warhammer
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

warhammer

This is a discussion on warhammer within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Have you played any version of this game??...

View Poll Results: have you herd of warhammer (games workshop)

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • warhammer 40k

7 33.33%
  • warhammer (fantasy)

1 4.76%
  • wtf are you talkinw about

13 61.90%
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By bigdogbuc
  • 2 Post By Innkeeper
  • 1 Post By pheniox17

Thread: warhammer

warhammer

Have you played any version of this game??
    Last edited by pheniox17; 06-23-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Woo Hoo I am first to Vote. lol Like I said before my kid is into it, I helped supply his army for awhile, have read some of the books, tried the game with one of his friends army, not going to put that kind of money into it, but it is fun. My Kid loves doing all that painting and customizing of his troops. By the way the 360 game for this sucked hind tit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    Woo Hoo I am first to Vote. lol Like I said before my kid is into it, I helped supply his army for awhile, have read some of the books, tried the game with one of his friends army, not going to put that kind of money into it, but it is fun. My Kid loves doing all that painting and customizing of his troops. By the way the 360 game for this sucked hind tit.
    You can get them with a Hind Tit? How long have Hinds Tit's been an option? Son of a bitch. Nobody ever tells me nothin'. Bastards....

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbuc View Post
    You can get them with a Hind Tit? How long have Hinds Tit's been an option? Son of a bitch. Nobody ever tells me nothin'. Bastards....
    You never raised pigs? Tell me your pulling my leg? bear in mind it is 3 hours later here, almost this guys bedtime, and the dog is urging me to crash. lol
    bigdogbuc and oldmurph58 like this.

just for those wondering, its just curiosity from another thread

to give a slight briefing on this game

its turned based table top strategy game (think of a complex version of chess)

its played using miniatures and dice, and a ruler

40k is the easiest to describe (fantasy is lord of the rings (games workshop dose this too) with a dark ages timeline)

in a nut shell its the year 40,000 and its a time of war, earth is a wasteland, humanity is under siege on all sides, from chaos, corruption, aliens, mutation, zombies (yep that's in there too)

any more info if interested is these links

Home | Games Workshop Webstore

Warhammer 40,000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now to another question, what dose this mean to our community?? we can test tactics (on the most base level) have entertainment, even kill time with it, but it is expensive to raise a 2000 point Army (aud, its $50 a squad 60-85 for a tank, 18-30 for characters, and paint is 3.50 a pot last time I got any)

its a hobby and since I introduced the topic on another thread it seems fitting to explain it

(if I had people closer that have interest in this game I would still play it, you even have a leadership rule, where troops are so terrified they can't fight, and even run off the battlefield, so a lot of urban and bush tactics can be tested and games workshop attempts to keep the rules as realistic as possible eg, you can't see it you cant shoot it
    Innkeeper likes this.
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

I played Warhammer, the fantasy version, back in 1989-1992 while stationed in Iceland and Germany. It's just a different flavor of AD&D. I know the Warhammer 40K is a completely different beast, never got into it.

Tim

Well, My mind was racing trying to decide whether I had a Warhammer or not.......

A video game? wonderful for you.

Computer games are dangerous for me, I get to into them, I used to play the original everquest, I led the third largest guild on Zeb server, coordinating attacks with 200 people that requires each to have split second timing is not an easy thing to do. Heck one of my officers was featured on 20/20, might have been 60 minuets.... was a long time ago, name was Sssive.

I recently started playing Forge of Empires, very relaxed, laid back, play when you feel like it kind of game that does not demand much time. I currently run the first, fourth, and 11th ranked guilds on E server........

Anyway.... games are scary.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    Well, My mind was racing trying to decide whether I had a Warhammer or not.......

A video game? wonderful for you.
    The Video Game was made later based on the Popular Table top game Phoenix is talking about, the video game tanked.

The game I was referring to was not a video game. I'm not aware of any Warhammer video games...perhaps Warhammer 40K, I'm not sure about that.

The Warhammer game I played was, as I'd said, a variation on Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. It was played with paper and pen/pencil, and dice. It seemed as though someone in our little group always had a few miniatures (usually from AD&D) and we'd press those into service for battles. They're not necessary, but can spice up the game a bit. RPGs are great fun, but require a goodly amount of time, and no small amount of effort on the part of the "gamemaster".

Tim

Sponsored Links