The modern "clueless" citizen. - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The modern "clueless" citizen.

This is a discussion on The modern "clueless" citizen. within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by inceptor That sounds interesting. Care to share? Assisted opening knives are legal in all 50, and the blade deploys just as fast ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: The modern "clueless" citizen.

  1. #21
    The Good Cop


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. Georgia / N.E. Florida
    Posts
    13,639
    Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    That sounds interesting. Care to share?
    Assisted opening knives are legal in all 50, and the blade deploys just as fast as an automatic.
    The Kriegar line of assisted opening stilettos are very inexpensive, but well made, and function properly. They are liner locks, one hand deploy, one hand fold up.
    Mine has the black wood handle, link here http://www.kennesawcutlery.com/Krieg...cket-Kni-44158
    Blade took some work to get good and sharp. A stiletto is a thruster, not a slasher, and doesn't really need to have real sharp edges.

    I bought a white faux pearl handle one for the wife.

    I'm a big customer of both Kennesaw Cutlery and Smoky Mountain Knife Works.
    Blades are very addictive to me.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  2. #22
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Horizon Bladeworks
    www.nicnac.net/index.html

    Automatic knives are legal in Florida. I don't know if your state is the same.
    Thanks. I have no idea if they are legal here or not but it's worth looking into.

  3. #23
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Assisted opening knives are legal in all 50, and the blade deploys just as fast as an automatic.
    The Kriegar line of assisted opening stilettos are very inexpensive, but well made, and function properly. They are liner locks, one hand deploy, one hand fold up.
    Mine has the black wood handle, link here http://www.kennesawcutlery.com/Krieg...cket-Kni-44158
    Blade took some work to get good and sharp. A stiletto is a thruster, not a slasher, and doesn't really need to have real sharp edges.

    I bought a white faux pearl handle one for the wife.

    I'm a big customer of both Kennesaw Cutlery and Smoky Mountain Knife Works.
    Blades are very addictive to me.
    Several of mine are assisted. I work them when they come in until they open quite easily. Normally they are a little stiff new.

    I have a stiletto that I took off of a guy in the early 70's. He said he would cut me up. Instead he took a whoopin and I took the knife. I still have that one.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Fire Land
    Posts
    8,042
    Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    Several of mine are assisted. I work them when they come in until they open quite easily. Normally they are a little stiff new.

    I have a stiletto that I took off of a guy in the early 70's. He said he would cut me up. Instead he took a whoopin and I took the knife. I still have that one.
    That is the perfect knife in my book! A free knife that comes with a story...

    I have a few fairly expensive knives but my absolute favorite is a little assisted open Kershaw that I picked up on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco about 10 years ago. I had not been to SFO for a while and did not realize how badly the city had decayed in my absence. I picked it up because I wanted something more than the jack knife that I usually carry when traveling on business. That one has become my goto knife for castrating bulls. The blade is absolutely the perfect shape for the task. It does not hold an edge as well as some of my better knives but who cares? I just carry a small oilstone in my pocket and clean the blade up every 5 or 6 calves and it is perfect.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

    Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

  6. #25
    The Good Cop


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. Georgia / N.E. Florida
    Posts
    13,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    That is the perfect knife in my book! A free knife that comes with a story...

    I have a few fairly expensive knives but my absolute favorite is a little assisted open Kershaw that I picked up on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco about 10 years ago. I had not been to SFO for a while and did not realize how badly the city had decayed in my absence. I picked it up because I wanted something more than the jack knife that I usually carry when traveling on business. That one has become my goto knife for castrating bulls. The blade is absolutely the perfect shape for the task. It does not hold an edge as well as some of my better knives but who cares? I just carry a small oilstone in my pocket and clean the blade up every 5 or 6 calves and it is perfect.
    Mmmm!! I've had good ol' Georgia deep fried hog nuts, do you eat the bull nuts?
    Hog nuts are small and tender, taste kinda like beef liver.
    Inor likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  7. #26
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Fire Land
    Posts
    8,042
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Mmmm!! I've had good ol' Georgia deep fried hog nuts, do you eat the bull nuts?
    Hog nuts are small and tender, taste kinda like beef liver.
    The balls and ears are for the dogs. They definitely earn it. One good dog is worth 3 cowboys. Plus, the dogs usually do not show up drunk.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

    Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

  8. #27
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,331
    Ahhh, I see you mentioned my buddies and knife entrepreneurs, that would be Joyce and Nick. If they don't have it for you it also means their Italian supplier doesn't have it either. It's a family business with them as the husband has been sick. But Joyce knows where every knife or ice-pick is located in their inventory, and she gets products sent to you within a few days, not a few months.

    You can call them at 828-884-4302.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  9. #28
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    7,847
    I don't want or need tacto-cool stuff.

    I have had an Uncle Henry Scharde, Buck 110, or Bucklite in my pocket since about 7th grade. Good folders, and I can grab them quick. Sort of like being naked without one.
    hawgrider likes this.

  10. #29
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    That sounds interesting. Care to share?
    No problem. But I did use two sources. CRKT advertises in the A.G.Russell catalog.

    The knife discussed is a CRKT G-10 "Tuna Folder," no kidding. You can find it on Page 23 of the Late Fall 2020 A.G. Russell Knives catalog. Personally I think the 44 dollar price was an abject steal. Heck, some cutlers charge that much just for the sheath!

    The nomenclature is quite basic. It's a drop-point folder whose blade is 8Cr14MoV stainless with a working strength of 58-60 Rc. Yes, I suppose some clutz broke a knife with that pedigree, but I don't know him. I like to use good, solid basic folders, and I've never even chipped a folder like this. The decorative front grip is olive drab G-10 with a solid stainless steel obverse side with a factory added pocket clip.

    If you work in your jeans sooner or later you'll ding up your knife and probably send it to guys like me for a repair. But a tune up on a 44 dollar knife is lot easier to digest than a fancy-schmancy ego folder costing 200 dollars plus shipping.

    Mine is in the mail, and we service what we buy, as well. Essentially you should buy what you work in...
    Last edited by The Tourist; 09-19-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    inceptor likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  11. #30
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    State Of Chaos!
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    My problem is that I live in Wisconsin. Law enforcement insists that you only use the right modicum of force.

    Now I ask you, just what "modicum" should I use if attacked by three bangers? Well, welcome to Wisconsin!

    This is no joke, if you're the victor you almost have to provide info that you were originally the victim.
    Modicum = 9mm instead of .44 Mag.
    "The Duty Of A True Patriot Is To Protect His Country From Its Government"
    ~Thomas Paine~

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top