Warning to E-cig Users
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Warning to E-cig Users

This is a discussion on Warning to E-cig Users within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; A friend had a bad experience with a knock-off, Chinese made e-cig battery pack, and I figured it might be a good idea to pass ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Warning to E-cig Users

Super Moderator

Warning to E-cig Users

A friend had a bad experience with a knock-off, Chinese made e-cig battery pack, and I figured it might be a good idea to pass this on...

There a some really spiffy batteries for e-cigs, nowadays. One of them is a pretty large battery that has adjustable resistance and has a really neat digital read-out that tells you the resistance setting and some other info. It costs over 200 bucks, though.

Never fear, deal-hunters; the Chinese came to the rescue. They built one just like the expensive one, and it costs around 90 bucks. My buddy bought one and was showing it off to me last week. Yesterday, however, he had another story. The stupid thing started overheating in his pocket. He was able to get it out before the pack melted. Imagine, had the thing did this while it at the house while he and his wife were gone!

He is sending it back and the company is going to send him a replacement. My suggestion is to get his money back and not use that product.

Figured y'all might want to know about this, in case someone was looking to buy one of these things.
    Innkeeper likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

You know the next thing to come out of all this e-cig stuff is e-joints. Laugh at me if you want...

Just Sayin
    Denton, Inor, slewfoot and 1 others like this.
    "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin' View Post
    You know the next thing to come out of all this e-cig stuff is e-joints. Laugh at me if you want...

Just Sayin
    e-joints, wanna get high?? lol
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Already have them. They're called "oilers". You can buy them at any shop that sells these and smoke hash oil with them.
    Denton and Innkeeper like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin' View Post

Just Sayin
    My understanding is that devices like these were used for that before nicotine. I don't use the nicotine fluid, just for the flavor and to play with the vapors.

Then again, all bets are off when I hit 80 years.
    Just Sayin' likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Banned

It's the latest and greatest I get to deal with at the high school since our state legalized recreational marijuana. We're going to adopt a policy that any kid found with a "Vape Pen" or "E-Cig" is automatically out for possession of drugs/drug paraphernalia. We have no way to test what's in it.

It's very easy to make hash oil; an oz. of weed, a pvc tube with a cap on one end with a small hole drilled in it, cheesecloth on the other and a container of butane like you use for refillable lighters. Pack your weed in, put the cap on, stick the butane dispenser in and "fill". The butane saturates the weed, then filters through the cheesecloth in a liquid form, hardens up into a waxy substance and voila, you have hash oil, and it's roughly 95% THC. The butane evaporates out completely. Sometimes it blows up, especially in your basement when done near the water heater (if it's gas). A little dab'll do ya' though.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbuc View Post
    It's the latest and greatest I get to deal with at the high school since our state legalized recreational marijuana. We're going to adopt a policy that any kid found with a "Vape Pen" or "E-Cig" is automatically out for possession of drugs/drug paraphernalia. We have no way to test what's in it.

It's very easy to make hash oil; an oz. of weed, a pvc tube with a cap on one end with a small hole drilled in it, cheesecloth on the other and a container of butane like you use for refillable lighters. Pack your weed in, put the cap on, stick the butane dispenser in and "fill". The butane saturates the weed, then filters through the cheesecloth in a liquid form, hardens up into a waxy substance and voila, you have hash oil, and it's roughly 95% THC. The butane evaporates out completely. Sometimes it blows up, especially in your basement when done near the water heater (if it's gas). A little dab'll do ya' though.
    See, I was right even before I knew it! Technology is gonna be the death of us all.

Thanks biddogbuc!
    Denton likes this.
    "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

Thomas Jefferson

nightshade

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    A friend had a bad experience with a knock-off, Chinese made e-cig battery pack, and I figured it might be a good idea to pass this on...

There a some really spiffy batteries for e-cigs, nowadays. One of them is a pretty large battery that has adjustable resistance and has a really neat digital read-out that tells you the resistance setting and some other info. It costs over 200 bucks, though.

Never fear, deal-hunters; the Chinese came to the rescue. They built one just like the expensive one, and it costs around 90 bucks. My buddy bought one and was showing it off to me last week. Yesterday, however, he had another story. The stupid thing started overheating in his pocket. He was able to get it out before the pack melted. Imagine, had the thing did this while it at the house while he and his wife were gone!

He is sending it back and the company is going to send him a replacement. My suggestion is to get his money back and not use that product.

Figured y'all might want to know about this, in case someone was looking to buy one of these things.
    e-cigs blow up in some instances from over heating while charging. i stopped using mine when i found that out. also the nicotine can soak into your skin if it spills on you. i read that a lady fell asleep with her e-cig in bed and it broke and leaked all over her...kinda messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Not too mention that we have no idea the long term affects of these devices and the targeted youth are the guinea pigs!
    Denton likes this.
    BuckB Are you an organ donor? If not put your organs where your mouth is. An easy way to end organ shortages is for everyone to sign up to be a donor. You don't need to murder petty criminals for that purpose. - will2

So now even an E-cig can burn down a forest or your house..Damn smokey's gotta include this warning now.
    Denton and Innkeeper like this.

•  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links