Axe Attack, How Would You Defend Against This? [Graphic] - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Axe Attack, How Would You Defend Against This? [Graphic]

This is a discussion on Axe Attack, How Would You Defend Against This? [Graphic] within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; The minute someone walks into the mini mart with an axe is going to set off my warning bells like the Vatican choosing a new ...

Poll: Would You B e Willing To Kill The Attacker, To Stop The Attack?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Axe Attack, How Would You Defend Against This? [Graphic]

The minute someone walks into the mini mart with an axe is going to set off my warning bells like the Vatican choosing a new Pope.
    Apparently that guy didn't see the danger and the gal never saw the danger.
    At close range, a punch in the throat that he would not survive. If I had the distance and time, a can of soup, bottle of beer or wine thrown to the head should be enough to throw him off balance long enough to disarm or disable him. There is a legal difference here, at close range I am in immediate danger and deadly force is warranted, at a distance it could be argued that I had other options other than deadly force. I surely don't want to go to prison for killing someone that wears is sisters clothes and makeup.
    Camel923, Annie and 0rocky like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    OK, but I respectfully disagree, I would go for the carotid.
    Too small a target for me. You see, my hands would be shaking. While I too believe this was a "cross dresser," that guy was darn serious. A head shot might knock him down, and then I'd probably do a whole lotta sloppy, body shots.

At that point, I'd ask Rice Paddy Daddy to take the Kimber from me so I could lie down...
    stevekozak likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

If I am not the oblivious idiot that got attacked and am in backnof the store in the US, I draw and yell drop it. If not I shoot. Perhaps I looked at @MisterMills357 question different than intended.
    Last edited by Camel923; 02-10-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    MisterMills357 likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I can't say what I MIGHT do in this situation but I can tell you what I DID do in a similar situation.

Was travelling on business and woke up early to go for a walk. Exited the hotel parking lot wearing gym shorts, tee shirt and carrying my S&W MP 380.

Had a route mapped out the night before and the neighborhood seemed safe. About a mile into my walk from across the street 2 thugs were hanging out and saw me. One got up and started to walk across the street, asking me if I had a few bucks I could spare. I immediately reached for my firearm, removed it from the holster and held it 2 handed close to my sternum in a ready position. The entire time I was yelling "STAY BACK, STAY THE EFF BACK.

The 2 Thugs paused for a moment then turned and walked swiftly away behind a building across the street. I also retreated the way I came, back toward the hotel and it wasn't until I got to my room that I started to shake a little and had to sit down for a moment, my heart was leaping out my chest.

After assessing the situation from my hotel room, I realized I was ready and willing to defend myself. I ain't going to lie to y'all but after the fact I was a bit unsteady at the quickness and ease of which I pulled my firearm against a known potential attacker.

Training pays off. (God Bless The Range at Slippy Lodge!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I can't say what I MIGHT do in this situation but I can tell you what I DID do in a similar situation.

Was travelling on business and woke up early to go for a walk. Exited the hotel parking lot wearing gym shorts, tee shirt and carrying my S&W MP 380.

Had a route mapped out the night before and the neighborhood seemed safe. About a mile into my walk from across the street 2 thugs were hanging out and saw me. One got up and started to walk across the street, asking me if I had a few bucks I could spare. I immediately reached for my firearm, removed it from the holster and held it 2 handed close to my sternum in a ready position. The entire time I was yelling "STAY BACK, STAY THE EFF BACK.

The 2 Thugs paused for a moment then turned and walked swiftly away behind a building across the street. I also retreated the way I came, back toward the hotel and it wasn't until I got to my room that I started to shake a little and had to sit down for a moment, my heart was leaping out my chest.

After assessing the situation from my hotel room, I realized I was ready and willing to defend myself. I ain't going to lie to y'all but after the fact I was a bit unsteady at the quickness and ease of which I pulled my firearm against a known potential attacker.

Training pays off. (God Bless The Range at Slippy Lodge!)
    I've been in a similar situation, as I recall I didn't give it a moments thought, it was just instinct, and just the same as Slippy, the trembling hands didn't start until after I was clear of the situation and had a chance to process what just went down.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

If I had been behind the counter, . . . and had seen it come in, . . . the ax would have gone out the way it came in.

Had I not seen the ax, . . . when it started swinging the thing, . . . weapon would have been drawn, . . . and shots would have gone down range, . . . pronto.

As a customer, . . . just seeing that thing in there would have given me reason to exit stage left, . . . with at least one eye on it as I move to the door.

Nut cases are out there, . . . just avoid them.

Long story: ran into one couple days ago outside Wally world, . . . just kept going, . . . got out of his AO, . . . no problem for "me" that day, . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Slippy, stevekozak, Annie and 2 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Best defense against crazy is to not engage crazy. I find this works with women as well.....
    Slippy, Boss Dog and Mad Trapper like this.

If you have a visible weapon in your hand, I'm going to have one in mine.
    These people were oblivious.

Distance is your friend. That man got waaay too close. Put obstacles between you and the potential threat, and get out when you can.
    In a world where we are being told we can't judge people, we are creating people who lack the ability to discern threats.
    Last edited by Kauboy; 02-10-2019 at 07:11 PM. Reason: typos
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Wow. Lizzie Borden walks right in, and nobody takes notice. A person comes into my space with an ax, a machete, a kitchen knife, or a crowbar I am instantly AWAKE. I am not trusting enough apparently to assume there's a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why someone is carrying an AX into the store.
    This is exactly right. Some freak who can't decide on their sex comes in carrying an axe? Why would you even let them get close enough to you to use it, let alone turn your back to them?

This is exactly what "tolerance and co-exist" gets you...
    Last edited by NewRiverGeorge; 02-11-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    1 Peter 2:24 KJV
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The problem with the poll is the question is written in a way that assumes a response is coming from someone who is NOT one of the two people attacked. In no way were either of the victims capable of preventing harm simply due to 1. he probably thought it was a joke & was way too close to begin with and 2. she never paid any attention. If anyone else in the store saw this from a distance, I doubt they'd have time to actually react, draw, and effectively put any shots on target.

The only way you could have stopped the guy from getting whacked is to shoot 'it' before the axe went back. In order to do so, you'd already have drawn and aimed. And you'd be criminally liable right out of the gate. Could you have stopped the woman from getting blind-sided? Maybe.... if you were exceedingly well trained in the deployment of a handgun and in one of a few 'ideal' locations relative to the attack. Otherwise, you'd have probably missed and either shot the victim or punched a couple holes in the ice cream freezer or a parked car.

The best most of us here could have done is attempt to detain the assailant using your piece. And unless you yourself are attacked, you'd better keep your finger off the trigger.
    Annie likes this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links