Light's out literally
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Light's out literally

This is a discussion on Light's out literally within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hello all - I haven't been around for about a month since I tore down half of my house for a remodel project. I moved ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Go2ndAmend
  • 5 Post By bigdogbuc
  • 1 Post By Inor
  • 3 Post By SquirrelBait
  • 2 Post By dutch16

Thread: Light's out literally

Light's out literally

Hello all - I haven't been around for about a month since I tore down half of my house for a remodel project. I moved the family (4 small kids and wife) into the barn for a few months. We have no internet/tv and it has been great! Hope all well with everyone and hope to be back in a house by winter.
    dutch16 and longrider like this.

9UC

Best of luck with it, I've done three live in while remodeling over the years. Don't plan on doing it again.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    Life Member: Vietnam Security Police Assn VSPA), DVA, VVA, VFW

Let us know how the project goes! Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Go2ndAmend View Post
    Hello all - I haven't been around for about a month since I tore down half of my house for a remodel project. I moved the family (4 small kids and wife) into the barn for a few months. We have no internet/tv and it has been great! Hope all well with everyone and hope to be back in a house by winter.
    My kids would be all too comfortable in a barn. Apparently that is where think they were born! See what I did there? Yes, I laugh at my own jokes.

I'm considering cancelling TV. It's ridiculously expensive and I'm getting to the point where they watch too damn much of it. My wife is the catch in that plan though...
    Inor, MrsInor, paraquack and 2 others like this.

We have not had T.V. (beyond the 2 or 3 local channels that do not come in very well anyway) in over 20 years. We have not missed it a bit. When we went on the trip to The Gathering, I noticed I missed the internet for about the first 12 hours, then not at all either. But since I make my living with the internet, it will not be going away any time soon.
    bigdogbuc likes this.

I don't own a TV. There is nothing on worth watching.

I will go to a friend's house once in a while to check shows out if I hear enough about it. My friend thinks that's pretty cool as it turns him on to something new too. Other wise it's a waste of time and money.
    Inor, bigdogbuc and longrider like this.
    Life time member: DAV, AMVETS, School of hard knocks.

The squirrels are watching... >_>

wife dosent really watch tv, i only have it on for something to watch not cos there is anything interesting on(having said that am watching "The 100" on Saturdays), most of the stuff on is repeats and I've seen them all before.
    British Survivalist.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbuc View Post
    My kids would be all too comfortable in a barn. Apparently that is where think they were born! See what I did there? Yes, I laugh at my own jokes.

I'm considering cancelling TV. It's ridiculously expensive and I'm getting to the point where they watch too damn much of it. My wife is the catch in that plan though...
    I know what you mean. We have (?) cable channels, and the amount that's worth watching just doesn't justify the expense.
    bigdogbuc and longrider like this.

I don't have TV for 2 years now, nor do I have the 'net which I do miss. I'm gonna have that re-connected for the winter. I miss you guys too much without it. Getting to the library, then trying not to laugh at you guys, so I don't get kicked out, is not that easy. As for TV, I'd have it disconnected and just have a few select "kid friendly" movies for them, for a treat. Same for you and the Mrs. As for living in a barn; well, with 2 horses, I almost do. It will be an adventure that you all will remember fondly in about 15 years and will get through just fine until then.

Good luck on the remodel!

I think lights out would be the least of my problems.
    British Survivalist.

Sponsored Links