Dealing with stupid people
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Dealing with stupid people within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Ok so at my second camp(firefighter camp) I realized very fast that 90% of the returning campers were beyond stupid, so I couldn't reason with ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Dealing with stupid people

Ok so at my second camp(firefighter camp) I realized very fast that 90% of the returning campers were beyond stupid, so I couldn't reason with them using brains. First problem I ran into was not being liked(didn't care I wasn't there to make friends)or accepted. Now the reason I'm posting about this is there are people like this everywhere. They are very hard to get along with and talk to/communicate with. I quickly found my self at the top of the $h!t list with these people. Most of whom didn't pay attention and didn't know how to do the task at hand when given to us. I found it very hard to get anything done with these people in my group. Not only do to the fact that they were stupid and didn't pay attention, but also not being liked by them. Now in a real life setting being liked and accepted is a part of effective team work. My question for you guys is how do you get along with stupid people? How do you leader them, and how do you be lead by them? I found myself in all of these situations and found it to be very hard and I couldn't come up with answer at camp. Now I'm still young and dumb here I sure you guys out there have ran into the same problem, so anything thing will be more then helpful.

Maybe, just maybe they are thinking the same way about you...just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
    Maybe, just maybe they are thinking the same way about you...just saying.
    This is very true, but when a kid says a girl has a sinkhole on her head and gets pissed when he's told its an indention and not a sinkhole and what the difference is... well he's stupid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Good Luck.The Best You Can Hope For Is The Opportunity To Avoid Stupid People.
    omegabrock and Innkeeper like this.

nightshade

You don't have to educate them. you are their peer. you may have come across as a know it all to that 90% you speak of. instead of correcting them give them an alternative. if there is a good thing in what they say make a fusion of all your ideas. by subtly directing in this way you show your leaders that you can lead...impress your superiors and try to help your peers, but do so in a humble, friendly way...joke with them and be serious with your own learning..if someone asks you help explain/show them the proper way.
    Innkeeper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter72 View Post
    ..My question for you guys is how do you get along with stupid people?..
    If we let stupid people into our group we'd be as stupid as they are!
    And by stupid I don't mean IQ level, I mean sloppy, disorganised, argumentative, disruptive pain in asses who are a threat to the survival of the group. Heck, Forrest Gump proved anybody can be a great soldier, he can be in my group anytime..

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump
    "The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him"- Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527)
    "Bad company corrupts good character" (Bible:1 Corinthians 15:33)
    "The main thing in life is to be surrounded by good men" -Fieldmarshal Friedrich von Paulus
    "He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Bible: Proverbs 13:20)
    “Associate yourself with men of good quality,for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company"- George Washington
    Last edited by Lucky Jim; 06-26-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    Innkeeper and MrFord like this.

I was not saying anything negative about you, believe me when I say I have heard a lot of "uneducated" things as a medic and ER Tech. I just try to think of them as uninformed or uneducated in some things and I always tried to help them to learn and understand. I am always learning new things each and every day and I hope that I never stop learning...JM2C
    firefighter72 and Innkeeper like this.

What about in everyday life though? For me it'd be school but for most of you guys it'd be work how do you get along with them there?

Just be polite to them in a neutral way, being neither friendly nor unfriendly towards them.
    But if you work alongside them in construction or handling heavy machinery watch your back or they'll kill you..

PS- even worse are the psychos who'll deliberately try to kill or maim you, we had a kid like that at school, he "accidentally" jammed a red-hot poker in my face in metalwork class, and another time he swung on the soccer goalposts and "accidentally" dislodged the crossbar on my head..
    Last edited by Lucky Jim; 06-26-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    Innkeeper likes this.

from one fire fighter to another, we are not known for being the smartest bunch, even look at pump controls, they are so simple I have seen people still not get it
    firefighter72 and Innkeeper like this.
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

•  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links