How would you protect yourself if a mob comes to protest at your home - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How would you protect yourself if a mob comes to protest at your home

This is a discussion on How would you protect yourself if a mob comes to protest at your home within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by stevekozak Ever heard of the Castle Doctrine? I think that might be a law. Personally, I don't want to shoot another human ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: How would you protect yourself if a mob comes to protest at your home

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Ever heard of the Castle Doctrine? I think that might be a law.
    Personally, I don't want to shoot another human being. I don't want to hurt anyone else. I don't care who they are.

There are two types of people who look forward to shooting another man. Those who have never done it and don't understand the aftermath, and those who have done it before and look forward to the next opportunity. Either way, they bother me.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Personally, I don't want to shoot another human being. I don't want to hurt anyone else. I don't care who they are.

There are two types of people who look forward to shooting another man. Those who have never done it and don't understand the aftermath, and those who have done it before and look forward to the next opportunity. Either way, they bother me.
    Same here. Shooting folks generates way too much paperwork..legal expenses...a need to have a pre planned bug out location in case the alleged perp aint a straight white adult male Christian etc. The Black Panthers still have a dead or alive reward out for poor old Officer Wilson up in Missouri. Hope he took my good advice and moved to Nocona, TX.

I have several 20# fire extinguishers, when one of them puffs their vape pen I will shout fire and hose them down if the cops haven't cleared them out already.
    bigwheel, stevekozak and Smitty901 like this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I would fix myself a Peanut butter and ketchup sandwich, drink two beers and a glass of milk. Then I would walk up to the leader and throw up all over him/her
    Slippy likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    They cried the same thing when my state went to 'shall issue'. Prior to that the local constabulary had final say over acquire and carry permits. So if the sheriff didn't like you because you dumped his cousin in high school 40 years ago, you didn't get a permit. Now, as long as you meet all the legal hurdles, the permit must be issued.
    Florida was the first state with Shall Issue, thanks to Marion Hammer of the NRA, back in 1989.
    Castle Doctrine was gradually changed from your house itself, to your property outside your house, and finally everywhere you are legally allowed to carry. No "duty to retreat."
    The NRA got all that for us, that's why I support them.
    Annie, Smitty901, inceptor and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Amen!
    In the 1980's I struggled my part in the war and did a personal Bible search to see what God had to say about killing and warfare.
    That, plus time, plus some counselling, enabled me to find peace.

That said, I know also that God is OK with self defense, and I will defend myself and my family, if it comes to that.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I was hoping for a poll on this topic.
    I was going to pick "belt fed".

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

If they were trespassing and appeared to be violent, I'd have my wife call the police and say she was fearful for her life, I'd either let the dogs loose or I'd introduce them to the devastation a Mossberg 590M loaded with twenty rounds of #4 buck can wreak on a group of people.
    Slippy likes this.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

“Everything's fine today… that is our illusion.” – Voltaire

One cannot appreciate the light until you have seen the darkness

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Amen!
    In the 1980's I struggled my part in the war and did a personal Bible search to see what God had to say about killing and warfare.
    That, plus time, plus some counselling, enabled me to find peace.

That said, I know also that God is OK with self defense, and I will defend myself and my family, if it comes to that.
    Pretty much my stance really, all kidding aside. The police will deal with em in the street, if it's me and mine, then that's another matter. Their right to protest ends at my yard and I will insure they know the price that will be paid should they make the mistake of trespass.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 08-11-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    Annie, inceptor, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I have several 20# fire extinguishers, when one of them puffs their vape pen I will shout fire and hose them down if the cops haven't cleared them out already.
    A guy I used to work with managed to take a knife away from a crazy guy by blasting him with a dry powder fire extinguisher. Very effecrtive tool.
    Annie, inceptor, phrogman and 1 others like this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links