How to run out of food stamps before the end of the month - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to run out of food stamps before the end of the month

This is a discussion on How to run out of food stamps before the end of the month within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Jammer Six I bet some of you change your tune and start making exceptions when (well, actually, if) you figure out the ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: How to run out of food stamps before the end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    I bet some of you change your tune and start making exceptions when (well, actually, if) you figure out the highest rank in our military that is eligible for food stamps.
    I did not qualify for food stamps while on unemployment...so... I'll say it again...if you milk the system you get assistance. If you need it for a very short term you don't get it...Not anecdotal I know this from first hand experience...So your statement means nothing to me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Well, there you go, then.

If serving in the army doesn't make the grade for you guys, I can let this discussion go. We'll just disagree, whether you agree to it or not,
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

I bet some of you change your tune and start making exceptions when (well, actually, if) you figure out the highest rank in our military that is eligible for food stamps.
    So your saying the highest rank can get food stamps? I think you been smoking some of that liberal cocaine. Maybe the lowest can qualify or at least used to qualify.

Private E1 makes basic pay of $19,198.80 a year. 2nd LT makes $36,417.60 a year. Your welfare cut off probably depends on each state. Once again I am going to say that I believe most on here do not have a problem giving help to those that need it. It is those that make a career out of living welfare and stroke it for every ounce that they have a problem with. So does your liberal ___ saying that everyone should have welfare? Who is going to work to provide it? The big corporations bringing in the illegal aliens to work it?
    soyer38301 and Sasquatch like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Well, there you go, then.

If serving in the army doesn't make the grade for you guys, I can let this discussion go. We'll just disagree, whether you agree to it or not,
    Stop avoiding coward.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Of all of you who are so quick to judge and think you know how to "solve" charity problems, I bet there isn't a single one of you who would be willing to switch places with anyone drawing food stamps. I know for an absolute fact that I wouldn't switch places with any of them, and if they can draw some kind of illusion of temporary comfort from a bag of chips or even a pack of cigarettes, I for one welcome them to it. It's got to hurt to be them.

They're fooling themselves. I know it, you know it. But that isn't what's broken, and no one here has any answers for how to fix what's broken in another human being and get them back on the rails. if you did, you'd be the second coming, and I'd expect real miracles from you.

Everything I've read here is to make you feel better, not to solve unemployment or chronic welfare, and certainly not to help anyone except perhaps yourselves, and the help for you is just to help you feel better. To me, it all sounds like welfare and food stamps hurts your feelings, and that's pretty funny coming from a bunch of folks who regularly deride others as "snowflakes" and ridicule them for expressing feelings.

Finally, there is no goal line. There is no set of circumstances where most of you would say "okay, that's enough, they're now entitled to welfare."

There would never be "enough" for most of you, you will always begrudge those living in poverty any help.

It doesn't look good on you.
    Did you miss tje part whete I said we should hand out some beatings?

Quote Originally Posted by unclefred View Post
    I believe the overwhelming number of SNAP recipients are not welfare queens but people in temporary dire circumstance. In fact, of people eligible to receive them only 65% percent have enrolled at this point. The recession left a lot of people destitute across the country. Prior to the obama recession only 42% of the eligible participated.

I found it scandalous that here in Oregon that there is a large number of working families being being paid so poorly that they qualify for SNAP. SNAP is one of the most fiscally responsible agencies we have going.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/snap-i...-and-efficient

I don't consider that a progressive point of view, but a humanitarian view,
    You believe wrong. I have administrated the program before. I know who is in the system. In the time I dealt with it, i became convinced that less than 10% of the people getting the benefits had any real need for them oyher than them wanting to sit obpn their fat asses and not work.
    Chiefster23 and A Watchman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    You believe wrong. I have administrated the program before. I know who is in the system. In the time I dealt with it, i became convinced that less than 10% of the people getting the benefits had any real need for them oyher than them wanting to sit obpn their fat asses and not work.
    The objective data refutes your subjective opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Unclefred. The key words in your post are “temporary dire circumstance”. How do you account for the folks on welfare for decades, a lifetime, or even for generations as the children imitate the mother (usually because there is no father to be found)?
    Of course, there are those people. But they just a slice of people that receive the benefits. But I agree that those people are a waste. The number of people getting help correlates directly with the rate of unemployment and economic recession. when it improves they drop out. Even illegals, many of them at least, don't apply for SNAP probably because they are keeping their heads down.and the black market.

I'm sure living in large cities you see a lot of them but it's the working poor, especially in rural areas that get legitimate help.
    Last edited by unclefred; 12-21-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    So your saying the highest rank can get food stamps? I think you been smoking some of that liberal cocaine. Maybe the lowest can qualify or at least used to qualify.

Private E1 makes basic pay of $19,198.80 a year. 2nd LT makes $36,417.60 a year. Your welfare cut off probably depends on each state. Once again I am going to say that I believe most on here do not have a problem giving help to those that need it. It is those that make a career out of living welfare and stroke it for every ounce that they have a problem with. So does your liberal ___ saying that everyone should have welfare? Who is going to work to provide it? The big corporations bringing in the illegal aliens to work it?
    That's interesting, I hadn't thought of that so I did a search-

What these critics may not realize is that the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is also increasingly relied upon by members of the U.S. armed forces, with patrons of military commissaries using food stamps to purchase $103.6 million worth of groceries in fiscal 2013.

That's a 5 percent rise from 2012, and almost double the $52.9 million spent in 2009. That's a faster pace of growth than the general population, since overall SNAP spending rose just 51 percent from 2009 through 2013, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

One reason for jump in food-stamp usage among soldiers could be the relatively low pay awarded to junior members of the military, with the least experienced active duty soldiers bringing home a little over $18,300 per year. That would qualify a soldier living in a two-person household for food stamps.

But another significant issue facing military families is a relatively high unemployment rate for spouses, with female spouses between the ages of 18 to 24 suffering from a 30 percent unemployment rate, according to a February study published by the Institute for Veterans and Military Families. That’s almost three times higher than their civilian cohorts, the study found.
    Still, pressure on soldiers’ grocery budgets may only increase. The Pentagon is considering increasing prices at the commissaries, one option that would keep the stores open, the Military Times reported earlier this month. The Department of Defense had earlier considered closing the stores.

At the same time, food costs are on the rise for both military and civilian families, with chicken prices jumping 18.4 percent since 2011 and ground beef now 16.8 percent higher.

While grocery prices are jumping, median income is growing by only 1 percent a year. At the same time, the food-stamp program will start phasing in cuts signed into law earlier this month. More than $8.7 billion in SNAP benefits will be cut over the next decade.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-sol...n-food-stamps/

Quote Originally Posted by unclefred View Post
    The objective data refutes your subjective opinion.
    No, my objective first hand experience refutes your second hand liberal bias.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links