Have Current Events Changed Your Weapons Carry Principles?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Have Current Events Changed Your Weapons Carry Principles? within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; For example, I am contemplating changing one of my long held tenants regarding Firearm Weapons Carry. In the past, I would surrender my carry weapon ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Have Current Events Changed Your Weapons Carry Principles?

For example, I am contemplating changing one of my long held tenants regarding Firearm Weapons Carry.

In the past, I would surrender my carry weapon to my wife or leave it secured in my vehicle if we were out to eat and I planned to have even one alcoholic beverage.

But lately, I am thinking that this might not be prudent, should a need arise to defend me or mine.

What say you?
    Michael_Js, KUSA, bigwheel and 1 others like this.
    Do, or, Do Not. There is no Try.

Super Moderator

Quit drinking in public and keep carrying. Do your drinking at home!

No changes for me - I carry everywhere...in WA state, a sign of "No firearms allowed" means nothing - unless caught, asked to leave, and you refuse.

I've sat in bars, eating, still carrying - I don't drink alcohol...

Unless there's a metal detector, I carry...Too many leftists, liberals, and demonrats in Western WA...and they free lots of criminals...

peace,
    Michael J.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Have Current Events Changed Your Weapons Carry Principles?-img_3114.jpg
    I'm carrying a P229 with a spare mag. The only way to improve that is to carry my AR also.
    Last edited by Buckman; 12-31-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    KUSA, Slippy, Notold63 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    For example, I am contemplating changing one of my long held tenants regarding Firearm Weapons Carry.

In the past, I would surrender my carry weapon to my wife or leave it secured in my vehicle if we were out to eat and I planned to have even one alcoholic beverage.

But lately, I am thinking that this might not be prudent, should a need arise to defend me or mine.

What say you?
    My suggestion based on the country's current turmoil, is to do what I do, don't drink, before or while you are out on the town.

Personal and family security should override the need for booze.

In this state you would loose your LTC if you left your gun in the car or was loaded and had a confrontation.

I want all of my wits about me at all times, no clouding with drugs or booze.

Split second judgement and action may be needed in an encounter.

I will never have any booze, I would be dead now if I was loaded on a Saturday night @ 2AM, 45 years ago.

Had about a 5 second window to make a decision.

Today when daughter and I go out to eat, we both carry, her a S&W 442 and or a 3913 smith on her, not in pocketbook.

At higher threat level places she carries her Glock 17 in her pocketbook with the 442 on her.

Myself, any combination of, Sig 228, Colt Commander, 3913 LS, S&W 642, S&W 1911, S&W Mod. 3 hammerless.

Sometimes two 1911's.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 12-31-2020 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling, grammar, added details
    Chiefster23, Slippy, Annie and 2 others like this.

Well, I don't drink unless my butt is firmly planted at home. Don't do the bars anymore so that's not much of a consideration for me. I have taken to carrying more weapons and magazines however. My carry gun plus extra mags and one extra in each truck plus spare ammo. Plus there is permanent gun in my tactical bag/briefcase that is always not more then a few steps from me while at work. All are 9MM to be consistent in ammo. On occasion if I am out and about in the city I will throw a 9MM carbine in the truck fro good measure.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 12-31-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    SOCOM42, Slippy, Annie and 3 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
    No changes for me - I carry everywhere...in WA state, a sign of "No firearms allowed" means nothing - unless caught, asked to leave, and you refuse.

I've sat in bars, eating, still carrying - I don't drink alcohol...

Unless there's a metal detector, I carry...Too many leftists, liberals, and demonrats in Western WA...and they free lots of criminals...

peace,
    Michael J.
    I am the same way, F'K the signs, nobody really pays any attention to me, an old grandpa type who hobbles with a cane, which is a .410 shotgun.

This too is a libtard state, with the same type assholes running the state and living in it.

I don't drink either, at anytime, plus I don't patronize bars, just a few restaurants that serve drinks.
    Slippy, Michael_Js and stevekozak like this.

Current events (china flu, civil unrest, etc.) haven't changed anything I do, but events over the last decade have. The massive influx of east and west coast fruitcakes into this area has really polarized the population. I don't need more guns because there are more fruitcakes but the chance of needing to use what I already carry has gone way up.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I am the same way, F'K the signs, nobody really pays any attention to me, an old grandpa type who hobbles with a cane, which is a .410 shotgun.

This too is a libtard state, with the same type assholes running the state and living in it.

I don't drink either, at anytime, plus I don't patronize bars, just a few restaurants that serve drinks.
    A 410 shotgun cane??? Got a link or identifying info? This sounds like something I definitely am interested in.
    Slippy, Michael_Js and stevekozak like this.

I never drink so not an issue. I have changed nothing due to current event.
    Slippy, Michael_Js and hardcore like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links