Can You Really Fight Another Man?? - Page 10
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can You Really Fight Another Man??

This is a discussion on Can You Really Fight Another Man?? within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I could tear somebody up with a pair of bear hands! provided they are not still attached to the bear....

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Can You Really Fight Another Man??

I could tear somebody up with a pair of bear hands! provided they are not still attached to the bear.
    retired guard likes this.

A lot of good stuff in here... I'm just gonna answer the question. "Yes"

I read the posts here and I have to say that at my age, I wouldn't be able to fight long enough to effectively defend myself. I would cross the street to prevent an incident. If that failed, I'd say I'm sorry, and beg forgiveness. Barring that, I'd have to defend myself and kill the guy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I am getting older and more and more broken by the day. Hopefully I can ride out my career without too many more bar brawls and combative suspects. I do know that District Attorneys and our Grand Jury have failed to indict when lethal force was used in an "non symmetrical" incident. The older I get,the more likely it is that if you pick a fight with me or my family you might find yourself with a .45 caliber void in your thoracic cavity. I saw the Grand Jury fail to indict when a man shot his daughter's lover in the keester as he jumped out of her bedroom window and when a store owner pumped 5 rounds into a jeep after it fled from a gas drive off. The driver barely survived. I'm never a fan of leaving my fate in anyone's hands but anything is better than a dirt nap.

Nothing wrong with keeping the Nikes tied tight and high stepping your way out of conflict. However, better be ready to throw down if necessary. I work out and train in basic MMA. Doesn't make me feel like a tough guy. Exact opposite. Makes me humble. I'm stronger than most. Better technique than some. But not all.
    jadm likes this.

This was a great read. I've been in only one fight as a teen and i did what most said, I hit hard, hit fast, and ran like hell. I'm not confrontational at all and back down quickly when things escalate. However, I now have kids and a wife and all that changes. I do carry a Leatherman Wave with me at all times just in case. I agree that running or avoiding is the best. I don't ever want to get into a fight. However, like many, if you back me into a corner or try to hurt my family it is on and I turn into that whacko crazy guy. I've almost crossed the line a few times on going all ape crazy. So I know I can do it if need be. But it freaks the hell out of me every time. Want to avoid that at all costs.

im going to have to say there is a certain art in talking your way out of a fight. over the past 10 years i have been fortunate enough to get away with only using my words... fortunatly no spelling was involved.

I'm too old to take a beating and too young to die. I carry a gun.

I don't mind standing and banging with another man . Always have when I need it to . That's before I got into martial arts 2 nd deg in taekwondo and 3 degree in combative hapikido but always true to we're I started street fighting. I'm still training 5 days a week banging and clanging.
    breakingcontact and jadm like this.

Can I really fight another man? YES and if the fight lasted longer then 8 to 10 seconds I would have to evaluate what I did wrong and make sure it doesnt happen again.

Doc
    jadm likes this.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links