight Another Man??

Something to ask yourself now...not when you are faced with fight or flee...can you REALLY stand up and fight hand to hand, with another man? Studies show that over 90% of men will flee vs. fight if given the opportunity. This is bred into us through hundreds or actually thousands of generations of our ancestors so it is understandable that we feel the urge to run rather than get involved in a hand to hand situation. I urge you to find a local self-defense course ASAP and start the process of learning how to defend yourself and your family in the event of SHTF or just in the event that your have to fight to survive.
    C5GUY
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

Re: Can You Really Fight Another Man??

Good post most of the time its not the physical harm but the mental effects if you can get used to someone in your face you can then put up some defence rather than freeze

Banned

Tao of jeet kun do highly recommended. Mastery of the will is paramount.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I've was a scrappy kid all growing up. Where I was from it wasn't cool to be smart. Luckily I was tough too. I don't have a problem fighting anymore though I don't go out and look for it anymore either (thanks to my wife) lol. I've always been able to hold my own and I'm Irish so I'm not a particularly fair fighter anyway but I've never had any formal training which I would love to do. I'm just not sure if I should start with a basic self defense course or choose a martial art. If I do go ahead with choosing a martial arts style how do I make that choice? I'm a big guy if that makes a difference. 6'2" about 265lbs.

Awesome thread by the way.
    I will fight until my last breath. I will bleed every drop.

Sounds like your a big chap i would go for a modern ju-jutsu style like krav maga or checkout jim wagners videos on youtube with self defence you need some thing that fits your needs rather than a traditional art unless you want to learn something other than to take care of yourself and loved ones

Hello C5GUY, I must say that was some information brother. Dint know men choose to flee than fight. lol
    Glad I belong to the 10%, how about you?

I had always chose to flee rather than fight...I was small & lightweight but had a bit of grit to me. When I had to fight (ie:couldn't flee) I was 1 hellva dirty fighter & used leverage to my advantage. Made it so no one in their right mind wanted to mess with me & even made a good friend outta the one guy who wanted to kick my butt. Now I'm old (well, over 50) & out of shape, & need to start exercising so when SHTF I will better prepared physically. If the gun jams, I would like to be able to at least be able to run away
    oldmurph58 likes this.

In my almost 60 years on this old earth I have never been in a fair fight. The only desired results is to be the one that walks away when the fighting is over no matter what it takes to accomplish this result.
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

ZGF

Yes, I can. Especially if it's just unarmed combat, I'm not worried any more. I used to be scared shitless, convinced I had a glass jaw thanks to a heck of a lot of surgeries I've had on my face and skull. But, now I've been in some fistfights, and someone chucked a glass bottle at my face. And I'm just fine. I feel a lot stronger and braver now. Turns out, when I get in a fight I red out and go a bit nuts. Lucky I was raised a Quaker, eh? (Trying to train that out of myself, though.) Fiance used to get in fights all the time, doesn't really give a crap. Also helps that we're both big into weight-lifting, pretty strong, I think among our friends my fiance is the only one who could overpower me. So I'm not too worried about your Average Joe.
    Last edited by ZGF; 06-07-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Banned

In the US at least, any fight can become a gunfight in 1/2 second. Anywhere in the world, knives, table legs, bottles, etc can be brought into play in 1 second or less. The only reasons to fight hand to hand is if you are dealing with someone you dont want to have to shoot, or you have stupidly gone someplace unarmed.

I earned a black belt in karate while I was overseas in the army, but it is a very, very poor substitute for having a gun in your hand, and honest to god top-speed of hitting skill with that gun and effective ammo in its magazine.
    Last edited by preop; 06-07-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links