How to convince my girlfriend I'm not crazy - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to convince my girlfriend I'm not crazy

This is a discussion on How to convince my girlfriend I'm not crazy within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I share your miser, bro. My wife swings hot and cold on the subject....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How to convince my girlfriend I'm not crazy

I share your miser, bro. My wife swings hot and cold on the subject.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    I dunno, you got a picture of your girlfriend?
    Yes, by providing a photo, we can help you determine if she is even worth trying to convince, or even keep.

Seriously though, I wouldn't even say anything to her. Just do your own thing. Don't try to hide it but don't talk about it. I think it is really hard to convince people that prepping is justified. People just eventually get it on their own, unfortunately it often takes a disaster of some sort to wake them up. Even after going thru a disaster people still don't prep lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cgilbert View Post
    Every time I start in on what I need to do/buy this week for my preps she says that I have lost my mind and I'm "wasting my money"..
    Print out these pics and stick them to the fridge door to remind her it's best to get stuff in NOW while we still can, rather than wait til after it hits the fan like this..

Last edited by Lucky Jim; 06-25-2014 at 12:15 PM.
    mcangus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    Print out these pics and stick them to the fridge door to remind her it's best to get stuff in NOW while we still can, rather than after it hits the fan..
    LOL yes! What website did you get these from?

I don't know if this helps, but I will share a secret. As a paramedic I've seen lots of terrible things that happen to people from illness to large aircraft mid air explosions. prior to August 2005, I sat back in my easy chair and watch the news casts of the terrible events in the world unfold in front of me on the TV and thought how bad for those poor people. If only their government was as good as ours is. I knew in my heart that if I was involved in such a disaster, the government would be there to take care of me and my family and friends. By the end of August 2005 I had a wake up call. I saw the hand writing on the wall. Seeing what happened to the people of New Orleans taught me that we are only numbers to the government. They don't care about us individually. We are only a number, soon to be a statistic on some computer report. Because they don't personally know us, they could care less if we live or die. I for one will not be a statistic on some DC idiot's computer printout if I can help it.
    Everyone will someday have an epiphany and know they must prepare for a disaster. Unfortunately, most of them will not realize the need until a few seconds after the SHTF event. Hurricane Katrina and the wonderful job done by the government to abate the human suffering caused by the hurricane that was forecast 5 days ahead of time to be a BAD one was my wake up call. I jumped out of bed and got started. Now under the reign of his Royal Hiney Obumer, where people are not only expendable in a disaster but used for political cannon fodder, I fear for the safety of this country and its citizenry.
    GTGallop likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by cgilbert View Post
    Every time I start in on what I need to do/buy this week for my preps she says that I have lost my mind and I'm "wasting my money". Does anybody else have this problem or are you lucky enough to have one that doesn't have her head up her butt and see the road this country is heading down? Lol
    Hey cgilbert,

Couldn't resist the obvious operative word, so don't take it personal. And, the obvious operative word is....drumroll please...GIRLFRIEND. Not WIFE. Not even FIANCE. Big damn difference in Slippy's world.

I would be very nice, very kind and very caring and let her know that this is important to me and if she can't deal with it then there is a big ole world full of other guys who probably have their little heads stuck in the sand ignoring the fact that this Great Republic is losing the very foundation on which it was built.

All you're doing is attempting to ensure (or insure) that you have the ways and means to take care of the Lady that you love should the path that we are going down continue to slide into a further state of cesspoolism.

Good luck!

(And if anyone else needs some "Couples Counseling" call 1800-Slippy to the Rescue. No fags, lezbos or trannies need call)
    Last edited by Slippy; 06-25-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    omegabrock and Mrs_Clark like this.

Originally Posted by Lucky Jim:
    Print out these pics and stick them to the fridge door to remind her it's best to get stuff in NOW while we still can, rather than after it hits the fan..

Quote Originally Posted by mcangus View Post
    LOL yes! What website did you get these from?
    From all over the net, just type into the google search box words like "looting", "apocalypse", "oh shit" etc..
    Here's a couple more pics for the fridge door-

PREPPERS AFTER SHTF

NON-PREPPERS AFTER SHTF
    Last edited by Lucky Jim; 06-25-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    ...Seeing what happened to the people of New Orleans taught me that we are only numbers to the government..
    Watching Katrina on TV here in England I couldn't help wondering why the people in the low-lying areas of N.O. didn't run for the hills when they saw it coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    Watching Katrina on TV here in England I couldn't help wondering why the people in the low-lying areas of N.O. didn't run for the hills when they saw it coming?
    Well my British Friend, at the time that Katrina hit, New Orleans was a Democrat governed city, in a democrat governed state and those that did not run for the hills were low information democrat freebie taking sub humans who were waiting on someone else to save them. They felt like it was OWED to them to get saved and maybe get some reparations for slavery as well. FUBAR then ensued...
    bigdogbuc likes this.

Banned

If you want to convince your girlfriend that you're not crazy, start by not wearing her clothes and making her call you Sheila...

It worked for me. :grin:

This goes along the old adage of "If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand". There are some things that people either get, or they don't. My wife, though not against guns or gun ownership, doesn't quite understand my fascination with them. She's "just not into it". Anymore than I'm into her "crafting".

She kind of lives in her own little box, which I think we all do. Our box is just different from theirs. And that's okay. I keep doing my thing and she does hers. However, if the need ever arises, she'll appreciate my world far more than hers.

In other words, don't sweat it, agree to disagree if that's what it takes, and if it becomes a "real problem" or gets hostile, you're not married to her and that's an easy fix. Send her packing.
    nightshade and Slippy like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links