Is there any part of big government that you are happy with? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is there any part of big government that you are happy with?

This is a discussion on Is there any part of big government that you are happy with? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Under the 10th Amendment how do these Departments exist? Department of Agriculture (eliminate or defund) Department of Commerce (eliminate or defund) Department of Defense (might ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Is there any part of big government that you are happy with?

Under the 10th Amendment how do these Departments exist?

Department of Agriculture (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Commerce (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Defense (might be ok as part of the military)
    Department of Defense Inspector General (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Education (ED) (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Energy (DOE) (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Health and Human Services (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Homeland Security (DHS) (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Homeland Security (DHS) (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Justice (DOJ) (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Labor (DOL) (eliminate or defund)
    Department of State (DOS) (Ok, maybe, just maybe but cut their funding to a reasonable level)
    Department of the Interior (DOI) (eliminate or defund)
    Department of the Treasury (eliminate or defund)
    Department of Transportation (DOT) (Ok, I think is necessary, but costs too damn much)
    Totally eliminate the EPA. (eliminate or defund)
    Slippy, ekim and omegabrock like this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Banned

I am committed to reducing the size, power and scope of government. The Dept. of Homeland (IN) Security tops the charts having cost the taxpayers 649 BILLION DOLLARS between 2001 and 2011. In addition cities are spending $70 million per week more on homeland security than they had before 9/11.

Homeland Security Budget | Costs of War

Unfortunately, most of the efforts end up targeting the very people the allocations were touted as protecting. The drones, armed federal mercenaries, womb to the tomb surveillance, etc. are all find funding dollars from the DHS.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    For me some of work the government has done that's been pretty good over the years is preservation of parts of our wildlife areas and protection of particular species. That in itself of course has various aspects of stupidity, but the word stupidity is synonymous with government. They've done some good work helping vets and other groups but than there's a whole of wtf that goes there too. I still can't subside the belief I wouldn't be happier living in a world with no big government at all and smaller communities in direct control of their own lands and laws, with each person a personal voice to be voiced directly if they choose to in community meetings. I'm not sure where to find that anymore.
    ekim likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Resister View Post
    I am committed to reducing the size, power and scope of government. The Dept. of Homeland (IN) Security tops the charts having cost the taxpayers 649 BILLION DOLLARS between 2001 and 2011. In addition cities are spending $70 million per week more on homeland security than they had before 9/11.

Homeland Security Budget | Costs of War

Unfortunately, most of the efforts end up targeting the very people the allocations were touted as protecting. The drones, armed federal mercenaries, womb to the tomb surveillance, etc. are all find funding dollars from the DHS.
    Resister: you and I don't usually agree on much of anything, but On this one we do.

Unfortunately DHS was developed to answer several of the mistakes that lead up to the 9/11 attacks and while it was a good faith effort only a few things have worked out quite as planned.

As a small local cop, we did get a bunch of equipment - mostly dealing with hazardous materials protection gear suits and masks etc - that would allow us to respond to an incident. They also stockpiled a bunch of replacement cache's of this type of material to allow us to swap out once our suits or filters had gotten contaminated.

But it also opened Pandora's Box with regards to our local neighbor (USMC) and did lead to at least one Posse Comitatus (can't spell) violation that should never happened.

Do away with DHS? Hard question. Go back to the original problem that generated the agency and re look all the problems and how to fix them

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Other than the Armed Services, nothing pleases me with the Federal Government.
    A Good Start would be to;

Immediately reduce the size and budget of EVERY Department by 10%.
    Immediately Repeal every EPA Regulation enacted since 2006.
    Immediately Balance the Budget, no money is spent without it being earned.
    TERM LIMITS on the lifetime crooks in Congress who have been spending our money like drunk fools.

Oct 1, 2014 Eliminate the Budgets of the following by another 80%;
    Department of Agriculture

Totally eliminate the EPA.

