Pretty good site. Check it out!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Pretty good site. Check it out! within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; https://www.numbersusa.com/...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Pretty good site. Check it out!

The Good Cop

Somebody else click on it first.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Not it!!
    Denton likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I clicked. I'm stupid that way. It is legit.

I'm just burned out on the immigration discussion. I don't care what someone's opinion on fixing it is, as those who are in charge aren't interested in fixing it.

My concern is how it will impact my survival and what preparations I need to make. As is already clear, I see this mess as yet another way to send us spiraling into chaos.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Not it!!
    Mish!!! Good to see you!!!!
    rice paddy daddy and Mish like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Educating Americans on the problems of uncontrolled immigration and offering solutions for sensible immigration reform....

lots of info...
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I clicked. I'm stupid that way.
    Good god man!! You're living on the wild side!!
    Denton likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I clicked. I'm stupid that way. It is legit.

I'm just burned out on the immigration discussion. I don't care what someone's opinion on fixing it is, as those who are in charge aren't interested in fixing it.

My concern is how it will impact my survival and what preparations I need to make. As is already clear, I see this mess as yet another way to send us spiraling into chaos.

Denton is a badass! F*** the rules he says.....
    Mish, omegabrock and Denton like this.

I wonder how immigration reform worked during the early days of mankind? Back in the old days, it was pretty brutal, I suspect.

I believe that most of us would break any law regarding immigration relating to ourselves or our loved ones, if we felt that it was either a life or death, or quality of life question. I've lived in Honduras, way back when it was far more safer than it is today, and it was still a craphole. I've seen kids scrapping through the garbage dump at Palmerola AB and to be honest, I can't blame anyone who breaks the rules trying to find a safer, better life.

It seems like all immigration arguments devolve into a "us against them" argument. We ("us") already have it made, and the "thems" are just trying to horn in on the good stuff we worked so hard for. It sorta sounds like the some of the folks who either had a good idea or two and made fortunes off those ideas (and yes, they probably worked pretty hard to make those ideas work to fruition) and those that inherit large amounts of wealth. They really don't want the rest of us to have the things that they have, because they are special in some way that the rest of us aren't. There is such a concept of financial migration too. How many of you work hard, and I mean work hard everyday, and barely get by, while the large company and top officers get rich?

Not every immigrant (legal or otherwise) is going to work hard, try to get an education, and be an asset to our society. But neither are many American citizens. Most immigrants want the same things we want, to be free of oppression, to live their lives in relative safety, and to have an opportunity to improve their economic station in life for themselves and their children. Not really different from what most of us want, is it?

We are the country that we are, in a large part of because we are an immigrant nation. We need to put the "English only" and other idiotic prejudices behind us, and find a way to unite us once again. We should be smart enough now to find a way to absorb immigrants who are doing what is only natural, with some compassion to those who truly only want to emulate us. What other country in the world has this problem on our scale? We are the gold standard of countries people want to come to.
    "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

Thomas Jefferson

Super Moderator

But it needs to be put in a larger context. For this issue is about more than whether the Chamber of Commerce gets amnesty for its members who have been exploiting cheap illegal labor.

The real issue: Will America remain one nation, or are we are on the road to Balkanization and the breakup of America into ethnic enclaves? For, as Ronald Reagan said, a nation that cannot control its borders isn't really a nation anymore.

In Federalist No. 2, John Jay wrote,

"Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people -- a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs ... "

He called Americans a "band of brethren, united to each other by the strongest ties." The republic of the founders for whom Jay spoke did not give a fig for diversity. They cherished our unity, commonality, and sameness of ancestry, culture, faith and traditions.

We were not a nation of immigrants in 1789.

They came later. From 1845-1849, the Irish fleeing the famine. From 1890-1920, the Germans. Then the Italians, Poles, Jews and other Eastern Europeans. Then, immigration was suspended in 1924.

From 1925 to 1965, the children and grandchildren of those immigrants were assimilated, Americanized. In strong public schools, they were taught our language, literature and history, and celebrated our holidays and heroes. We endured together through the Depression and sacrificed together in World War II and the Cold War.

/-Snip-/

But we are no longer that "band of brethren." We are no longer one unique people "descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion."

We are from every continent and country. Nearly 4 in 10 Americans trace their ancestry to Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are a multiracial, multilingual, multicultural society in a world where countless countries are being torn apart over race, religion and roots.

We no longer speak the same language, worship the same God, honor the same heroes or share the same holidays. Christmas and Easter have been privatized. Columbus is reviled. Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee are out of the pantheon. Cesar Chavez is in.

Our politics have become poisonous. Our political parties are at each other's throats.

Christianity is in decline. Traditional churches are sundering over moral issues like abortion and same-sex marriage. Islam is surging.

Our society seems to be disintegrating. Over 40 percent of all births now are illegitimate. Among Hispanics, the figure is 52 percent. Among African-Americans, 73 percent.

And among children born to single moms, the drug use rate and the dropout rate, the crime rate and the incarceration rate, are many times higher than among children born to married parents.

If a country is a land of defined and defended borders, within which resides a people of a common ancestry, history, language, faith, culture and traditions, in what sense are we Americans one nation and one people today?

Neocons say we are a new kind of nation, an ideological nation erected upon a written Constitution and Bill of Rights.

But equality, democracy and diversity are not mentioned in the Constitution. As for what our founding documents mean, even the Supreme Court does not agree.

More and more, 21st-century America seems to meet rather well Metternich's depiction of Italy -- "a geographic expression."

Balkanization Beckons - Pat Buchanan - Page 2

I'm sure those who believe the nation's pillars should be knocked off their foundations will give much attention to this, but it is offered.
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links