Personal Defense?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Personal Defense?

This is a discussion on Personal Defense? within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I'm just wanting to know what others are doing to train and prep themselves when it's comes to hand to hand or defense against a ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Personal Defense?

Personal Defense?

I'm just wanting to know what others are doing to train and prep themselves when it's comes to hand to hand or defense against a weapon. What fighting styles are more popular? How often is anyone training in hand to hand? And methods of your conditioning.

What are people doing with knife fighting such as training and knowledge enhancement?

I personally believe most people would do better using the time to get their weight down and getting into shape before they consider hand to hand training. Most people who take some type of martial art or hand to hand combat training only take enough to give them a false sense of security. But yes if you are in good shape and have the time go ahead and take it. Just remember any one that is attacking you will probably be armed it is best to not trust anyone you don't know and keep at a distance and if the SHTF don't go out unarmed and preferably with other that are armed. I remember watching one show where a man was training his 10 year old daughter in self defense, where he should teach her to run, scream, scratch, throw things, anything to get away not have her have some false sense that she can fight off a man 3 times her weight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If you need hand to hand or a knife you already messed up and let them get to close.
    You get in that kind of a fight you already lost.
    Good physical condition at any age is a plus the better shape you in the longer you can run that few extra yards you can keep moving may save your life.
    PT everyday for life.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

shoot 'em,
    shotlady and Real Old Man like this.
    Not the way to treat you beloved ruler. Throw down your weapons or you die - Skeletor

9UC

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    If you need hand to hand or a knife you already messed up and let them get to close. You get in that kind of a fight you already lost.
    So true. I'm just to old to but up with the bull of hand to hand combat. I've said too much already.
    shotlady, inceptor and Jeep like this.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    Life Member: Vietnam Security Police Assn VSPA), DVA, VVA, VFW

shoot 'em
    Best form of self defense anyone could have. Get a CCW permit and train with your weapon.

Jae

Quote Originally Posted by -=TIECHIMAN=- View Post
    Best form of self defense anyone could have. Get a CCW permit and train with your weapon.
    Great tip i currently received mine and also invested in a good side arm and main AR... great investment.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

In self defense, distance is your friend. First layer, a nice bolt action rifle. Second layer, medium distance rifle. Third a handgun. In SHTF senario I ain't lookin' for trouble, I will avoid it at all costs.jmho
    CWOLDOJAX and Maine-Marine like this.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".-Benjamin Franklin-

Train with your firearms as much as you can. The more you train the better you will become. A person has got to know his or her limitations and perpare for what you good at.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links