January 1, 2015...More of the same.
    Ok we do away with your treasury and Casie's FED and where does that leave us?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallimiyama View Post
    Government = necesary evil........ Big Government = BIG EVIL
    i agree that big government = big evil but i have to disagree with any form of government being a necessary evil. our government has completely overstepped boundaries, there is no question about that but to me, and the ideals i grew up with, a government (especially in a republic) is to protect the citizens and their rights. the perversion of our government has gotten worse when people started making laws based on feelings and emotion. people in today's society get their feelings hurt too easy and feel that their feelings trump other people's feelings...politicians only care about keeping their seat and paycheck so they cater to those with hurt feelings. a republic isnt 'majority rules' and my feelings are no more important than the next person's. if you say 'your religion offends me' then why can't i say 'your lack of religion offends me'?

i have 1001 different ways of how our government is wrong and it's hard to think of many that it gets right, but in an ideal government scenario in today's world, government would serve the sole purpose in ensuring that everybody has an opportunity to succeed. (notice i did not say 'ensuring everybody is equal') let the private sector do their job. let the free market work. set laws to allow each individual to live their life however they want to and punish those that step on the next person's freedoms. if i don't want to hire somebody based on their appearance then i should have that right. if i don't want to give somebody goods/services based on their religious beliefs (or lack of) then i should have that right, however, if i want to take from somebody else based on their appearance, success or religious views government *should* be there to stop that.

Banned

So what about the tennessee valley authority?

Or the folks that dredge our harbors and rivers so ships and barges can navigate and get goods to market?

Super Moderator

Hard to say whether the DHS should be eliminated?

This thread got several clicks but little discussion.

https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/n...eing-told.html

Watch it and you'll have to ask yourself; are things choreographed to happen or allowed to happen in order to create a need?

The DHS came about after years of activity on behalf of entities other than the citizens, the states and the constitution created a situation.

Even now, both the left and the right are asserting that less liberty might be required to "protect" us from a "new" threat; a threat that our dollars have been spent to fund and train.

Meanwhile, our southern border has collapsed. What is more important to homeland security than controlling who crosses our borders?

Consider all the agencies that have been created in the last fifty years and realize how successful they have been at achieving the goals as explained to the public. All seem to be more about controlling the citizenry than they are about achieving goals. All are used for political purposes. DHS is no different.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by SARGE7402 View Post
    Ok we do away with your treasury and Casie's FED and where does that leave us?
    Sarge and the FED, sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Mwwwaaaah! Mmmm, You luuuuv your big private, central bank so much! :D

Seriously. In this thread too?

I've answered this. You return the power of US money to the US Treasury where it belongs. Shocking, I know! (Slippy is only suggesting it's fat, bloated, ever expanding budget be cut to make it a lean mean fighting machine.... that can only afford to do it's job, and not make politician's rich! It's not rocket science.)

Look, I am not trying to convince you of anything. We agreed to disagree. But you tote it around from one post to the next over and over.

It was fun. But now I am angry with you. I blame you for running off a very smart, cool guy. Not because of your witty banter. But because, a man who endangers another member of the community (by searching out personal information and spreading it around) once, would do it again. Some people are very private and have way too much to protect (precious children and beloved spouse) to take the risk posting in a community that has such a man.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad. These things happen. The internet is Fight Club. I just want you to know why from now on every time you use my name in a post I will reply with, "Sarge and the FED, sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Mwwwaaaah! Mmmm, You luuuuv your big private, central bank so much!" :D

Because if you can repeat "Casie doesn't understand how good the FED is to us." over and over, then surely I can say, "You love it MMm so good!"

P.S. please don't retaliate by posting my personal information online. I'll sadly leave the community if you want me too. (See? That's how passive aggressive is done correctly. I learned it from my Mother-In-Law. She is master pro level. You are a hobbyist. That's a compliment!)

I'm sure we'll be fine. We can ignore each other completely, talk potatoes, or keep doing this. I'm cool with whatever. :)
    Denton, ekim and Slippy like this.
    ==(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)==
    ¤´¨`·.¸¸.*Casie*.¸¸.·´¨`¤
    ==(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)==

Government should be small and underfunded.
    They should have to go to the people and ask for the funding and convince them that whatever monies they want are really necessary.
    The people should say how our money is spent.
    Casie, ekim and omegabrock like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links