Ammo Doing ou part to support the shortage . Typical red neck family clinging to our
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Doing ou part to support the shortage . Typical red neck family clinging to our

This is a discussion on Ammo Doing ou part to support the shortage . Typical red neck family clinging to our within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Doing my part to support the shortage . Typical red neck family clinging to our guns and religion. After grandsons birthday party adults to the ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Inor
  • 1 Post By Slippy

Thread: Ammo Doing ou part to support the shortage . Typical red neck family clinging to our

Doing my part to support the shortage . Typical red neck family clinging to our guns and religion. After grandsons birthday party adults to the range.
    Turns into a 1 and 1/2 days of shooting. 1000 rounds or 5.56 1000, rounds 9mm , 500 rounds 38's, 300+ 45's and 1500 22,s gone.
    Some zeroing to account for changed sights and scopes. Some experimenting with a 50 and 100 yard zero vs the 25 meter off set AR zero with interesting results put to the test. Explained and demoed Zero distance targeting with AR. Some that never heard of hold over have a skill in place.
    One person with us that had never been closer to a weapon than walking by one in walmart, had the chance to try every one of the weapons on range.
    We have a convert.
    We found that this group of working class rednecks can shoot anything put on the table. That BG on other in is in deep shi-.
    Proved you can clear up total misunderstanding of how to deploy a AR.
    Reflex fire moving to target from 300 meters to 25 showed every round on target by every one shooting it.
    Did I mention we had a blast. Not bad for an unplanned event.
    paraquack, Inor, Seneca and 7 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Doing my part to support the shortage . Typical red neck family clinging to our guns and religion. After grandsons birthday party adults to the range.
    Turns into a 1 and 1/2 days of shooting. 1000 rounds or 5.56 1000, rounds 9mm , 500 rounds 38's, 300+ 45's and 1500 22,s gone.
    Some zeroing to account for changed sights and scopes. Some experimenting with a 50 and 100 yard zero vs the 25 meter off set AR zero with interesting results put to the test. Explained and demoed Zero distance targeting with AR. Some that never heard of hold over have a skill in place.
    One person with us that had never been closer to a weapon than walking by one in walmart, had the chance to try every one of the weapons on range.
    We have a convert.
    We found that this group of working class rednecks can shoot anything put on the table. That BG on other in is in deep shi-.
    Reflex fire moving to target from 300 meters to 25 showed every round on target by every one shooting it.
    Most of our families summer bbq and get togethers involve shooting of one form or another, pistol, skeet, rifle, sometimes all of the above. I also have been teaching my nieces and nephews to hunt and shoot, I have one brother-in-law, who was never raised on either so since they are interested in it it falls to me and their other uncle. Mind you in my family all the boys and girls are taught to shoot and hunt, then it is their choice to do it or not. Sadly in his family it was not important, and while he is interested, he stays very very busy working in the Gas fields and what time he has off is coaching one of the kids sports teams so I give him a break and do not ride him much over it.

