Axe Attack, How Would You Defend Against This? [Graphic] - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Axe Attack, How Would You Defend Against This? [Graphic]

This is a discussion on Axe Attack, How Would You Defend Against This? [Graphic] within the Hand to Hand Combat and Self Defense forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by MisterMills357 Something like that is unforeseeable, it does no occur to people that there really are psycho axe killers out there. OK, ...

Poll: Would You B e Willing To Kill The Attacker, To Stop The Attack?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Axe Attack, How Would You Defend Against This? [Graphic]

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    Something like that is unforeseeable, it does no occur to people that there really are psycho axe killers out there. OK, you maintained distance, then what? Would you shoot him/it?
    I would do everything within my power, to take the axe away, that is my thinking. And when the cops showed up, I would explain myself some, and tell them to review the tape.

And, yes, I would expect to be arrested, if I killed that bastard.
    As long as you maintain distance, you're relatively safe. If I had any reservations, I'd retreat further, draw my carry weapon and be ready. That alone may be enough to keep me safe. If 'it' came at me, yeah, I'd open fire. Self-defense, pure and simple.. And yes, I'd probably be arrested as well. And like you, I'd let the store's security camera exonerate me

Maybe the criminal charges would be dropped after the DA reviews the video, but I'm sure the family will sue civilly. They always do. That's why one buys carry insurance.
    MisterMills357 likes this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    So from the beginning I managed to put myself in the shoes of the guy who started out having a conversation with it. If I were him, I would have definitely seen it coming and expected the worst outcome and I would have left immediately.

If I were to be blindsided by that, and had enough wits about me, of course I would shoot until the threat was gone.

But, just seeing someone in the store like that, you bet I would just get the hell out as fast as I could
    OK. Me personally, my thinking is not about escape, it is about neutralizing a self-evident lunatic. Maybe thumbing it in the eye, would have worked, I don't know.

My first idea would be to go for throat, BUT, I surely would not have engaged in conversation. That was a stupid thing to do, and I am sure that the man was taught to do that.
    Because, that is so stupid, that it must have been thought up by psychologists, and then taught in schools. Just look at how that worked out, that guy will be scarred for life.
    Shakespeare is being attacked in the universities now, which proves that the learned & the cognoscenti are bumbling oafs.
    Hamlet and King Lear are two of the best works of literature in the Western canon; and A Midnight Summers Dream is an hilarious work, full of silliness.
    Raise your children on those works, reading and watching them, if you want super smart kids.

The problem was recognition and getting away before anything happens, then dropping your guard so the ax weilder gets the first blow in. I believe even a knuckle sandwich to protect yourself will result in jail time in the UK. While I votes kill the bastard you would have to be prepared to charge in an instant or jump back and draw before your struck with that ax. These people were not mentally ready to defend themselves or avoid conflict. The best victory in a fight is avoiding it IMHO.
    SGG and MisterMills357 like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    The problem was recognition and getting away before anything happens, then dropping your guard so the ax weilder gets the first blow in. I believe even a knuckle sandwich to protect yourself will result in jail time in the UK. While I votes kill the bastard you would have to be prepared to charge in an instant or jump back and draw before your struck with that ax. These people were not mentally ready to defend themselves or avoid conflict. The best victory in a fight is avoiding it IMHO.
    Transfer your thinking from the UK, to the US and put yourself in a Circle K or Seven Eleven. The axe maniac has taken a swing at the idiot that is talking to him, what would you do?
    That is my question. And what about Americans, have they been conditioned to avoid danger at all costs? I would say they have. And that is the wrong answer here.
    Violent confrontation is the right answer.
    Shakespeare is being attacked in the universities now, which proves that the learned & the cognoscenti are bumbling oafs.
    Hamlet and King Lear are two of the best works of literature in the Western canon; and A Midnight Summers Dream is an hilarious work, full of silliness.
    Raise your children on those works, reading and watching them, if you want super smart kids.

Wow. Lizzie Borden walks right in, and nobody takes notice. A person comes into my space with an ax, a machete, a kitchen knife, or a crowbar I am instantly AWAKE. I am not trusting enough apparently to assume there's a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why someone is carrying an AX into the store.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

UK? I thought gun control was supposed to take care of this problem of violence...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47159808
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Wow. Lizzie Borden walks right in, and nobody takes notice. A person comes into my space with an ax, a machete, a kitchen knife, or a crowbar I am instantly AWAKE. I am not trusting enough apparently to assume there's a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why someone is carrying an AX into the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    UK? I thought gun control was supposed to take care of this problem of violence...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47159808
    Yeah, if I see a would-be Lizzie Borden with an axe, my alarm bells will go off. And I would like to say that Britain has become a nation of idiots and savages.
    StratMaster likes this.

No question about it, "distance" is your friend. No knife is going to be effective against a determined aggressor with a long handled weapon.

Sorry, but I would take a head shot or two. This is where a Crimson Trace is the ideal weapon, with me two aisles away.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    No question about it, "distance" is your friend. No knife is going to be effective against a determined aggressor with a long handled weapon.

Sorry, but I would take a head shot or two. This is where a Crimson Trace is the ideal weapon, with me two aisles away.
    OK, but I respectfully disagree, I would go for the carotid.
    dwight55 and Marica like this.

Bang Flop
    MisterMills357 and dwight55 like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links