How to run out of food stamps before the end of the month - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to run out of food stamps before the end of the month

This is a discussion on How to run out of food stamps before the end of the month within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by unclefred I believe the overwhelming number of SNAP recipients are not welfare queens but people in temporary dire circumstance. In fact, of ...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: How to run out of food stamps before the end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by unclefred View Post
    I believe the overwhelming number of SNAP recipients are not welfare queens but people in temporary dire circumstance. In fact, of people eligible to receive them only 65% percent have enrolled at this point. The recession left a lot of people destitute across the country. Prior to the obama recession only 42% of the eligible participated.

I found it scandalous that here in Oregon that there is a large number of working families being being paid so poorly that they qualify for SNAP. SNAP is one of the most fiscally responsible agencies we have going.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/snap-i...-and-efficient

I don't consider that a progressive point of view, but a humanitarian view,

Oregon you say ..... well, we all know about drinking the water in Oregon, huh?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

I like Robie's idea of a food stamps store. Also, I know I've shared this lady here before, but I love her (rip) and she's the best for people with too much month at the end of the money. She should be required viewing for anyone on food stamps.

If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I like Robie's idea of a food stamps store. Also, I know I've shared this lady here before, but I love her (rip) and she's the best for people with too much month at the end of the money. She should be required viewing for anyone on food stamps.

I am thinking hot sausage or jalapeno sausage instead of hotdogs, But, hotdogs will do as well. Perhaps a little home made cornbread. Poorman's meal my ass, a meal truly fit for a king.
    Annie likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by unclefred View Post
    That's interesting, I hadn't thought of that so I did a search-

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-sol...n-food-stamps/
    CBS got their numbers wrong. My Private E1 salary qoute of $19, 198.00 came from a military website. CBS quoted a yearly $18, 300.00 salary(can we say MSM fact finding). That is an $898.00 difference that could disqualify a soldier. Now don't get me wrong If a soldiers family needs the extra food they should get it but what numbers are not figured into this is that a soldier with dependents will get a food allowance of over $200.00. Yes they are paid to buy food.

I'm not going to stop there. A soldier also gets a housing allowance of probably close to or more than $1000.00 and if a soldier is separated from his family they get a Family Separation Allowance to offset some of the costs associated. So you get your base pay and your allowances. If a soldier is single they will live in the barracks and eat at the mess hall. Soldiers do not have it that bad!

When I went active duty Army Guard (AGR) as an E5, I instantly received all active duty benefits. When I finally received my Staff Sergeant rank/E6 I was making around $60,000.00 give or take and to those that think that is chump change here in Michigan especially Northern Michigan that's a significant wage. I certainly did not qualify for food stamps.
    unclefred likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post

Annie, I have seen this video before on YouTube. She is an awesome cook.
    Annie and TG like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

It was a few years back now. But when I was a e2 married living on base I was bringing home about $1200 every two weeks. That was more than enough as I didn’t have any rent to pay. $600 and your only real Bill is food? Cell phone? I didn’t need a car I worked less than a mile from where I live. And the Mrs. was a stay at home. I had much more money then when I was still in the service as a post what I have now. Circumstances change I understand but I think I was paid fairly well and was always able to afford my food.

Did not include the pay for my overseas work. Which I believe put me over 2K every two weeks. Did I mention a sign on bonus?

Just because you’re in the service does not mean you’re not a dick wad with your cash.... Believe it or not I knew quite a few morons would often blow a lot of money on beer and cigarettes on payday not to mention other indulgences that are often found near the base. Just sayin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Augason Potatoe Flakes.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	64641 Name:  50 pound potato.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  48.5 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold Medal.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	64657
    Maybe she ain't heard the news, but tater flakes and fresh taters, really stretch a dollar. The flakes cost more than the fresh, but they sure are convenient. I love them, and I can't say enough good things about Gold Medal Self Rising flour; it is good stuff. I make biscuit with it now and then, and I will bet that she can't bake biscuits. Too bad, her family would love her for it.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 12-22-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    TG and A Watchman like this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    CBS got their numbers wrong. My Private E1 salary qoute of $19, 198.00 came from a military website. CBS quoted a yearly $18, 300.00 salary(can we say MSM fact finding). That is an $898.00 difference that could disqualify a soldier. Now don't get me wrong If a soldiers family needs the extra food they should get it but what numbers are not figured into this is that a soldier with dependents will get a food allowance of over $200.00. Yes they are paid to buy food.

I'm not going to stop there. A soldier also gets a housing allowance of probably close to or more than $1000.00 and if a soldier is separated from his family they get a Family Separation Allowance to offset some of the costs associated. So you get your base pay and your allowances. If a soldier is single they will live in the barracks and eat at the mess hall. Soldiers do not have it that bad!

When I went active duty Army Guard (AGR) as an E5, I instantly received all active duty benefits. When I finally received my Staff Sergeant rank/E6 I was making around $60,000.00 give or take and to those that think that is chump change here in Michigan especially Northern Michigan that's a significant wage. I certainly did not qualify for food stamps.
    Yeah, I think that was the figure from 2014 or so. I doubt any soldier of rank would qualify, maybe if he had 12 kids.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Oregon you say ..... well, we all know about drinking the water in Oregon, huh?
    I think that's Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    No, my objective first hand experience refutes your second hand liberal bias.
    Don't call me names salt sucker.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links