Range days can be fun. When is the reloading party? I need to get out to the range, it's been a month and I haven't launched a single bullet. I average a trip every couple of weeks, I too am doing my part to contribute to the shortage. I'd be interested to hear what kinds of sight arrangements you had going with the AR.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Who Paid. It Sounds Like.Close Too Two Thousand Dollars To me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    Range days can be fun. When is the reloading party? I need to get out to the range, it's been a month and I haven't launched a single bullet. I average a trip every couple of weeks, I too am doing my part to contribute to the shortage. I'd be interested to hear what kinds of sight arrangements you had going with the AR.
    Quote Originally Posted by alterego View Post
    Who Paid. It Sounds Like.Close Too Two Thousand Dollars To me.
    About half came from our fun day supply the ammo was well worth it. Others made a quick trip home.
    As for sights This may be long winded.
    The AR platform using standard A2 type sights is easy . zeroed at 25 meters correctly it serves you well up close with hold over , center mass to 300 meters and easily out to 450 with sight picture adjustments. The problem comes when you dump A2 sights and go to a scope the zero rules go out the window.
    Example good mil dot 2.5X6x40 zeroed at 25 meters at 100 yards to hit dead on you must aim two mil dots up. or you will hit 6-8 inches high.
    As long as you understand your scope and zero life is good try passing it to another shooter.
    If you zero the scope at 100 yards the whole trajectory changes you will hit dead on at 100 yards but drop is all you have after that it can make long shots a real problem and reduce your over all distance greatly.
    We worked on a 50 yard zero that gives back some of what you lose in flexibility with a 100 Yard zero and splits the difference with the hold over at 100 yards. What it does is puts you where you need to be to hit the target in most common use ranges without any thinking involved aim center mass shoot.
    Then we worked on reflex sights for short to mid range, They do not magnify but are the fastest way to hit targets not pin point but close enough. Again when zero they have a short coming up close so we zeroed pop up iron on the standard 25 meter zero. The combination worked well but requires a quick reset in thinking when you switch.
    Once all were figured out and everyone was happy we set up the man size targets.
    Task hit BG center mass quickly at 50,100,150 200 and 300 meters
    Out come done deal everyone passed easily.
    Task two hold over up close. The head shot BG hold some one It took a few times for some but they got it Bg lost eyes, center of forehead hit
    Task 3 some fun with reflex shooing start at 300 move fast to target raise weapon 2-3 shots keep moving 2-3 shots all the way to target.
    Count holes count rounds left holes and rounds used need to be the same they were.
    Last Task stack shots on the center line of the target one above the other top to bottom using the mil dots goal nice straight line.
    Reason demonstrate ability to use the mil dots, They got that.
    Now keep in mind except of one these where shooters experienced with the M4/AR weapon.
    All rounds fired were M855 62gr green tip same manufacture. All Ar's were 16 inch 1 in 7 some mid-length some carbine that made no difference in short range but the mid-length has some slight advantage in sighting at longer distances due to distance between sights.
    Rest of it was fun stuff dance the can around ect. We let the rabbits go. Some of this was in rain we did take a break when it poured.
    WE used a lot of scopes and proved cheap sucks good low cost is ok the best you are going to pay for.
    The Mark lll Ruger proved to be a lot of fun and a real pain to break down but it loosened up a bit and it got easier after 4 or 5 times.
    I am getting the easy take down kit.
    Snub nose 38's all shot slightly low and left as always
    The 9mm from compact to full size worked flawlessly
    The 45's did what 45's do go bang real loud and make a big hole.
    The only fail to fire was an Ar with 20 round mag old version failed to lock in . Mag is in recycle bin now
    The gas piston AR's were so much easier to clean .
    Reloading is simple all the brass (we found some was lost)went with second son. He did good on the 9mm he reloaded now he needs to figure out the 5.56 by July 4th.
    Next planned shoot with family and close friends. is 4 July.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 06-22-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

9UC

No offense meant, but to much expending of ammo for me. My supplies are not great and I'm not seeing ammo in great quantity yet at the local stores, I'm still following the conservative route. Went to the range Wednesday, first time since mid April and my return from our summer trip. I was there for nearly two hours. I only went through 36 rounds of 9mm and 24 rounds of 380. I'm in dire need of improving my draw and hit center mass doing firing from the more difficult double action trigger pull at the 7 yard mark. I would draw, or turn and draw from having my back to the target, fire and walk to the target and mark where I hit so that I could tell where the next hit penetrated the target.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    Life Member: Vietnam Security Police Assn VSPA), DVA, VVA, VFW

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We have a convert.
    We took the whole family to the range a week ago yesterday. I just finished cleaning the last gun from that outing about 20 minutes ago. Very good times. It is fun to see our kids enjoy something as much as we do.
    Slippy likes this.

Excellent Smitty! Our boys visited for the weekend. The sound of 9mm rounds from their weapons echoed from the range as me and Mrs Slippy smiled upon the blessing of our family.
    Last edited by Slippy; 06-22-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Inor likes this.

I have been so busy the last year I have not gone shooting once. Reloaded a lotta ammo though, cans and boxes of ammo. Working my way through all the components I buy during republican presidential terms when it's cheap. You klazy to buy ammo right now. Shit's expensive like plasma. I reloaded 500 45 LRN, 200 243, 9mm, 30-30, oh and I almost forgot the 4570 with a 400g LRN.

It'll be safe to buy ammo in 3 years. The entire shortage is artificial. The gun stores juiced you for the first 4 years of Obama, even though they knew that he was not going to do any gun control during the first term. Presidents with 2nd term aspirations do not touch on gun control during their first term or they will end up a one term president. It was the tipping point for Kerry and Gore.

We usually shoot 30 rounds of x39, 20 rounds of 54R, 30 rounds .223 and 100 rounds of 9mm on a typical range outing. About $50.00 worth. Then I replace it before the next trip.

Sponsored Links