best machete for self defense - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

best machete for self defense

This is a discussion on best machete for self defense within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I lost my cane knife decades ago, I'd like to find another. And a kukri, I need one of those too....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: best machete for self defense

The Good Cop

I lost my cane knife decades ago, I'd like to find another.
    And a kukri, I need one of those too.
    Denton likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

i just checked out the Tramontina website.
    The blade thickness listed for their version of a cane knife is 1.4mm.
    I have a commercial cane knife, probably by the same manufacturer, and the blade is very thin, but I have no idea what 1.4mm equals in fractions of an inch.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    i just checked out the Tramontina website.
    The blade thickness listed for their version of a cane knife is 1.4mm.
    I have a commercial cane knife, probably by the same manufacturer, and the blade is very thin, but I have no idea what 1.4mm equals in fractions of an inch.
    That is very thin, 0.055", less than 1/16 0.0625", about 1/18".
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Kershaw Camp 10. Perfect size for carry or hiding under seat in truck. Nice rubber handle.

https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/camp-10

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Kershaw Camp 10. Perfect size for carry or hiding under seat in truck. Nice rubber handle.
    I'm glad you added this feature. The discussion mentions a "cane knife," which is a tool needed for continual use.

My question is can a tool designed for "harvesting" be flexible enough for camping chores?
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
    Technically, I always bring a knife to a gunfight--I have since about 1964.

I was a reader for Tactical Magazine back when men were men and sheep were nervous. Those stories always portrayed at one guy who put six rounds into his brand new Detonics, and never fired it or carried a reload.

My job at that stage was that of a 'credit manager.' I was in charge of the company cash and had to take money to the bank. I got permission from my boss to carry a small .45 ACP Detonics and a spare magazine on the job. I later went for the newer Colt Defender, although it was called something else in the mid-1980s.

Edit: Oh, it just came to me! At that time the little Colt was called "The Officers ACP." Great little pistol, never had a stoppage.
    Last edited by The Tourist; 09-28-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Best defensive machete hands down is the Indo/Malay golok. Made of spring steel, balanced for very quick chopping motions, they’ve developed martial art techniques around this tool.

https://s1.bukalapak.com/img/1163888...uk_30_JULI.jpg

Here’s a video clip:

https://youtu.be/CJmYKV0BtG0

These techniques are usable with any short machete. The best I’ve seen are the 12” and 13” Tramontinas, the Ontario’s 12” Cutlass Machete and Martindales” Paratrooper Machete. They’re available between $20 and $60. Just Google it.
    Last edited by Almighty; 11-02-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I lost my cane knife decades ago, I'd like to find another.
    And a kukri, I need one of those too.
    If you could find one of these. I think they went out of production awhile back
    Sword gun 1580 production year
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best machete for self defense-sword-gun.jpg  

New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Guys, did you ever notice that when professional ball players try to "check their swing" some of them go to far and get called for a 'strike' by an umpire. My point is that even the professionals make mistakes.

If I am to carry a edged tool I use folders in the 9-inch variety--that is, a four inch blade and a five inch handle. Blade training taught me one valuable lesson, speed is everything. There is no second place winner in a knife fight.

I would rather be armed with a three inch, slip joint folder than a Bowie knife. A large gleaming blade is breath-taking in a movie, not much in real life.

Yeah, yeah, I've heard and seen Bagwell Bowies...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links