How to convince my girlfriend I'm not crazy - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to convince my girlfriend I'm not crazy

This is a discussion on How to convince my girlfriend I'm not crazy within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; And pheniox I just read it and thanks for the link I'm sure it will help...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How to convince my girlfriend I'm not crazy

And pheniox I just read it and thanks for the link I'm sure it will help
    Using Tapatalk

My wife still thinks I'm crazy............. and she's probably right. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Who in the hell did you marry? I catch more shit than the septic tank over my "HOBBY" They will accept it? yeah...like hey honey...I have a girl friend on the side..thats alright isn't it? SUre baby...its your hobby...kisses...mmmmwhaaaa.
    wrong kinda hobby :D

cars, trucks, planes, guns, models, military history, prepping just to name a few
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

I think all you boys are crazy, and I wouldn't have it any other way. What natural disaster is in your area that could take out the heater- water or food supply- or even worse the ammo supply-
    wimmin types are rather interesting creatures. just do yer do and let her know this is how you plan to take care of her in a bad situation. SL

Quote Originally Posted by cgilbert View Post
    Every time I start in on what I need to do/buy this week for my preps she says that I have lost my mind and I'm "wasting my money". Does anybody else have this problem or are you lucky enough to have one that doesn't have her head up her butt and see the road this country is heading down? Lol
    My wife was kind of the same way and I didn't know what to do other than continue my prepping and then an idea hit me. We got to talking about it again and she hit me with the money in my preps then I hit her with "think of it as another form of life insurance" We gladly fork out big bucks every year for car, house, life insurance, medical policies and it is expensive out of the gate and we really so far have never seen a dime of it. Think of the preps as insurance and so far not one food item has gone to waste as we eat up the short term food as the date approaches. This was over a year ago and she hasn't said anything to me since about my preps and I think she even may understand a little, I hope so!
    Old SF Guy likes this.

TALK about it here on the forum. Just DO it at home. She'll notice shelves getting a bit fuller day-by-day, and she might wonder at your sudden interest in gardening, but once she starts to reach for the stuff on the shelf instead of going to the store she's in.

My wife is so on board -- as long as I don't TALK about it -- that she does more than I do most of the time to prep. That's because we LIKE living from our preps instead of just seeing them as a hoarded room full for some unknown future disaster.
    omegabrock likes this.
    Check out the United Christian Off-Road Alliance -- Hidden Content

heh I cant even convince the cat its a good idea. she hasn't been biting the garden plants so I left the door open for her to play on the patio. she was quiet for too long so I get up to check on her- and she was in the cucumber box covering the baby cucumbers like they were little poops. she may be a fine housekeeper- but shes no gardener. :/

I cant help you, meng.

just buy her jewelry or clothes. it's at the point now, if i spend $100 on something one paycheck my wife knows she has $100 to blow on something she wants...and then you could always take her to the range.
    Nathan Jefferson likes this.

nightshade

simple really..dont talk about it to her. and if you do talk about it to her apply it to the reality of your situation. for example, i live on the gulf coast..we have hurricanes. i store food and water and other stuff for this reason. show her pictures and true stories of hurricane damage..it will sink in. can do the same for tornadoes, flooding ect

Quote Originally Posted by omegabrock View Post
    just buy her jewelry or clothes. it's at the point now, if i spend $100 on something one paycheck my wife knows she has $100 to blow on something she wants...and then you could always take her to the range.
    for most wimmins in the US buying them jewelry and flowers will get you what you want!! Throw in some compliments and she will forget all about your tin-foil...

Just be careful, too much of the above and she might stop being your girlfriend... Then the real trouble begins!
    omegabrock likes this.

•  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links